Best Mountain Home boat manufacturing tour?

Going to Mountain Home to visit my mother in March. I’m usually there over a holiday so the plants aren’t open. This time I will have time to visit one, just wondering which one is the best bang for the buck. I’m a Skeeter owner so I have no preference on brand. Also not really wanting to shoot a whole day maybe just 4 hours or so. Thanks

2. SC Club Moderator ChampioNman's Avatar
    Bass Cat would be my choice. If you've never been in a boat plant, you'll never forget the smell of the resin. You may need to call ahead.

3. Member
    I would visit Bass Cat as well. They will take their time with you, and make sure to answer any questions you have about the manufacturing process. It is a cool place to visit.

Another option may be Triton Boats. I heard they bought the Legend plant which is about a mile from BassCat in Midway AR.

I try to drive as if my 16 year old Grandson is following me
    Speak as if he is listening and act as if he is watching

5. Moderator Vexus Boats sclark's Avatar
    Choices are. In alphabetical order
    these all are within a 20 minute drive of each other
    hope you enjoy yourself .

Bass Cat
    Ranger
    Triton
    Vexus

6. Member
    Ranger..

7. Member
    I'm not being a BassCat fan boy, but from a pure educational side of things I would want to visit BassCat. The videos Rick Pierce and BassCat has posted on their site give you a step by step look at the boat building process. I would want to see it in person. But the other nearby companies make great boats too so any tour would be cool. Post some pics and comments when you tour, it would be cool to see and hear about your experience.
    Brad Krone

8. Member
    Visited Mountain Home last spring and walked through Ranger and Vexus. Started at 8 and was leaving town by probably 2 after very good tours at both. Would be interested in BassCat tour, sadly I had tunnel vision and didn’t know they were right there at the time.....
    2019 Ford F-150 Platinum (3.5EcoBoost/10spd)
    **Listed FOR SALE**2014 Ranger Z119C w/ Evinrude ETEC 225HO Running Croxton’s Razor 4XL 25P
    Helix 12 Mega G2N’s with Ultrex
    Think like a fish, no matter how weird it gets

9. Member
    Do them all. All great folks in that area.

10. Member
    I went through the Bass Cat plant tour last year before I received my Lynx. It was an educational experience from all levels. From making the wiring to vaccum sealing the hull it was well worth the experience. Got the chance to meet Rick Pierce and the man is a class act. He answered all my questions and was willing to just shoot the breeze. I was humbled. Bass Cat all the way.

11. Member
    I've done the Ranger tour. Very rough job and not glamorous at all to turn out such pieces of art.
    Everyone likes sausage but they don't want to see how it's made. The smell will hit you the moment you step foot in the door. You'll never forget it.
    Joey Aderhold

12. Member
    basscat!!!!!
    2022 z519 cup 225 merc 4s ser # 3B210484. 2--hds12 live units. 2 poles, atlas plate, ghost, hamby's, active target, merc digital gauges
    2002 basscat pantera 3 (dad bought new) sold 8-2-22
    2000 stratos 20 ss (bought new) 200 hp Rude ficht great boat/motor sold 11-21
    pulled by a 2500HD Denali
    proud dad of an ARMY Captain
    MAGA
    ASE/GM Master tech before tools

A tour will help you understand the high boat prices. I remember thinking I wouldn't last a week working here. Boat building is a very hands on laborious process, in a hot fiberglass dust smelly environment.

Quote Originally Posted by jaderhold View Post
    I've done the Ranger tour. Very rough job and not glamorous at all to turn out such pieces of art.
    Everyone likes sausage but they don't want to see how it's made. The smell will hit you the moment you step foot in the door. You'll never forget it.