Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Question Legend v21 preformance review

Does anyone out their own one that can shed some light on everything? I want to buy one but kinda scared because i cant find much about them.

2. Legend Boats Moderator
    Mid to upper 60's with a 250. It's a big boat with tons of storage and a lot of deck space. My uncle has one with a 300 verado pro and it is a very nice boat.

They will take 58k for this one....

https://www.theboatlocker.com/invent...37076-1945273i

4. Member
    2015 Legend V20 w/ 250 Merc pro xs 24P Fury prop. Comes out of the hole very well. 72mph empty, 68-69mph loaded. Best fit and finish around. Storage is excellent. Huge front deck. Handles big water very well and feels safe and stable but hits big waves kinda hard. I have not ridden in a V21 but from what I have been told it is very similar except for some added weight that will slow it down a bit. Honestly the V20 is so big I don't see a good reason to go to the V21. Just my opinion and what I've come across. V20 is a sick boat. Hope this helps.

5. Member
    Thanks for the replies.

6. Member
    Bassmasterffej how do you know they will take 58 for that boat?

7. Member
    I run a champ 210 elite does
    anybody no the difference with handling big water?

8. Member
    I love my v21 with G2 250.

I have 3 props to test out once the ice melts here.

Thus far it drives at 68mph with. 22p raker HO. It runs like silk in ruff water at this speed. The prop is much too small. I expect 72 will be the max speed with the right prop, but that just an estimate.

I'll post results when I have them.

Call them and ask about it

I think they have lowered the price to 56k...

11. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Chris1978 View Post
    I love my v21 with G2 250.

I have 3 props to test out once the ice melts here.

Thus far it drives at 68mph with. 22p raker HO. It runs like silk in ruff water at this speed. The prop is much too small. I expect 72 will be the max speed with the right prop, but that just an estimate.

I'll post results when I have them.
    You're killing me here......run the boat, swap props and............run the boat!!!

Looking forward to hearing what your top speed will finally be. I think you made the right choice going with the G2 on the V21. That G2 produces the best torque right now than any other engine manufactures.

12. Member
    '16 V21, 250 Pro XS, 68 MPH loaded solo, it stays at Toledo Bend, very stable fishing, fit and finish is 100%. Only complaint is it's a wet ride with cross winds and rough water

13. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by SMChamp View Post
    You're killing me here......run the boat, swap props and............run the boat!!!

Looking forward to hearing what your top speed will finally be. I think you made the right choice going with the G2 on the V21. That G2 produces the best torque right now than any other engine manufactures.
    If only it was that simple. I’d have to cut away the ice on the lake first. Lol

14. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by oiltech09 View Post
    '16 V21, 250 Pro XS, 68 MPH loaded solo, it stays at Toledo Bend, very stable fishing, fit and finish is 100%. Only complaint is it's a wet ride with cross winds and rough water
    As a solo, I would be more than satisfied with that top speed loaded. Good number imho..............

Thanks for sharing.

15. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Chris1978 View Post
    If only it was that simple. I’d have to cut away the ice on the lake first. Lol
    I think that's an acceptable excuse, for now anyways

16. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by oiltech09 View Post
    I'm afraid to tell you but with a cross wind and rough water all bass boats are wet!
    2016 Legend V20 DC
    Mercury 250 Pro XS
    SN #2B124385 Model #1251P73BD.
    12" Bobs hydraulic JP
    68 gps, tourney loaded, full gear, full tank.
    Croxton worked 3 blade 24P fury, 0 plugs.
    Seastar Teleflex Pro Hydraulic steering.
    (2) BT 10' white Talons.
    Merc monitor.
    MK Ultrex 112lb 36v TM.
    Dual Lowrance HDS 9 touch gen3 at console.
    Single Lowrance HDS 12 touch gen3 at bow.
    LSS2 transducer

Quote Originally Posted by put1in View Post
    I'm afraid to tell you but with a cross wind and rough water all bass boats are wet!
    Some are wetter than others! I have a Cobra 201 very similar in style as the LE and Alpha, brother has a Triton. Much easier to stay dry in the Triton, but not impossible in the Cobra. You definately have to drive it more aggressively while making turns in rough water, slow down and let a wave hit that flat side of the boat and you will get wet! Stay in it and make the turn and then come off pad, you will stay pretty dry. Tritons and Skeeters have somewhat rounded sides and the waves don't cause as much spray as they do hitting a flat surface.

18. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by put1in View Post
    Respectfully disagree, I own and have owned Triton, several Bullets and tin hulls. This V21 is the wettest ride I have ever owned.

19. Member
    I agree the ride can get wet. I have learned to drive it better with time. If you can carry a little bit more speed, and a bit of positive trim, it rides much drier. I ran Basscat for 15 years, and dryness was a characteristic of the hulls.. That said they, and Bullet, and Triton (earlier models), don't carry a lot of beam forward.. In that, with the bow up, with lift, the water deflects much further back of the hull. Very seldom did I see spray while running forward of the consoles on my BCB. The massive beam forward design of the V20/21 deflects water forward of the consoles, unless you trim too high and start and sacrifice ride quality. It's always a trade off.. I do prefer, hands down the giant front deck, and fish-ability vs the BCB's I ran previously.. They too were fine rigs, but it was tough fishing 2 on the front with out bumping elbows.. Never run out of space with the V20..

20. Member
    I wonder if using a Bailey foil might let you trim out a hair more to improve ride to make drier.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast