how to sharpen electric knife blades?

anyone have any suggestions? mine seem dull, difficult to cut thru rib bones, flesh ok, but not great. thanks ...BF

2. Member
    Buy new blades my guess..

21 XD 225 Merc

3. Member
    Yup...just get new ones,they last a long time.

4. Member
    I use the $14 black and decker one from walmart , I found replacement blades online for $13... I just buy new ones from walmart... I don't even bother trying to replace or sharpen..

https://www.walmart.com/ip/BLACK-DEC...K500W/54593704

5. Ya, I Live on Rainy Lake! basscla's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by SC Bullet View Post
    Buy new blades my guess..
    +1

I use a small roller sharpener, but hold in hand and drag through stone several times on serrated side and then one or two times on smooth side. Do this every time I use it and blades are still like new. (Sharpen both blades individually.)

I use a small roller sharpener, but hold in hand and drag through stone several times on serrated side and then one or two times on smooth side. Do this every time I use it and blades are still like new. (Sharpen both blades individually.) Knife is at least 15 yrs old. Use it on any meats.

8. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by tailchaser View Post
    I use the $14 black and decker one from walmart , I found replacement blades online for $13... I just buy new ones from walmart... I don't even bother trying to replace or sharpen..

https://www.walmart.com/ip/BLACK-DEC...K500W/54593704
    Same here.

But I have sharpened the blades before with good success using a sharpener like below, problem is that sometimes I get them too sharp which makes it tough to keep from cutting through the backbone, especially on small fish like bluegill.

9. Member
    Thanks art. I have a sharpener like that. I was thinking of holding the two blades together, with the teeth aligned and dragging the sharpener across them. I'm thinking that sharpening them individually would leave a gap between the blades, (seems like I tried that) but fella's above do it? I also use the B&D from the Wart. Filleting dem Choupique really dulls the blades. Thanks everyone...BF Gonefishing, what is a roller sharpner?
    Last edited by BIGFLAT; 06-14-2018 at 10:25 AM. Reason: ? to gone fishin

10. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by BIGFLAT View Post
    Thanks art. I have a sharpener like that. I was thinking of holding the two blades together, with the teeth aligned and dragging the sharpener across them. I'm thinking that sharpening them individually would leave a gap between the blades, (seems like I tried that) but fella's above do it? I also use the B&D from the Wart. Filleting dem Choupique really dulls the blades. Thanks everyone...BF Gonefishing, what is a roller sharpner?
    I do them individually/one at a time. I just go slowly and apply a lot of pressure so it gets down into the valleys, you go too fast and it doesn't work all that well.

Here is pic

Not having much luck sending pic

Sorry