Page 10 of 14 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast
  1. Member
    Wow, I must be a lucky guy, I have bought 9 new Tritons since 1998, I have a 2017 now, I have never had anything but very minor problems with any of them, my dealer always took care of them, on my current boat I am not really thrilled about how they left the carpet untrimmed right behind both seats, but I can see where it would have been difficult to install trim there, may have even looked bad with it, it is only about a 4 inch long run on each side of boat, other than that I love my 2017 21 TRX.

Quote Originally Posted by happykamper View Post
    Wow, I must be a lucky guy, I have bought 9 new Tritons since 1998, I have a 2017 now, I have never had anything but very minor problems with any of them, my dealer always took care of them, on my current boat I am not really thrilled about how they left the carpet untrimmed right behind both seats, but I can see where it would have been difficult to install trim there, may have even looked bad with it, it is only about a 4 inch long run on each side of boat, other than that I love my 2017 21 TRX.
    Lots of people posting "Maybe I'm lucky...". You are actually in the majority of Triton boat owners. Not to discredit the real problems of some of the posters in this thread, but they are in the minority. I've had three Tritons and am currently in a 2016 189TRX. So far the only complaint is the push buttons, which my dealer will replace over the winter. Not excusing Triton for letting some of these defective boats leave the plant, but this thread will give a false impression that any Triton you buy will be a floating money pit of problems.

3. Member
    I will say this, if these 10 pages of QC issues is not enough to make you think twice about buying one I would love to have some of what your smoking. I'm sure I could quit my job and sell the stuff for a great living.

4. BBC SPONSOR
    Quote Originally Posted by Todd Hendrick View Post
    I will say this, if these 10 pages of QC issues is not enough to make you think twice about buying one I would love to have some of what your smoking. I'm sure I could quit my job and sell the stuff for a great living.
    Not all 10 pages are complaints. I know I've posted several myself of just comments. I will say this it seems it has everyone's attention.

5. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Buck456 View Post
    Not all 10 pages are complaints. I know I've posted several myself of just comments. I will say this it seems it has everyone's attention.
    Everyone except Triton.

6. Member
    Don't worry...They've seen it

Everyone except Triton.

Well there are are 10 pages on this thread, and I must give credit where credit is due. It looks to me like 31 of your 49 posts are specific to Triton bashing. I know you are an unhappy customer and it appears your mission is to discredit Triton at every opportunity. Certainly your choice.

8. Member
    Can you blame me? This will be my last "Triton bash".
    Last edited by Todd Hendrick; 12-25-2016 at 05:11 AM.

9. Banned
    Found two more issues with my boat. One I know was dealer caused. They installed the electronics and I found they didn't use sealant on the screws for the transom mount transducer. So, yeah. I take the mount screws out and water pours out for several minutes. Mind you my boat has been in my heated garage and out of the water for 2 months roughly. Bilge area was bone dry, yet, water! Joy. I wonder how much soaked in to the transom. ****ing lovely. Second, when they installed the console unit, a 5" humminbird 698 unit, they cut the entire console shroud and ABS backer out. I mean all of it. The panel the unit was mounted to was barely just screwed in to the thin plastic vinyl covered shroud. Who TF does that? And there's no excuse on that since there was only a cheap lowrance elite 5x mounted there to begin with. I had to fabricate a new backer out of ABS and epoxy it in place. And because of that, and how thin the shroud is, I ripped the ****ing shroud trying to pull it away from the console so I could slide the new backer in place. Real geniuses. I can't say for sure if that was Triton's doing or the dealer, either way it made for an extremely frustrating install of a BBT mount, which still is only held in place by 3 bolts, and those are barely holding on, since there is no damn shroud left to run a bolt through.

You can see one of the screws that was holding the transducer on is rusted from end to end and water coming out of the hole. Then....then there is that hole to the left where the temp sensor was screwed in. Nothing. Not even a dab of sealant present. Nor was there any on the cable tied that were screwed in to the transom. And that other pic is what was left of the console backer on top of a new sheet of 1/4" ABS to make a new one. There wasn't much left of shroud material to epoxy it to, so, we'll see how long it lasts. If my console starts falling apart and I have to replace it due to some asshat that got over zealous with a recip saw I might just go postal.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Triton 19 XS Elite, 225 Mercury Pro XS, Minn Kota Ultrex 112, Hydrowave H2, Twin 8' Power Pole Blades, Power Pole CHARGE, Lowrance HDS 12 and 16 at console, Lowrance HDS 9, Garmin LiveScope at bow, Mercmonitor, Rigid Industries Deck lights and other stuff to come that will make me go more broke

11. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Riccochet View Post
    Found two more issues with my boat. One I know was dealer caused. They installed the electronics and I found they didn't use sealant on the screws for the transom mount transducer. So, yeah. I take the mount screws out and water pours out for several minutes. Mind you my boat has been in my heated garage and out of the water for 2 months roughly. Bilge area was bone dry, yet, water! Joy. I wonder how much soaked in to the transom. ****ing lovely. Second, when they installed the console unit, a 5" humminbird 698 unit, they cut the entire console shroud and ABS backer out. I mean all of it. The panel the unit was mounted to was barely just screwed in to the thin plastic vinyl covered shroud. Who TF does that? And there's no excuse on that since there was only a cheap lowrance elite 5x mounted there to begin with. I had to fabricate a new backer out of ABS and epoxy it in place. And because of that, and how thin the shroud is, I ripped the ****ing shroud trying to pull it away from the console so I could slide the new backer in place. Real geniuses. I can't say for sure if that was Triton's doing or the dealer, either way it made for an extremely frustrating install of a BBT mount, which still is only held in place by 3 bolts, and those are barely holding on, since there is no damn shroud left to run a bolt through.

You can see one of the screws that was holding the transducer on is rusted from end to end and water coming out of the hole. Then....then there is that hole to the left where the temp sensor was screwed in. Nothing. Not even a dab of sealant present. Nor was there any on the cable tied that were screwed in to the transom. And that other pic is what was left of the console backer on top of a new sheet of 1/4" ABS to make a new one. There wasn't much left of shroud material to epoxy it to, so, we'll see how long it lasts. If my console starts falling apart and I have to replace it due to some asshat that got over zealous with a recip saw I might just go postal.
    Your "Triton bashing" ! That is now a no no in the "Triton Quality Control" thread.

Telling the truth is "bashing"?

Should we give Triton a participation trophy and let all the issues go so their feelings don't get hurt?

13. Banned
    I just call em like I see em. I didn't do that to my boat, and I bought it new. So, either dealer or Triton. The list, for me, is equally long for both.

14. Member
    If you didn't want the shroud cut you could have specified that. Or just do like I did and delete units to mount whatever you wished the way you wished.

15. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by SleepDR View Post
    Telling the truth is "bashing"?

Should we give Triton a participation trophy and let all the issues go so their feelings don't get hurt?
    I got in trouble for it a few posts back.

16. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by leethefishking View Post
    If you didn't want the shroud cut you could have specified that. Or just do like I did and delete units to mount whatever you wished the way you wished.
    the Elite 5X was already in the console when I went to look at the boat in the showroom. Whether that was dealer or Triton installed I'm not sure. Regardless, I went from a 5" to a 5" unit in the console. There was no reason for them to cut the entire shroud and backer out.

17. Member
    If it helps yalls feelings...I bought a 2017 the last week of September and ordered a passenger console the same week and have yet to receive it. Triton said six weeks. I never figured 6 weeks but I did expect it before now.
    As far as QC I have not found anything yet but I am still checking it over. And btw Triton does have a QC team. I found a form in a rod locker that shows my boat had some issues with screws not tightened properly and a gel coat blemish. The form showed exact location of problems and I have went over them throughly and can't find any problems..so they seem to have corrected them before it left the plant.for what it's worth.

18. Mississippi River Rat Kittycat2012's Avatar
    Wow hate to see all this happening to you guys
    2023 Basscat Eyra
    Mercury pro team - Humminbird - Bobs - Power Pole - Garmin
    Hammer Rods
    The Tackle Trap

http://www.hammerrods.com/
    http://tackletrap.com/

19. Member
    On one side below the rub rail down at least a foot or so there is what looks like a gelcoat run or a spot where it was put on thicker. Wish I had a pic but its kind of hard, you have to have the boat clean and look at it from an angle. The spot is probably a couple inches wide and goes down to at least where the boat starts to curve back inwards.

I just got off of the phone with a fiberglass repair guy and he said that what I am describing is almost impossible unless it was repaired.

My question is this indicative of a repair? Anyone else have anything like this on their Triton

Thanks

20. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by llsdjv View Post
    On one side below the rub rail down at least a foot or so there is what looks like a gelcoat run or a spot where it was put on thicker. Wish I had a pic but its kind of hard, you have to have the boat clean and look at it from an angle. The spot is probably a couple inches wide and goes down to at least where the boat starts to curve back inwards.

I just got off of the phone with a fiberglass repair guy and he said that what I am describing is almost impossible unless it was repaired.

My question is this indicative of a repair? Anyone else have anything like this on their Triton

Thanks
    It was likely a repair from the factory. My Phoenix has a spot that you can tell was repaired that isn't horrible but enough to where I told them so they will fix it. I had someone tell me they don't repair boats but don't let anybody tell you that. They would surely do a small repair before they redid a whole boat.

Page 10 of 14 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast