Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456
    Quote Originally Posted by nsfr1206 View Post
    I need some help with the wiring on the recommended forward and reverse relay module...
    Sent you a PM

I try to drive as if my 16 year old Grandson is following me
    Speak as if he is listening and act as if he is watching

2. Member
    I need some electrical help. I ended up putting my transducer on a trolling motor shaft that I removed all the motor and wiring from. Worked fairly good but turn rate was a little fast. I bought a variable speed board and installed in line with the power going to the turning motor. Works great turning one direction but more it won't turn the other direction at all. Should i have bought a different kind of controller board? Thanks in advance.

Quote Originally Posted by Bluewater2350 View Post
    I need some electrical help. I ended up putting my transducer on a trolling motor shaft that I removed all the motor and wiring from. Worked fairly good but turn rate was a little fast. I bought a variable speed board and installed in line with the power going to the turning motor. Works great turning one direction but more it won't turn the other direction at all. Should i have bought a different kind of controller board? Thanks in advance.
    Replied to your PM.

4. Member
    Hello sir, I am about to attempt this build but I have a Terrova and won’t be mourning it to that. Your pictures for the alternate deck mount that your friend had aren’t showing up, would you mind re posting those if you have them please?

Quote Originally Posted by wearnshaw1 View Post
    Hello sir, I am about to attempt this build but I have a Terrova and won’t be mourning it to that. Your pictures for the alternate deck mount that your friend had aren’t showing up, would you mind re posting those if you have them please?
    Don’t know what happened to the picture but here is a copy.
    I also included the latest PDF build sheet.

Attached Files Attached Files

6. Member
    Hey there Mr. Bill. Thanks for the build info! I can't wait to get started. I've got almost all the parts ordered, but wanted to see if you would share what diodes you purchased for the limit switches in the head unit? There seems to be a lot more selection criteria than I was prepared for lol. Thanks again!

Quote Originally Posted by niemeyerw View Post
    Hey there Mr. Bill. Thanks for the build info! I can't wait to get started. I've got almost all the parts ordered, but wanted to see if you would share what diodes you purchased for the limit switches in the head unit? There seems to be a lot more selection criteria than I was prepared for lol. Thanks again!
    I think it was like this one. not very critical.

8. Member
    Finished mine up did a bit of a watered down one to start using just a remote for control works awesome Thanks for all the time you spent on setting this up and answering question.

Quote Originally Posted by TomP. View Post
    Finished mine up did a bit of a watered down one to start using just a remote for control works awesome Thanks for all the time you spent on setting this up and answering question.
    That’s Great, I tried to design it for flexibility. Hopefully you can build the base unit for less than $100 and add features as you find a need for them.

10. Member
    If you have any old trolling motors that you don't work, or just not going to use, you can disassemble it and use as a mount for your forward facing sonar. All you need is the shaft and the mount. Run the cables up through the shaft. You can take the electric parts out of the head unit and use the handle to turn it in any direction. There are plenty of old trolling motors lying around people's garages and at garage sales. I saw this on a you tube channel called Adventures with a Purpose.

11. Member
    If you have any old trolling motors that you don't work, or just not going to use, you can disassemble it and use as a mount for your forward facing sonar. All you need is the shaft and the mount. Run the cables up through the shaft. You can take the electric parts out of the head unit and use the handle to turn it in any direction. There are plenty of old trolling motors lying around people's garages and at garage sales. I saw this on a you tube channel called Adventures with a Purpose.

12. Member
    I am starting to build this. Thank you Bill and all for doing such a great job. I was wondering if anyone has a design for a mounting bracket for the Garmin Force.

13. Member
    what did you program a plc by chance?

Quote Originally Posted by Bill Reynolds View Post
    I think it was like this one. not very critical.

I need to correct this: Use these diodes instead of Rectifier diodes, they have less voltage drop on reverse current.

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456