Mysterious board under my dash / switch panel?

Anyone have any idea what this board is for? I found under my dash? it looks original but i cant find any info on it....
    2001 171 DC

pic01.jpgpic02.jpg

2. Member
    I’d guess the timer for aerators.

3. Member
    So i have a push button switch for AER, assuming this is to turn the aerators on/off.
    I also have 3 way rocker switch labeled AERATE Auto (Up), dead center, and MAN (down)
    But i thought this required a special aerator pump/kit to accomplish essential what is recirculation? I dont see this anywhere in the bilge/live well area

pic03.jpg
    Last edited by DigitalJedi; 04-30-2024 at 10:29 AM.

4. Member
    If you’re talking about the little black bumps below the switches, those are reset breakers. Follow the wires on that circuit board and see if they lead to your aerator rocker switch. I doubt you have the “hydro”, but you should have a recirculate by turning the valve by your knee. (I assume that’s where your livewell drain valve is).

Most livewell valves have: drain, recirculate, fill. Yours might have 2 only, your boats a little older than mine. Reggie or someone else might have to confirm exactly how yours was built.

5. Member
    Livewell timer. The brown wire goes to the pump
    1995 Champion 190 dcx Elite

6. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by RickCamilleri View Post
    Livewell timer. The brown wire goes to the pump
    Agree, Brown wires are for pumps and the Orange is power after a switch and or a breaker (this I am not 100 percent sure of it's been awhile since I did my brothers champ, I know its power but forget if it's after breaker or switch or both or either)
    2020 Ranger 521L, Merc 250 Pro XS

7. Member
    On another friends boat I replaced his broken timer with one these linked below. I removed the old flasher adjuster knob like you have at the top and put it there to fill the hole and give you some adjustability to timer. Mostly leave it at max which is 1:1 but can turn it down a bit if needed.

https://www.flow-rite.com/product/livewell-pro-timer-2/

I also replaced all the switches with the Etched labeled switches as they look awesome and allow you to know which switch they are.

https://newwiremarine.com/marine-gra...cker-switches/

Also I put carbon fiber look vinyl wrap on the switch plate to make it look new or you could sand and paint it with plastic paint.
    2020 Ranger 521L, Merc 250 Pro XS

8. Born on th Llano Estacado Tx Champ's Avatar
    Ok, so that is the timer for the livewell functions. The orange wire is switched 12v from the power switch. The brown/black wires go to the Aer (aerate) which fills the livewell. Auto runs through the timer which is has a fixed on & off time cycle. Man (manual) bypasses the timer and runs the pump continuously. If you have a switch for Hydro, it runs the recirculate pump. It also would have Auto & Man positions. Some Tournament models didn't have the Hydro/recirc function.

I notice some white stains on the timer board. You can take a small acid brush, shorten the bristles and scrub the board with vinegar to get rid of any signs of corrosion then rinse with clean water. Dry it off with a hair dryer.
    Last edited by Tx Champ; 04-30-2024 at 08:35 AM.

9. Member
    WOW!!
    Again i am blow away by the amount of experience and knowledge this forum has.
    Thanks for all the info guys...
    Last edited by DigitalJedi; 04-30-2024 at 11:42 AM.