Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
  1. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Bronzefly View Post
    Understood, it happens!

The Jerk Bait Special is going to be your best bet. It has a fast action and enough back bone for some lighter single hook applications.
    How does it compare to the Orochi XX version and the Destroyer oneten special?
    If it helps, I’m not much of a jerkbait guy but I do want to get into it more.
    I’ve been using my Otomat for jerkbaits and it works well for me so keep that in mind.

Quote Originally Posted by datbasstho View Post
    How does it compare to the Orochi XX version and the Destroyer oneten special?
    If it helps, I’m not much of a jerkbait guy but I do want to get into it more.
    I’ve been using my Otomat for jerkbaits and it works well for me so keep that in mind.
    All three US models are cut from the same cloth so to speak. They all have shorter handles and actions more akin to "US Style Jerkbaiting" where a longer, faster action rod is often employed. Each increase from Levante to Destroyer buys better components, materials, etc. Each of the three are very nice rods at their respective price points, though the 2017 US Destroyer line has been discontinued. We won't see a new US Destroyer line until summer 2021 it appears.

If you like the Otomat, though longer, it has a more parabolic action more similar to the "Japan Style Jerkbaiting" where they often use shorter, more parabolic rods like the XXX OneTen Stick or my current favorite, the Destroyer P5 OneTen Stick

3. Member
    I just received my first Levante Rod today. Extremely nice rod! Thank you for the great service. I will buy more. Thanks, Allen

4. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Bronzefly View Post
    All three US models are cut from the same cloth so to speak. They all have shorter handles and actions more akin to "US Style Jerkbaiting" where a longer, faster action rod is often employed. Each increase from Levante to Destroyer buys better components, materials, etc. Each of the three are very nice rods at their respective price points, though the 2017 US Destroyer line has been discontinued. We won't see a new US Destroyer line until summer 2021 it appears.

If you like the Otomat, though longer, it has a more parabolic action more similar to the "Japan Style Jerkbaiting" where they often use shorter, more parabolic rods like the XXX OneTen Stick or my current favorite, the Destroyer P5 OneTen Stick
    Amazing info as usual Bronzefly!

thank you!

5. Member
    just ordered one, nice looking rods

Thanks guys - ALL MODELS are officially on pre-order now as all our early stock rods have been sold and shipped.

ANY AND ALL orders placed from now until late January when inventory arrives will ship upon their arrival.

Looking for feedback on the shakyhead special and how they stack up in terms of Levante vs Orochi XX?

8. Banned
    Curious on ship dates? I'm very anxious
    Last edited by Tom in Stl; 01-26-2021 at 08:05 PM.

9. Member
    Which of these new Levante's can be used for a small to medium crankbait rod? As in DT4's, DT6's and 1.5's? I'm a short guy so it can't be to long. Maybe a 6'6" up to a 6'10".
    Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by jay74 View Post
    Which of these new Levante's can be used for a small to medium crankbait rod? As in DT4's, DT6's and 1.5's? I'm a short guy so it can't be to long. Maybe a 6'6" up to a 6'10".
    Thanks!
    The shortest rod in the Levante series is 6'11" - the Jerk Bait Special. It will handle those baits just fine, but I'd prefer the 7' Flat Side Special for them due to its longer handle primarily.

Quote Originally Posted by Tom in Stl View Post
    Curious on ship dates? I'm very anxious
    We are getting close... this thread will be updated as will the social media pages.

Quote Originally Posted by NathanDLTH View Post
    Looking for feedback on the shakyhead special and how they stack up in terms of Levante vs Orochi XX?
    The XX are $100 more, won't be available until early summer at best, but are an upgrade in terms of components. They are similar in action and power however. I have the Levante Shaky Head and it has been a very good rod. I've thrown a lot more jerk baits with it than SH this winter, but it is obviously a very good SH rod and is very versatile with lighter stuff.

1/29/21 UPDATE -

Due to a slight delay in customs clearance, we've been informed that EARLY FEBRUARY is now the target shipment date on new Levante...

2/10/21 UPDATE! The new Levante rods are due in on Thursday 2/11 and orders will begin shipping. All pre-orders will be fulfilled first and all orders will ship by Friday 2/12. What we have in stock after all pre-orders ship is all we will have for a while, so if you want to try one or more of these and haven't placed your order, PLEASE do so ASAP. We've never experienced these kinds of challenges in getting rods from our vendors, so please take advantage of getting in orders while you can. There are already extended wait times to get many other rods that are normally in stock, it's just something new we have to deal with!

13. Member
    Ordered an Enforcer and Diablo Spec R yesterday. Pretty Pumped!

Quote Originally Posted by Birdman2136 View Post
    Ordered an Enforcer and Diablo Spec R yesterday. Pretty Pumped!
    Thank you! All are in stock and shipping now except for Whipsnake, which will be back in stock next week. JERK BAIT has sold out and is on PRE-ORDER for the next production run due in mid to late April! Some of these models will be gone for quite a while when they sell out this time!
    Last edited by Bronzefly; 02-14-2021 at 11:10 AM.

15. Banned
    Got my tracking numbers! Thanks!

16. Member
    Just ordered x2 Jerkbait Special and x1 Braillist! Can't wait!

17. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by LoganSTL View Post
    Just ordered x2 Jerkbait Special and x1 Braillist! Can't wait!
    Do I know you?

18. Member
    i have a new Levante rod ordered about a month ago,are you sending tracking numbers are they just going out,no big deal if no number i am sure you been busy getting them out,very nice looking rods thanks

Quote Originally Posted by buster502 View Post
    i have a new Levante rod ordered about a month ago,are you sending tracking numbers are they just going out,no big deal if no number i am sure you been busy getting them out,very nice looking rods thanks
    Tracking numbers can be found in your account when you log in. All the pre-ordered rods have shipped out and the tracking information added to all customers accounts on the website. Thank you!

3/19 update... in stock and shipping several models.

A nice restock of XXX rods just showed up and so did some unexpected P5's... check the site!

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast