Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Considering a Legend

I have been considering buying a Legend but little worried about the whole buy out and wondering if they are going to remain in production and parts availability. Currently in a Ranger and like my Rangers but also like the looks of the Legends. Any of you guys come from a Ranger to a Legend? Any big differences between the two?

2. Member
    Came from 521c to v20 was worried about the size difference but the v20 fish big and rides better in the chop
    the v20 is one bad machine

3. Member
    Fished out of Ranger 471 for almost 20yrs does that count? Lol
    H

4. Banned
    **double post**
    Last edited by Legend LE-195; 05-07-2018 at 11:30 PM.

5. Banned
    Might want to read post #8 here http://www.bbcboards.net/showthread.php?t=899286 New replacement parts for the Alpha models have already become hard to find.

You will get all kinds of opinions here. Good and bad. Ultimately if you are going to make a decision based on what some ppl on a forum tell you then you may end up disappointed. Best advice weather you're buying a car or boat... TRY IT!!!
    You'll be impressed with both the Alpha 211 or V20.
    @captainmorganlegend

7. Member
    I just bought my Alpha 211 and honestly the company issues were of concern..
    but at the end of the day most of the parts inside any boat are not made by the manufacturer
    electronics are going to come from somewhere else, switch panels, etc..
    plumbing most boats are going to use the same types of pumps and valves if not all the actual same parts..
    motors, if you have merc or yammy those manufacturers are going to be who you will deal with if any issues not legend boats

8. Born on th Llano Estacado Tx Champ's Avatar
    I wouldn't let any of the posts on here stop me from buying one if that's what I wanted. Whether they shelve the company or not, White River will still be on the hook for any warranty issues, lifetime or otherwise. Worst case, you'll be like me and the other Champion owners looking for proprietary plastic pieces, if there are any plastic pieces, that become no longer available. But there is always an alternative. Other than that, everything else is third party and available in the market place.

If I was in the market for a new boat, Legend would be on the short list.

9. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Tx Champ View Post
    I wouldn't let any of the posts on here stop me from buying one if that's what I wanted. Whether they shelve the company or not, White River will still be on the hook for any warranty issues, lifetime or otherwise. Worst case, you'll be like me and the other Champion owners looking for proprietary plastic pieces, if there are any plastic pieces, that become no longer available. But there is always an alternative. Other than that, everything else is third party and available in the market place.

If I was in the market for a new boat, Legend would be on the short list.
    Lol I have already replaced a couple of panels with Carbon Fiber where there were switches and things added that I did want to keep

10. Born on th Llano Estacado Tx Champ's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by b00stin4 View Post
    Lol I have already replaced a couple of panels with Carbon Fiber where there were switches and things added that I did want to keep
    I'm about to source a replacement for a plastic dash panel on mine. Damn sure ain't very durable ...

11. Banned
    Where did you get a carbon fibre panel made?

12. Member
    Have a Ranger 521 and got a Legend V20 instead of a new Ranger. Absolutely loved the V20. Better build quality and design than any other boat I have been in. Only 3 drawbacks which you may or may not notice depending on how and when you drive it. One, it can be a wet ride in rough stuff if you don't get on top of the waves or hold the bow high. Two, it has a heavy rear end and there is no splash well in the back so if you have 4 lead/agm batteries and power poles you need to feather it when pulling up to stop or will get swamped in back. Three the balance point in the middle is a little different than a ranger, so it leans and shifts a little more when you have 2 people. Better to have both folks on front deck or stand closer to center.

13. Member
    Agree with comment above except for any rocking back an forth. Not noticed that with mine.

14. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by waco oso View Post
    Where did you get a carbon fibre panel made?
    I do a bunch of fabrication for drag cars
    So I just used some material that I have here for drag wings and other Aero parts lol
    Attached Images Attached Images

15. Banned
    I do a bunch of fabrication for drag cars
    So I just used some material that I have here for drag wings and other Aero parts lol
    Very nice, my faux carbon ones are all busted up, the stock ones are really just plastic and didn't last very long.

16. Member
    Prepare to be left out in the cold. Where you going to get parts and service when they close? Hope JM stands behind the warranty better then previous owner. Bunch are f monkeys running the show before JM bought it.
    Last edited by FISHINGFORFIVE; 05-27-2018 at 09:04 PM.

17. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by FISHINGFORFIVE View Post
    Prepare to be left out in the cold. Where you going to get parts and service when they close? Hope JM stands behind the warranty better then previous owner. Bunch are f monkeys running the show before JM bought it.

What year and model did you buy?

18. Member
    If your looking for carbon fiber plates go on line at dragon plates .com .

19. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by skennedy View Post
    If your looking for carbon fiber plates go on line at dragon plates .com .

20. Member
    I just bought my Alpha 211 and honestly the company issues were of concern..
    but at the end of the day most of the parts inside any boat are not made by the manufacturer
    electronics are going to come from somewhere else, switch panels, etc..
    plumbing most boats are going to use the same types of pumps and valves if not all the actual same parts..
    motors, if you have merc or yammy those manufacturers are going to be who you will deal with if any issues not legend boats
    i agree ,really dont care if they stop building them.
    op
    I came out of a 06 519 ranger and got a 08 199 alpha.
    the 199 rides way better than the 519 did in the 2-3 ft chop. but i miss the wide deck and storage the ranger had.
    the ez loader trailer is built better than the ranger trailer was.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast