Thread: Parler

Parler

Does anyone here use the Parler app, and if so, are you able to access it? I’ve been seeing “network error” for a week or two but haven’t heard of a service disruption.

2. Member
    worked fine for me just now?
    2022 z519 cup 225 merc 4s ser # 3B210484. 2--hds12 live units. 2 poles, atlas plate, ghost, hamby's, active target, merc digital gauges
    2002 basscat pantera 3 (dad bought new) sold 8-2-22
    2000 stratos 20 ss (bought new) 200 hp Rude ficht great boat/motor sold 11-21
    pulled by a 2500HD Denali
    proud dad of an ARMY Captain
    MAGA
    ASE/GM Master tech before tools

3. Member
    Thanks for the reply. This is really weird now. I deleted the parler app and tried to reinstall it. It is no longer in the App Store to download.

4. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by JK-fishchaser View Post
    Thanks for the reply. This is really weird now. I deleted the parler app and tried to reinstall it. It is no longer in the App Store to download.
    It's been banned for a while now.
    I come from the land of the ice and snow.
    YouTube: PunchFishing

5. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by punch View Post
    It's been banned for a while now.
    The railroad runs through the middle of the house:

6. Member
    Yep big tech is trying to silence folks and control what the sheep know.

7. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Transom View Post
    I do not understand when folks from all sides get all worked up about this stuff. It is not a right to be able to use it - they are publicly traded companies and can run their business like they want. I know people believe everything they read on those sites which is a problem. Just don't use the stupid things - my life is so much nicer now that I quit using Facebook and twitter - they provide zero value to my existence. I do find it interesting that the party of small government wants more government regulation on a US business. I am not starting a political discussion - I am not aligned with either party as it makes it easier to talk smack about both :). It is one area where I think both sides of the aisle want to do something to address it...sometimes politics makes strange bedfellows.

8. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by footballfetch View Post
    I do not understand when folks from all sides get all worked up about this stuff. It is not a right to be able to use it - they are publicly traded companies and can run their business like they want. I know people believe everything they read on those sites which is a problem. Just don't use the stupid things - my life is so much nicer now that I quit using Facebook and twitter - they provide zero value to my existence. I do find it interesting that the party of small government wants more government regulation on a US business. I am not starting a political discussion - I am not aligned with either party as it makes it easier to talk smack about both :). It is one area where I think both sides of the aisle want to do something to address it...sometimes politics makes strange bedfellows.
    The problem is only one side is getting censored. Which in turns makes it a marketing tool for the other side and that gets iffy with elections and campaign laws. The government can now use this as their tool to do things they normally can't do under law. They also get protection from lawsuits for being classified as a publisher, but as a publisher you should not be censoring information just cause you don't agree with it or don't like it. They can't have it both ways. IMO they can ban whoever they want but be truthful about the ban.

When parler got back on line they had to bow to some rules for censorship to be apple to get back on apple store. its not the same original parler. I don't use any, never have, don't think I ever will.

9. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by footballfetch View Post
    Parler was banned from the app store for breaking their platforms written policy on promoting violence. They didn't adequately remove posts/content that was in violation of the apple app store policy that EVERY APP has to agree to uphold. It's very black and white.

https://www.businessinsider.com/appl...0a%20statement.

"big tech is trying to silence folks"... alrighty then.
    I come from the land of the ice and snow.
    YouTube: PunchFishing

10. Banned
    Parler was banned from the app store for breaking their platforms written policy on promoting violence. They didn't adequately remove posts/content that was in violation of the apple app store policy that EVERY APP has to agree to uphold. It's very black and white.

if you say so

11. Member

So when Maxine Waters and others of her ilk advocated for violence and it was splashed all over FB, why didn't Apple remove FB's app from their store?

12. Member

Come on man, you know that's not why!

13. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Transom View Post
    Parler itself censors what people can post.