Page 7 of 12 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast
  1. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by jc1234 View Post
    There has been several topics about the Colts mentioned in this thread. Not that my opinion means anything, but here is my thoughts.
    As far as the Colts sneaking out of Baltimore in the middle of the night, nobody ever mentions that the city was threatening to start the eminent domain process to steal the team from Robert Irsay.

While Bill Polian built the team that won the Super Bowl, his ego destroyed the team he built. The year that the Colts "sucked for Luck" wasn't strictly the QB's fault. Irsay had no choice but to fire Bill and Chris.

While I have no proof for this next statement, I truly feel its a real possibility. When Peyton was ready to return he saw how bad the Colts were and wanted no part of it. The Manning family is well known for their behind the scenes maneuvers. I believe they forced the Colts to release Peyton.

As far as the Luck bashing on here, consider the source.

I finish by wishing Andrew good health. I really enjoyed his time here in Indy.

As for the fans booing, consider how the fans found out. Not from a formal announcement, but from social media while watching the game. This is not the proper way to handle things.
    The suck for luck campaign was a thing before PFM was released. I doubt Luck is done, but honestly he should be. Typical running qb. When the play falls apart he lost his mind and decided to “tuck” and run. He should have realized or been told the nfl isn’t sandlot football, better yet he should have had a coach or mentor try and develop his skills to make it in nfl.

2. Banned
    Just read where the Colts let Luck keep 24.8 million in bonus money when he retired. Got a feeling this story isn't over yet.

Quote Originally Posted by west texas luke View Post
    Just read where the Colts let Luck keep 24.8 million in bonus money when he retired. Got a feeling this story isn't over yet.
    Yep, after a year off he may get the urge to go out and play again.

4. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark Perry View Post
    Cowboys when the lost Romo and Dak came in to lead them to a 13-3 record.
    Thats a full season. Thats not called losing a QB as much as it is moving on. Jerry was the one running his mouth that year about Romo coming back that season. Im sure it was well known his chances of ever playing again were more 50/50 than just being a matter of time. it was Dak's time from week 1 of that season.

Quote Originally Posted by grandbassslayer View Post
    trent green went down with the rams, and the backup won a superbowl.
    Youre right. Trent Green (not in HOF) went down and Hall of Famer Kurt Warner replaced him. Ill give that one to you.

5. Banned
    I put the vast majority of the blame on the most useless GM in the history of the NFL, Ryan Grigson.. he didn't do s*it to put an offensive line around Luck to provide him with any protection..

Will be interesting to see what Ballard decides to do. Stick with Jacoby, hope for the best or go out to find someone.

6. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by bradjames12 View Post
    I put the vast majority of the blame on the most useless GM in the history of the NFL, Ryan Grigson.. he didn't do s*it to put an offensive line around Luck to provide him with any protection..

Will be interesting to see what Ballard decides to do. Stick with Jacoby, hope for the best or go out to find someone.
    You almost have to stick with what you have and hope you can draft a stud next season. Anyone worth being a long term franchise QB1 has a job already.

7. Banned
    You almost have to stick with what you have and hope you can draft a stud next season. Anyone worth being a long term franchise QB1 has a job already.
    Yea at this stage of the season have to stick with Jacoby and hope he takes care of the ball coupled with a good running game and defense getting better...

And then hope Ballard pulls off some magic and drafts.. Herbert from Oregon?

8. Banned
    Yea at this stage of the season have to stick with Jacoby and hope he takes care of the ball coupled with a good running game and defense getting better...

And then hope Ballard pulls off some magic and drafts.. Herbert from Oregon?
    Yead I would be the worst guy ever to draft a QB. I was upset when the Chiefs drafted Mahomes, so you can see how bad I am lol.

9. Member

I agree on the o-line. John Madden said you build your team around the offensive line and your two corner backs.

Yead I would be the worst guy ever to draft a QB. I was upset when the Chiefs drafted Mahomes, so you can see how bad I am lol.

Look at how many passed up Brady back in the day. Tons of great QBs that we as fans never see coming till they are in the league. Lots of Cinderella stories. Remember Brees was too short etc.

11. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark Perry View Post
    Look at how many passed up Brady back in the day. Tons of great QBs that we as fans never see coming till they are in the league. Lots of Cinderella stories. Remember Brees was too short etc.
    I know, meanwhile I'd draft a Mike Mamula or whatever his name was.

This might have been one of the people boo’ing

fisto fallout 3

I know, meanwhile I'd draft a Mike Mamula or whatever his name was.

Heck it happened back to back in Dallas and while neither has delivered a championship yet no one saw Romo coming and he was a pretty decent QB. Same with Dak, not the best in the league but the guy is a winner and plays his butt off. He has already done some things win wise many QBs will never accomplish. Not bad for a 4th round pick. I probably would have passed on both of them had I been a GM.....

14. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by JerryT View Post
    This might have been one of the people boo’ing

fisto fallout 3
    Those arent even good odds! LOL needs to be better than 10-1 to make that bet...by a good bit!

I can't believe no one has posted Andrew Luck's greatest NFL achievement.

16. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by 188Musky View Post
    I can't believe no one has posted Andrew Luck's greatest NFL achievement.
    I can't believe no one has posted this one making the rounds in FB:

In a shocking development, Andrew Luck signs with Geico.

69161642_10156142879086750_7779859556170989568_n.jpg

They keep coming up with banners to hang

[url=https://postimages.org/]

19. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by JerryT View Post
    They keep coming up with banners to hang

Did he ever have any BIG wins period? I honestly cant recall him ever having a Huge game, or a big come from behind type win when he put a team on his back.

IMO his career was just mediocre to average at best.

I commend him on retiring and protecting his health for his future.

20. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by west texas luke View Post
    But he could have just milked the injury and ended up on the IR list and been paid his salary as well as the bonus. I think this deal the Colts were happy to let him keep his bonus to eliminate further financial responsibilities and now they are aware they no longer have a "franchise" QB instead of maybe a year later.

Page 7 of 12 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast