First Full 18 in a long time

Finally got a nice day out yesterday and got to the course for a full 18 yesterday.
    My My I have a lot to work on.

My short game is horrid. When at anything 70 yards and in is where most all of my strokes came from so need to work on that bad.
    My driver distance is horrid as well. Crazy thing is I can hit a 4 or 5 hybrid almost as long as my driver. Sometimes even further.

Had a fantastic blunder.....ever played a wrong green before? I did yesterday. The hole i was on kind of dog legged left and I wasnt paying attention and shot the ball to the next holes green...Took me a few min to realize what I had done when I got to the next hole. Bet the guys that were playing in front of me were wondering what the hell I was doing.

Had quite a few holes where I did good, at least for me and made a true honest bogey. Which I would take all day long compared to what I did for the rest of the holes.

Roddy...you were right, that 60 degree wedge is a PITA. I also have a 58 degree so ill probably use it way more as I seem to hit it better.

My putting was off on some and on on others. Sank a pretty long 20' put on a really hard breaking green. So was pretty proud of that. Than the next hole I was back and forth over shooting the distance.

Think I lost 8 balls total. A lot of bad slices and having pretty thick rough on the course didnt help much either.

Was a nice day to get out at least and had fun

Sadly shot a 122 on a 72 hole course. So I got some stuff to work on. But I know where most of my strokes were coming from was on the green and chipping it in. So thats where I am going to work.
    I can at least do some chipping in the backyard at home so that will help.
    Want to look at getting some better wedges and a couple more. Right now all I have are the 58 and the 60 and the P and S wedge from my iron set.

Did hit a lot pretty straight and made some nice shots more often than I thought I would. But really need to work on my driver also. I just cant seem to get any distance out of it. I know I dont have the best swing speed, and when I just hit it smooth it goes stright. If i try and put some power to it, it slices pretty bad.

2. Member
    Practice and play for a month or two, if you don’t see progress something is consistently off and you will need some help, aka lessons, to get back on track. We seem very willing to go buy new drivers and putters and end up with the same results.

Be up front and specific about what you want in lessons with the pro, as this will help them focus. As part of my short game tuneup pro worked on my wedges and I was very specific, “I tend to come up short on less than full shots.” My wedge problem was nothing fundamental, as I hit many really well when taking a full swing. I would decelerate on less than full shots. Took probably 15 minutes to ID the problem, another 20 to convince me a shorter, firm accelerating swing was better. It worked and shaved off 2-3 strokes per round.

3. Hunting & Gun Lodge Moderator Roddy's Avatar
    If you make it to west Ky look me up. Also there is no reason whatsoever to have a 58 and 60 degree wedge. You need at least a 4 degree difference to get proper gaping.
    SIMMONS CUSTOM BOATS
    Anderson Services LLC
    " Those who beat their swords into plowshares will plow for those who don't"

Bring Back Gluten!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Roddy View Post
    If you make it to west Ky look me up. Also there is no reason whatsoever to have a 58 and 60 degree wedge. You need at least a 4 degree difference to get proper gaping.
    I ordered a better 58 as well as a 52
    That will put my wedges at 45-52-55-58
    The 45 and 55 are my pitching and sand wedges that came with my Irons set.

5. Blazer Boats Moderator Rebel1's Avatar
    Low bounce high lofted wedges certainly aren't for the average golfer.