Bass Cat Jaguar/350 Verado question

Finally committed to ordering a 2017 Jag/350 Verado. I had posted a question a few months back as to whether you can get the blinker trim with this motor. Some of you stated that you have the blinker trim. But Bass Cat states that it is not available, something to the fact it is a digital system. If anyone can clear this up I would appreciate any information. I may need two hands on the wheel !!??!!

Thanks, Bill

2. Member
    I have blinker trim and jack plate on my 17 jag with 350 verodo

Can get the Aux trim harness from Mercury and any traditional blinker will work, note some modifications to the steering bracket maybe needed
    JEFF MURRAY USMC
    RANGER Z521C & 15 VERADO PRO 250
    DEEP CREEK LURES and ROSE JIGS
    GREENFISH TACKLE and ALX RODS

4. Mercury 3L/4 Stroke/Verado Moderator EuropeanAM's Avatar
    From the FAQ Section:

VERADO BLINKER-TRIM

Dual Mercury Master Technician- for Mercury Outboards, Mercruiser and Mercury Racing at European Marine in Greenville, SC.
    Still consider myself a "Marine Apprentice" after 47 years (learn something new every day).
    Mercury Parts, Mercury Outboards, Smartcraft & Accessories, Injector Service, TDR Reeds- BBC Sponsor

5. Member
    A little off topic, but what speeds are you seeing with the 350 verado and jaguar? thinking that's going to be my next boat.

Quote Originally Posted by gonefishin1012 View Post
    A little off topic, but what speeds are you seeing with the 350 verado and jaguar? thinking that's going to be my next boat.
    I just got a jag/350 verado. I saw 81 very light with a 25 3 blade fury. Switched to a 25 4 blade fury seeing 77-78 with a real world load. 4 blade carries the boat better from 4600-5200 rpms. Hoping the engine will loosen up after 20 hours and gain a little. What a rig though even if that is as fast as she will go.

7. Member
    that's awesome! Hopefully i don't do anything stupid like trade my truck in this year and i'll be getting either a jaguar or really looking at the charger 496.

Quote Originally Posted by gonefishin1012 View Post
    that's awesome! Hopefully i don't do anything stupid like trade my truck in this year and i'll be getting either a jaguar or really looking at the charger 496.
    I ran several champions with the rest rough water performance. The Jag really does ride better than any of them including the famous 202 I had. The jag is really not over hyped and will keep a smile on your face. The 350 is sweet too. Hole shot is amazing for such a large bass boat. Keep your truck and get a Jag.

9. Member
    That's the plan. I really don't need a new truck since it's only 2 years old and should be paid for this year... But i can always use a new boat.... good to know about the ride. The lake where i live gets really rough on the weekends and it's slow going to keep the wife happy in the waves.. Need something bigger to handle the waves better, and i really want an 80+ mph boat for when i'm by myself

Quote Originally Posted by iron banks View Post
    I ran several champions with the rest rough water performance. The Jag really does ride better than any of them including the famous 202 I had. The jag is really not over hyped and will keep a smile on your face. The 350 is sweet too. Hole shot is amazing for such a large bass boat. Keep your truck and get a Jag.

10. Member
    I had a long talk with Ivan Friday evening, and he is setting mine up with a 24 Fury. He claims Verado's make most of their power in the upper end of their rpm range, so he recommended not to over pitch them. He mentioned the potential to damage the engine when it lugs with too much prop, that could potentially shorten the engine life. He claims 84.6 was his best with the 350, I didn't ask about the 400. I am certain I will have to work on my driving skills before I see 80. The digital steering will take some getting used to I suspect.

I wonder what the rev-limiter is on the 350. I think I saw 6400 as the upper rpm range.

I am really looking forward to the deck space, and rough water capabilities !!! Not that my 2011 Cougar was any slouch in these areas.

Quote Originally Posted by BassCatDoc View Post
    I had a long talk with Ivan Friday evening, and he is setting mine up with a 24 Fury. He claims Verado's make most of their power in the upper end of their rpm range, so he recommended not to over pitch them. He mentioned the potential to damage the engine when it lugs with too much prop, that could potentially shorten the engine life. He claims 84.6 was his best with the 350, I didn't ask about the 400. I am certain I will have to work on my driving skills before I see 80. The digital steering will take some getting used to I suspect.

I wonder what the rev-limiter is on the 350. I think I saw 6400 as the upper rpm range.

I am really looking forward to the deck space, and rough water capabilities !!! Not that my 2011 Cougar was any slouch in these areas.
    I am going to have to call Ivan. I am seeing just over 6400 with he 25 4 blade fury. There is no doubt that the 3 blade is a little faster. Perhaps with the 24 you can run the engine a little lower on the plate and for some reason cats don't seem to like the engine too high on the plate. I am not sure where the warning horn is as my engine was at 6450 on smart craft and no alarm. The digital throttle is just really nice. Drove my buddies hydraulic steering the other day after getting used to the verdao and I felt like I was back in the stone ages lol. Easy to get spoiled and hard to go back

Have you guys ran a Bravo? Im running a 26.5 on a Phoenix 921 with a 250. Best prop I have found without question a heavy/loaded boat.

13. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by iron banks View Post
    I am going to have to call Ivan. I am seeing just over 6400 with he 25 4 blade fury. There is no doubt that the 3 blade is a little faster. Perhaps with the 24 you can run the engine a little lower on the plate and for some reason cats don't seem to like the engine too high on the plate. I am not sure where the warning horn is as my engine was at 6450 on smart craft and no alarm. The digital throttle is just really nice. Drove my buddies hydraulic steering the other day after getting used to the verdao and I felt like I was back in the stone ages lol. Easy to get spoiled and hard to go back

It really sounds like your 25 Fury is very close with 6450. I could swear Ivan said rev limiter was 6800, but I may not have heard him correctly(hard of hearing -old age stuff). Give him a call though, he is a wealth of knowledge. He might be able to guide you on the jack plate height also, might be a little tough over the phone though. Thanks for your input !!!!!

14. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by xranger77 View Post
    Have you guys ran a Bravo? Im running a 26.5 on a Phoenix 921 with a 250. Best prop I have found without question a heavy/loaded boat.
    I
    mentioned that to Ivan, and he didn't say much about the Bravo. I do have a good friend with a 521/250 SHO, and he loves the Bravo. I have a feeling the 521 may not lift as well as the Jag. I am not a prop expert, but always heard that 3 blades have better nose lift, and 4 blades lift the rear of the boat better. Not sure, probably over simplified I suspect.

I get plenty of bow lift in the 921 with a stock Bravo. Ran on on a Charger 596 and it was the best prop for bow loft without having 700$ of work in a Tempest. Bravo was a touch slower, but carried very well and it handles like a dream

16. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by xranger77 View Post
    I get plenty of bow lift in the 921 with a stock Bravo. Ran on on a Charger 596 and it was the best prop for bow loft without having 700$ of work in a Tempest. Bravo was a touch slower, but carried very well and it handles like a dream
    Ooops, I was thinking Ranger 521, I might need to get my eyes checked.....ironic that an Optometrist is not wearing his glasses at the computer !!??!!

I have heard the Bravo thing more and more, so may have to invest in one, at least for a backup prop if doesn't pan out. Thanks for you info. I may have to ask Ivan the specific down side to the Bravo......I bet it is top speed, like you said. But if the Bravo is easier to drive, I might be willing to sacrifice a few mph's.

17. Member
    Croxton says his props are very similar to the brovo. Croxtons have thicker blades as to the brovo is notorious for throwing blades

18. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Up North Kitty View Post
    Croxton says his props are very similar to the brovo. Croxtons have thicker blades as to the brovo is notorious for throwing blades
    It is? I've seen trophy's throw blades like crazy, but I've always found stock bravos to be very thick and durable being that they were originally designed for big block stern-drives...
    David Patten
    Automotive and marine technician.

Quote Originally Posted by clayshooter100 View Post
    It is? I've seen trophy's throw blades like crazy, but I've always found stock bravos to be very thick and durable being that they were originally designed for big block stern-drives...
    That is correct. Trophy is the wild card prop of the 4 blades, not Bravo. They are made for stern drives originally. They are a tough prop from what I have seen. Croxton does have a good prop though.

20. Mercury 3L/4 Stroke/Verado Moderator EuropeanAM's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by clayshooter100 View Post
    +1

Dual Mercury Master Technician- for Mercury Outboards, Mercruiser and Mercury Racing at European Marine in Greenville, SC.
    Still consider myself a "Marine Apprentice" after 47 years (learn something new every day).
    Mercury Parts, Mercury Outboards, Smartcraft & Accessories, Injector Service, TDR Reeds- BBC Sponsor