Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
  1. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by n2ratfishin View Post
    Yep, the freedom to buy what ever we can afford just adds fire to the flames of regulators who would love nothing more than to collect fines and/or permits to people who act like they own the water because they have a bigger toy ensuring our government is Americas largest employer.
    I am sorry - I don't really understand what you are trying to say here.

Dripping Springs, Texas and Wahpeton, Iowa
    Quote Originally Posted by BassBoatElectronics.com View Post
    There is an Allison XB21 with a 450 that will run 109 with a load. This Bullet should surpass this without question, and I honestly don't know of any manufacturer that would top the speed this boat is capable of.
    I’d have to agree with that

Quote Originally Posted by BassBoatElectronics.com View Post
    There is an Allison XB21 with a 450 that will run 109 with a load. This Bullet should surpass this without question, and I honestly don't know of any manufacturer that would top the speed this boat is capable of.
    Mighty bold talk. Even IF your just talking BASS boats.

4. Member
    Slower than your bank account will deplete.
    Last edited by Bassin08; 05-01-2024 at 05:18 PM.

5. DINK CATCHER
    Quote Originally Posted by ColtonM View Post
    Are any of you on here familiar with the redfish rigs along the gulf coast? Many of these boats are 23-25' long hold 2-4 people run towers or elevated consoles and maintain 100-115mph in 1-2' waves and still rock 75mph+ in 3' waves.

Look up Simmons Rev25. Eric Simmons is the mastermind and he has one called Rebecca that has twin 500rs and does 115+ with 4 people. Black mamba and LakenBay are ignorant fast as well and would walk that bullet.
    That's like saying a heavy action rod will horse a big bass out of cover better than an ultralite spinning rod. Of course it will but that doesn't make one better than the other because it depends on what your intended use for the "tool" is. And yes, a boat is just a tool to get you to the fish.
    2023 Xpress H18 with 115 SHO that's optioned to fit my wants and pulled by a little Ram.

Treat others like you want to be treated when on the water EVEN WHEN IN A TOURNAMENT! No fish is worth having a confrontation because you cut someone off or came in on top of someone.

6. Member
    I feel like that just a lot of wasted horsepower. No way that rig could meet the max potential of that amount of horsepower.

7. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ColtonM View Post
    Are any of you on here familiar with the redfish rigs along the gulf coast? Many of these boats are 23-25' long hold 2-4 people run towers or elevated consoles and maintain 100-115mph in 1-2' waves and still rock 75mph+ in 3' waves.

Look up Simmons Rev25. Eric Simmons is the mastermind and he has one called Rebecca that has twin 500rs and does 115+ with 4 people. Black mamba and LakenBay are ignorant fast as well and would walk that bullet.
    Not familiar at all, but that sounds freaking awesome!

8. Member
    I’d bet it will run over 120 if like was said it could be propped right.

9. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Hoot View Post
    Evidently Bullet had to one up Basscat’s 450 HP 94 mph rig and wonder which company will try to top Bullet?

The Go Fast Boys are probably drooling over this one
    Their late to the party then. BassCat's already tested and sold a few Jags with 500's

Quote Originally Posted by BULLET FAN View Post
    wareagle24 "Mighty fine boat but it needs some color to it. To me it's plain looking."

Do you say the same thing about this??
    So I guess we are comparing a Bullet to a Ferrari now? I've said it before and I'll say it again. I thought Bass Cat owners had thin skin but you Bullet guys have them beat.

Dripping Springs, Texas and Wahpeton, Iowa
    Quote Originally Posted by ThomasD View Post
    Their late to the party then. BassCat's already tested and sold a few Jags with 500's
    Good Deal now I don't have to listen to two Bullet Dudes I know about them being first to 500hp.

P.S. Did you get much rain in Angelo the last few weeks?

12. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by n2ratfishin View Post
    Yep, the freedom to buy what ever we can afford just adds fire to the flames of regulators who would love nothing more than to collect fines and/or permits to people who act like they own the water because they have a bigger toy ensuring our government is Americas largest employer.

It can be exciting, but going 90+ on water with zero brakes if chit happens, can be unforgiving. I know two fellas around here who are no longer on this planet, who sure loved speed. If I had one of those when i was younger , I woulda been the third.

13. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Idaho Sandman View Post
    I am and so what? Totally different animals. You’re comparing apples to tomatoes. If baffles me when someone posts a bass boat with crazy hp strapped to it on a bass boat forum, it’s even in the name, some jabrone comes along and posts a salt boat as some sort of flex.
    Wasn't flexing just saying Simmons is a bigger boat more drag and would pass the bullet most likely. They are just another really awesome fast boat
    BassCat PIII
    Mercury 200 EFI

14. Member
    Good luck finding a company that would insure that

Will be interesting to see the test results. 720lb motor…noticed they used a short bobs plate. He didn’t mention any transom engineering changes. I’ll also be curious to how the boat sits in the water. Obviously a one off boat. Owner likes to turn heads I’m sure.

16. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by basscat21 View Post
    Can’t be real without splash guards on the back. Those Minnesota guys all have splash guards on the back.

17. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ttranger View Post
    This looks cool but doesn't even make sense. That boat is a rocket with a 250 and can likely go faster than 99% of boaters can even handle. The motor is also 200 lbs. heavier than a 250 and the additional weight and torque can't be good for any hull. This is an accident waiting to happen.
    Total agreement. In used to guide a man from Knoxville that had a silver/black Bullet who always wanted to fish from his boat. It had a stock 225 Merc and would run 80 without breaking a sweat- easy to drive as well. Besides ego I see no real benefit to having that monster bolted to the back of the boat.
    “It ain’t what you don’t know that gets you into trouble. It’s what you know for sure that just ain’t so. “ – Mark Twain

18. Member
    Likely get someone killed
    Bill Perry
    Zwolle, LA (Toledo Bend)
    bpicinc_2000@yahoo.com
    2001 ZX-250 VMAX 225. HDS-9 Carbon, HDS-7Carbon, 3D Sonar, HB 998c hd si, Active Target, MG Tour Pro 36v, 12" Slide Master
    USN, USS Newport News CA-148

He upgraded, with FFS

20. Member
    If it doesn't spin 8000rpm I would think you would need a ridiculously huge pitch prop to get the benefit of 500hp , I would worry the prop would walk and throw you out after a spin around, Just a thought
    ​BULLET 21XRS 250 SHO

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast