Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

To the Ranger haters-

I don't post very often but do keep up with current events. It's gotten old and disgusting to see idiots get on here and put down the boat line with zero knowledge of what their rattling about. To all you ****in experts that have made the judgement that Ranger is an inferior product since being acquired by BPS. What do you base your observations on? you've owned before and after? Taken a plant tour and didn't like what you saw,etc.
    I get a Ranger every year and my current (2019) is one of the best I've ha in 18 years. Why would someone by a top of the line company, cheapen it and risk losing the top clientel. They rule the industry by making smart decisions ,not dumb ones.
    Here's one thing about this social media bullshit. It's easy to get all the info on anyone making a post. But when some dickhead is posting how Ranger is trash because it's a Nitro now, is stupid. I've checked out some of posters; some don't even own a boat, others are runnin competitive rigs, hell one gay fishes out of a kayak.
    I consider it a privilege to be able to run the boat I run. Their all good boats now; it's too competitive to try and sell something that's not top notch. You haters get a better job or be happy with what you can afford. Believe me,I've worked my ass off ; thery're EARNED privileges.

2. Kansas Bass Club Moderator
    Wow! Easy sparky. Too much coffee this morning or Red Bull maybe?

Lots of "dickheads" that bash nitro because there once removed brothers sister married him heard nitro was junk 22 years ago...

their
    Mercury 250 proxs 2B115089

4. fish8503@yahoo.com GOTTA BIG SACK's Avatar
    Did you pay cash?
    2021 Skeeter ZX150
    2020 Sea Doo GTI se 170

5. Banned
    I agree with this had 2 guys yesterday looking at my L boat said it was a shame I didn’t get one before JM wrecked the company....I laughed so hard....then they both got in there wrecks and left...I’ve had 7 or 8 all on my own dime this is my favourite.

I have heard these comments from people I would never expected to say it and with little knowledge of what their talking about. My experience with the 3 Ranger I have owned is the current JM boat is the best of all of them. Cant figure out the hate for a man that has owned his company for over 40 years and is very successful.

7. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by bloodman View Post
    I have heard these comments from people I would never expected to say it and with little knowledge of what their talking about. My experience with the 3 Ranger I have owned is the current JM boat is the best of all of them. Cant figure out the hate for a man that has owned his company for over 40 years and is very successful.
    I think the thought is when someone purchases a company second hand that profits are likely the main focus. If you start a company or product you are more likely to put everything into it and focus more on the quality as it's always known who invented a product or technique. In order for profits to increase you would obviously need to cut overhead or increase prices. The usual culprit is a decrease in overhead from less quality products. I am not referring to ranger doing this, just a generality for a lot of businesses over time. Hope it doesn't happen to Ranger.

My 2014 was made before Johnny Morris bought Ranger. Is it better than the newer Ranger's? No. I looked at new ones before buying my 2014 and the craftsmanship and quality are still second to non.
    2018 Ranger Z518C 200hp Rude.
    12 inch HDS Carbon
    9 inch HDS Carbon

2022 Ram 2500 6.7l Cummins

9. Member
    Interesting post by the OP. Love my 2014 Z520C. My first Ranger after having owned other brands.

I proud to own my Ranger. Don't bother me that others may be negative.

I enjoy looking at the newer Rangers at the ramps and dealership when I go in for service. They look like a quality product to me

10. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by kyduck View Post
    I think the thought is when someone purchases a company second hand that profits are likely the main focus. If you start a company or product you are more likely to put everything into it and focus more on the quality as it's always known who invented a product or technique. In order for profits to increase you would obviously need to cut overhead or increase prices. The usual culprit is a decrease in overhead from less quality products. I am not referring to ranger doing this, just a generality for a lot of businesses over time. Hope it doesn't happen to Ranger.
    +1 jchips you could be right and hopefully you are but as kyduck stated it's just how business goes unfortunately...too many great companies are acquired and then compromised in the name of profit, and i'd just as soon have to believe it happens in reverse. It's ok to be wary of this buyout, but not ok to make assumptions without knowledge. Some rightfully fear that if a company who makes a "cheaper" Nitro now manufactures Ranger he/she may be inclined to incorporate some more cost effective manufacturing methods across the board with good intentions. I certainly hope you are right, but not sure they deserve the cussin and f bombin you gave out??

11. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by jchips View Post
    I don't post very often but do keep up with current events. It's gotten old and disgusting to see idiots get on here and put down the boat line with zero knowledge of what their rattling about. To all you ****in experts that have made the judgement that Ranger is an inferior product since being acquired by BPS. What do you base your observations on? you've owned before and after? Taken a plant tour and didn't like what you saw,etc.
    I get a Ranger every year and my current (2019) is one of the best I've ha in 18 years. Why would someone by a top of the line company, cheapen it and risk losing the top clientel. They rule the industry by making smart decisions ,not dumb ones.
    Here's one thing about this social media bullshit. It's easy to get all the info on anyone making a post. But when some dickhead is posting how Ranger is trash because it's a Nitro now, is stupid. I've checked out some of posters; some don't even own a boat, others are runnin competitive rigs, hell one gay fishes out of a kayak.
    I consider it a privilege to be able to run the boat I run. Their all good boats now; it's too competitive to try and sell something that's not top notch. You haters get a better job or be happy with what you can afford. Believe me,I've worked my ass off ; thery're EARNED privileges.
    i see why you don't post much...

keep the boat for 5 years instead of buying a new every years and report back....

i do like my ranger tho...

12. Member
    why does the guy in the kayak gotta be gay?
    2018 Crestliner PT20
    2018 Evinrude G2 200 H.O.
    Duel 8' PP blades
    Atlas hydraulic jackplate

13. "OVER THE LINE SMOKEY!" headhigh's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by ram rod View Post
    why does the guy in the kayak gotta be gay?
    Exactly what I was thinking! Not only is he defending Ranger owners, but he's profiling kayak fishermen!
    1998 Ranger R93
    1998 Mercury 200 EFI

"Life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness."

14. Member
    My 2003 521VX is faster, dryer, more stable, better cornering, better hole shot, and better built than any of the newer Rangers I have ridden or driven. The drop in inserts on the current models, cheaper seat material, and over all less solid feel was a turn off for me. When it came to buy again, I kept my old one and bought a Legend V20 instead.

15. Member
    I dont hate Rangers, owned several, think i just sold my 520L but now Im going with a phoenix. I also have a rare 2001 ranger 461 thats refurbished almost 100% that i will keep long as i can..Have seen differences since the takeover in parts of the boats. Like the gas tank says tracker marine on a plate under the center console...tank works fine..just odd seeing it. Will not say Ill never buy another Ranger..bc never say never as they say. But I am a hard critic and im going to be critical when i spend several thousands on any brand of boat and thats not done correct or has flaws.. They need to know sometimes...but as for the haters...haters gonna hate.

Quote Originally Posted by headhigh View Post
    Exactly what I was thinking! Not only is he defending Ranger owners, but he's profiling kayak fishermen!

Quote Originally Posted by jchips View Post
    I agree 100% with you!!

18. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by bloodman View Post
    It is simple Wal Mart Economics. If you do some research, you will find that the same business model for Wal Mart is the same as BPS. Not taking anything away from JM, he is successful. I myself thought that Cabelas Brand of stuff had way more quality then BPS branded stuff. With that said, that is the reason you can buy a $5 "T" shirt at Wal Mart. They beat the vendors to a point of making sub-par items to get the cost down. Some of the stuff suffers, some don't. Ranger still builds a hell of a boat and probably will always be top of the line. If you haven't seen the new Nitro, it is a nice boat as well. I called Ranger the other day and saw no difference from when I called there years ago. It took a few more minutes to get through, but overall it was a good parts buying experience.
    Last edited by Javelin387; 04-23-2019 at 03:49 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by mrc View Post
    My 2003 521VX is faster, dryer, more stable, better cornering, better hole shot, and better built than any of the newer Rangers I have ridden or driven. The drop in inserts on the current models, cheaper seat material, and over all less solid feel was a turn off for me. When it came to buy again, I kept my old one and bought a Legend V20 instead.
    THATS IT, now we need to ask our MOD to ask Al to make another ranger forum! Pre JM Ranger board and Post JM Ranger board.

While your at it also ask for an ex-Ranger owner board.
    2008 Ranger 178VX
    150 Yamaha V-max

GO Fins!!!

20. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by headhigh View Post

misspelled--he meant guy not gay I believe
    2022 z519 cup 225 merc 4s ser # 3B210484. 2--hds12 live units. 2 poles, atlas plate, ghost, hamby's, active target, merc digital gauges
    2002 basscat pantera 3 (dad bought new) sold 8-2-22
    2000 stratos 20 ss (bought new) 200 hp Rude ficht great boat/motor sold 11-21
    pulled by a 2500HD Denali
    proud dad of an ARMY Captain
    MAGA
    ASE/GM Master tech before tools

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast