Thread: AT 1 or AT 2 ?

AT 1 or AT 2 ?

I been running AT 1 for some time now on a HDS live unit. With AT 2 on sale this month is it worth upgrading to AT 2 to run on HDS live unit NOT on the HDS live pro?

2. Member
    The range and image is greatly improved on the AT2. So if you want that then good time to upgrade.

3. Member
    Save $350 at bass pro shop. About $1200 now.
    Seems there is another AT3 coming out is how I read it. These would not be on sale.
    I have AT1 and crappie fish. It seems to be very clear for what I do. I can see their tails wagging when the fish are moving.
    The AT1 scout mode is pretty terrible but I don't use it.

4. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Gofish2day View Post
    Save $350 at bass pro shop. About $1200 now.
    Seems there is another AT3 coming out is how I read it. These would not be on sale.
    I have AT1 and crappie fish. It seems to be very clear for what I do. I can see their tails wagging when the fish are moving.
    The AT1 scout mode is pretty terrible but I don't use it.
    Where did you read about the AT3?

5. Member
    The other possibility is, Garmin is introducing a new LS transducer in the near future. Put your graphs and AT’s on sale now, to keep people from buying the competition.

Quote Originally Posted by towboaterpete View Post
    I been running AT 1 for some time now on a HDS live unit. With AT 2 on sale this month is it worth upgrading to AT 2 to run on HDS live unit NOT on the HDS live pro?
    If you use it every day, then yeah it's worth the upgrade imo. If you only use it occasionally, it's not worth the upgrade cost. When AT2 first came out, you could recoup a decent amount of the cost by selling your AT1. But now, AT1 doesn't have much resale. Both versions have pretty bad Scout Mode, so if that is your primary use, then no don't bother upgrading to AT2. Only way to improve Scout mode is to move to LVS34 or even better LVS-62.

7. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Bass in the grass View Post
    The other possibility is, Garmin is introducing a new LS transducer in the near future. Put your graphs and AT’s on sale now, to keep people from buying the competition.
    That will never happen because as the Judge Says "Garmin will shall all FFS tech with Lowrance" For stealng Lowrances design.

8. Member
    Tks for sharing. It nows leads me to another question can AT1 and AT2 be run at same time on separate live units?

Quote Originally Posted by towboaterpete View Post
    Tks for sharing. It nows leads me to another question can AT1 and AT2 be run at same time on separate live units?
    Absolutely. There will be some interferance on the screen(s) when both are running, but it's not excessive. You'll have to pay attention to network connections as well, as depending on your setup you may need to add a NEP2 hub

10. Member
    Did not read anything about AT3 just thinking ahead based on the price reduction.

Quote Originally Posted by Bass in the grass View Post
    I upgraded to HDS Lives and AT2 last year. A couple of friends had Livescope, one of them had the latest version at the time. I could find nothing that either of their systems could do, that mine couldn’t, and that included usefulness of the image. To be fair, I have a 12” one end of the boat and a 9” on the other and they both had the cheapest display they could get because it was for Livescope only and they used their Lowrance and Humminbird for everything else.

That said, I am not a brand bigot. In fact in my aircraft I have Garmin only and believe it’s the best in that market.
    Ranger R81
    Lowrance HDS Live 9”
    Lowrance HDS Live 12”
    Active Target 2 on Seelite Pole
    Lowrance Ghost
    Mercury 175