Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    We have ponds, but many are very good! Go north or west and some really good fishing lakes.

2. Indiana Bass Club Moderator billius's Avatar
    There certainly are no lakes in Indiana that can rival lakes in the south or in Minnesota, Michigan or Wisconsin. However we do have some decent lakes, most of them are in the northern part of the state. Lake Wawasee is very good most years. Lake Monroe in the southern part of the state will, at times, produce some nice fish as well. Patoka Lake, also in the southern part of Indiana, used to be extremely good. A few years ago, I would have listed it as the best in the state. Lately, its been very poor as a general rule. Still some decent fish caught there though.
    Bill Gard
    Richmond, Indiana
    2015 BassCat Caracal/225ProXs
    TEAM SHERM'S MARINE
    Of course I talk to myself...sometimes I need expert advice.

3. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by 188Musky View Post
    If we are realistic, there is no possible way to correctly answer the question for Wisconsin. Or Minnesota, or Michigan, for that matter.
    Probably throw Maine in that list too. So many ponds and lakes that'll produce. Won't necessarily catch many for the record books but they'll chew up a bag of senkos

4. Member
    Kentucky: For smallmouth, it’s a toss up between Cumberland and Dale Hollow, but I’ll go Cumberland since it’s entirely within the state. For largemouth, it’s probably Green River Lake. Some will argue that Kentucky Lake is still #1 in the state, but it’s on a down cycle for several different reasons.

5. Member
    The usual spots: Lake Ontario and the bays, 1000 islands, Champlain, Oneida, Cayuga and the rest of the finger lakes, Chautauqua etc. my fav spots though are the small lakes that most don’t realize are a hidden gem because they are too occupied with the big name lakes.. a few lakes in the Adirondacks it’s easy to get 30-40fish a day during August. Some you have to carry a canoe or Jon boat a mile back off the dirt roads to get to.
    1995 Ranger 481v
    1995 Johnson Fast Strike 175hp

Definitely depends on what year you ask about in Texas...Currently I’d have to go with Rayburn, for a lake that takes the pressure that Rayburn does and still put out the fish, it’s nothing short of incredible. Nothing in my in my mind will ever top Falcon in its prime.

7. Member
    Without a doubt candlewood lake.

8. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by dabassking View Post
    Kentucky: For smallmouth, it’s a toss up between Cumberland and Dale Hollow, but I’ll go Cumberland since it’s entirely within the state. For largemouth, it’s probably Green River Lake. Some will argue that Kentucky Lake is still #1 in the state, but it’s on a down cycle for several different reasons.

I live by Green and would probably put it 3rd behind Cumberland and Dale just because the winter fishing is so good on those 2. When Green is good its really good but can humble you and the amount of pressure on that tiny lake is insane. I wouldnt put KY/Barkley in the top 3 anymore and thats really sad
    They aint got hands, set the hook

Guntersville will probably get the nod from everybody here, but much like Texas we are blessed with many great fisheries, really depends on what you're looking for, spots, brown fish or green ones, and how you like to fish, got some great under-rated junk fishing lakes that are a blast
    Putting a clown in the castle doesn't make him a king, it turns the castle into a circus

Arguably, for numbers, size, and popularity....Potholes Reservoir. Inexplicably not included in Lakemaster cards.

11. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by 188Musky View Post
    If we are realistic, there is no possible way to correctly answer the question for Wisconsin. Or Minnesota, or Michigan, for that matter.
    But for Wisconsin, the Mighty Mississippi and Big lake Mishigami would have to be the top 2 on most lists, except the jet boat crowd I'm sure they'd say the Wisconsin river..
    Cheese County Bass Club

Quote Originally Posted by Fishin is life View Post
    I live by Green and would probably put it 3rd behind Cumberland and Dale just because the winter fishing is so good on those 2. When Green is good its really good but can humble you and the amount of pressure on that tiny lake is insane. I wouldnt put KY/Barkley in the top 3 anymore and thats really sad
    Hell I would rather fish Nolin then Ky at this point. Hopefully it changes.
    Jason
    2015 Phoenix 919 225 ProXs

13. BBC SPONSOR/ Shallow Water Anchors Moderator
    NY... so many good ones..if I had to pick just one. I guess id have to say Cayuga. Chance for a 6 pound fish there is just as good be it a smallie or a largie. Why choose it over Champlain or St. Lawrence.

14. Member
    Sam Rayburn & Toledobend

15. Member
    For me the Lake Of The Ozarks. I am sure alot would say Table Rock, however I cannot say that just because I do not make it to Table Rock very often. I think the last time I was on Table Rock was 5 years ago.

16. Member
    Lake Eufaula
    2007 Bass Cat Puma
    2007 Mercury Pro XS 250

17. Member
    Clear lake and cal delta for me

Quote Originally Posted by bkeenom View Post
    For Oklahoma I would say Okemah and Prague for smaller lakes. Can't argue with Texoma. Okemah is full of 4 and 5 pound fish. Prague is full of 6 - 8 pound fish. Here is a 36 pound sack from a couple of weeks ago.
    Attachment 391714
    Attachment 391715
    Is that the best you can do? Never been there. Looks like I need to check it out. Awesome
    There’s no use being stupid if you’re not willing to show it off.

19. Dogfish_Jones
    Guntersville for the best chance for the big ones. It’s not my favorite one to fish, that would either be my home Lake Logan Martin or Lay Lake. Luckily we have plenty to choose from.

20. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by basscat21 View Post
    We have ponds, but many are very good! Go north or west and some really good fishing lakes.

What about Mashpee ? Always heard good things about that place. Didn't someone weigh in a bag over 30 in a state BASS tournament there one year?

Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast