Question Transducer loose

While installing my new batteries, I noticed my puck transducer has come loose from the inside hull. It is just laying in the bilge area. It's obvious where it came from as the epoxy and the "indention" are there from where it was. How do I glue it back? Can I just glue it back where it was? What do I use? It's a BassCat Puma, so a good bit of plumbing is back there. Really don't want to start over, meaning chisel the old epoxy out and start over.

Mine has been loose for years. 1999 Bass Cat. It still works just sitting there but you can just glue it back to the same spot. Clean it good first.

P01135809

Get a good two part epoxy, scuff the top of the old epoxy with sandpaper, it doesn't have to be perfectly flat, scuff the bottom of the transducer, mix and apply a thick batch of the epoxy to the top of the old epoxy, you want enough to fill any low spots and make a good bed for the transducer, and extend past the ducer, push the ducer down and twist 1/4 to 1/2 turn weight it down and let it cure according to instructions for the epoxy.

4. Member
    What ever method you use make sure there are no air bubbles or spaces, no matter how tiny, under it when you're through.

5. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by 11pounder View Post
    Get a good two part epoxy, scuff the top of the old epoxy with sandpaper, it doesn't have to be perfectly flat, scuff the bottom of the transducer, mix and apply a thick batch of the epoxy to the top of the old epoxy, you want enough to fill any low spots and make a good bed for the transducer, and extend past the ducer, push the ducer down and twist 1/4 to 1/2 turn weight it down and let it cure according to instructions for the epoxy.
    Exactly what I would do.
    2019 BCB Classic
    Merc V8 200 4S

6. Member
    Same thing happened on my boat. My depth and sonar reading was very spotty as a result. I used a small die grinder with a sanding disc and smoothed out the old epoxy bed. Followed it up with a good cleaning with alcohol and let dry. Then, re-epoxied the transducer back in place with a slow setting marine epoxy. Good as new.

Afterwords I saw a tip to use play-doh to make a ring around the mounting area to function as a dam for the epoxy. Seems like a good idea but I didn't try it.
    Pete | 2011 Ranger Z118 | Yamaha HPDI 150

7. Member
    On my tr20 triton i used a 2 1/2 inch electrical coupling siliconed the edges poured water in it and put the puck tranducer in it its been working for 10 or 12 years. If it goes bad i wont have to beat it out.

8. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by 11pounder View Post
    This is what I did and it worked today. Thanks a lot.

You’re welcome