New 2024 tracker super guide v16. 50 gp

Hello,
    Just got my new superguide, am looking at swapping out the factory Spitfire 4 blade prop for a stainless Vengeance Sport 10.5 x13 pitch.
    Looking for more topend.
    Trimmed out it only tops out at 28 mph at 6000 rpm
    and feels like it is plowing.
    Motor is set at the second hole and cavitation plate sits roughly 3/4" above bottom, prop will blow out well before any bow bounce.
    Looking for advice on similar setups.
    The factory prop is a spitfire 4 blade 10.6 x 12 pitch

2. Member
    You are going to lose about 150-250 rpms for the change in pitch. 4 blade should be beneficial to getting on plane vs. a 3 blade. Generally only a 1-2 MPH difference between two of the same pitch (4 blade better hole shot but gives up a mph or two). You might lose that couple MPH you think your going to get from a 3 blade by going up in pitch if you can't run full target 6000 rpm. My opinion here--> On a V bottom boat, you want a 4 blade prop if it's not got a bigger motor close to MAX. I would work on trying to shift more weight rearward first and see if that doesn't help. Or reducing weight in the boat. We often pack everything we might need instead of what we likely will need. The 175txw I previously owned, which is a faster, modified V hull, with a 60hp on it only maxed at 35-36mph. It was a dog getting out of the hole and plowed with the black max 3 blade and would only do about 34-35 with it. Both were 14P props. So your 28mph on a 50hp on a V hull that cuts through more than rides on top of the water isn't going to be as fast.
    2023 Targa V-19 Combo
    Mercury 200hp XS XL Four stroke
    Garmin Force TM-36v Ionic Lithium Batteries
    Best Speed to date: 51.2mph
    BEST/WORST: Storage / Compartment moisture