Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
  1. DINK CATCHER
    Quote Originally Posted by kry29 View Post
    Jordan came out with those hats the say find ypur own fish and some other saying along those lines while he was fishing BPT. Just stirring it up, i dont think he made those to dig at MLF competitors, but if you ever watched the early days of the cups and selects the bent pole pattern was very strong
    I need one of those REALLY bad.
    2023 Xpress H18 with 115 SHO that's optioned to fit my wants and pulled by a little Ram.

Treat others like you want to be treated when on the water EVEN WHEN IN A TOURNAMENT! No fish is worth having a confrontation because you cut someone off or came in on top of someone.

2. DINK CATCHER
    Quote Originally Posted by 22RangerZ520R View Post
    A classic...

I lost a ton of respect for Ike when he tucked tail and left. Goat or not, I would have bucked up!
    Gotta stand up for yourself but also pick your battles when necessary.
    2023 Xpress H18 with 115 SHO that's optioned to fit my wants and pulled by a little Ram.

Treat others like you want to be treated when on the water EVEN WHEN IN A TOURNAMENT! No fish is worth having a confrontation because you cut someone off or came in on top of someone.

3. Ranger Boats Moderator 22RangerZ520R's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Highcentered View Post
    Gotta stand up for yourself but also pick your battles when necessary.
    Oh, that was definitely a hill he should have died on...!

2022 Ranger Z520R | 2022 Platinum F250
    Apex 19 | (2) Apex 16's | Mega 360 | Mega Live

Quote Originally Posted by 22RangerZ520R View Post
    I'm not 100% sure, but I could have swore it was on Chick by the nuke plant...
    You're correct.

5. Ranger Boats Moderator 22RangerZ520R's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by wareagle24 View Post
    You're correct.

2022 Ranger Z520R | 2022 Platinum F250
    Apex 19 | (2) Apex 16's | Mega 360 | Mega Live

Quote Originally Posted by marshman View Post
    I thought it was guntersville, Decatur flats..
    Decatur Flats is on Wheeler. The next Elite Series tournament will be on Wheeler and the flats will come into play big time.

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Perry View Post
    I thought it was on the Potomac?
    If it was on the Potomac, I would expect it to be the other way around, with Ike calling out KVD for encroaching on his river.

8. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Highcentered View Post
    I don't fish tournaments either but not shy about telling someone they're in the wrong for cutting me off or coming in on top of me. Most who do it don't do it again.
    I've done it before- doesn't need to be just tournament fishing either. I think it is getting ridiculous for people to throw out shaded words like "whining", moaning, "tucking tail" etc. when someone STANDS UP FOR THEMSELF! What sort of a twisted philosophy has crept into our sport when men expect other men to roll over on their back like a $20 prostitute? We/the pros as well, have to police ourselves on the rules of courtesy the water, and this is what it looks like-there are lots of ways to do it. Saying someone is "whining" or "butt hurt" has gotten extremely thread-worn and cliche. I honestly think people race to the comments JUST to be the first one to use those words/accusations though.

9. DINK CATCHER
    Quote Originally Posted by MadYakker View Post
    I've done it before- doesn't need to be just tournament fishing either. I think it is getting ridiculous for people to throw out shaded words like "whining", moaning, "tucking tail" etc. when someone STANDS UP FOR THEMSELF! What sort of a twisted philosophy has crept into our sport when men expect other men to roll over on their back like a $20 prostitute? We/the pros as well, have to police ourselves on the rules of courtesy the water, and this is what it looks like-there are lots of ways to do it. Saying someone is "whining" or "butt hurt" has gotten extremely thread-worn and cliche. I honestly think people race to the comments JUST to be the first one to use those words/accusations though.
    Yeah if more people stood up for themselves maybe the entitled *****s would think twice about coming in so close the one already there could piss on them. The ones that act childish after being called out for their crap are the ones that know they're in the wrong but don't give a damn about anyone but themselves. You never know who you're gonna run into these days. If they do that to a guy I know that used to be a cage fighter they run a VERY high risk of biting off more than they can chew. Good morals but just a hothead and even has a bullet in him from getting shot by someone who crossed the line with him. BTW he won the case against the guy who shot him in the Walmart parking lot. We hope his first child being born recently calms him down.

10. Member
    Good news is JLee won't have to worry about Hays or Gagliardi the rest of the tournament. They are in the truck headed back home

11. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by c rig View Post
    You must not watch much BASS coverage if you think it’s confined to MLF.
    Its everywhere, no doubt about that. I remember the new orleans classic when Boyd ran to venice the first day then the second day barged in on the small lake where Martens, KVD, and Palanuik were catching them. Funny thing was his extra boat someone was driving showed up at that lake the last part of the day 1. But really, the MLF format really lends itself to the bent pole pattern. When you know someone is catching them, where they are, etc and your struggling, it can be tempting to ease in on them. Not knowing exactly what other guys are doing during the competition day keeps some of that out of play

12. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark Perry View Post
    I thought it was on the Potomac?
    It happened on Chick around the Sequoya nuclear towers, don't know about the Potomac.

13. Member
    Getting spicy out there again.. Coulter and Salzman

14. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Bobby Gray View Post
    Getting spicy out there again.. Coulter and Salzman
    1. Try Lake Hopatcong or the Hudson River or Candlewood back in the day. Good times
    Proverbs 28:1

15. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by wareagle24 View Post
    Decatur Flats is on Wheeler. The next Elite Series tournament will be on Wheeler and the flats will come into play big time.
    it was my sarcasm.. sorry..

Quote Originally Posted by marshman View Post
    it was my sarcasm.. sorry..
    I'm slow. Sorry.

It's been a welcome change to start seeing guys get called out for being hole buzzards as it's actually happening. Too many think it's perfectly OK to fish the bent pole pattern and run around till they find the leaders then start fishing in their area.

18. Member
    Aren't these guys in business for themselves to make money be competitive why can't you just go by the rules laid out before if it 75 feet or foot from you with troll down then screw you I'm fishing right here not 200 yards away I'm not here to make friends you know what I'm saying aren't you a dumb ass fishing for 100 grand not to fish were they are
    I'm just asking I don't have the problem if you no what's good for you and you see me go to the other end

19. DINK CATCHER
    Quote Originally Posted by 2dwoods View Post
    Aren't these guys in business for themselves to make money be competitive why can't you just go by the rules laid out before if it 75 feet or foot from you with troll down then screw you I'm fishing right here not 200 yards away I'm not here to make friends you know what I'm saying aren't you a dumb ass fishing for 100 grand not to fish were they are
    I'm just asking I don't have the problem if you no what's good for you and you see me go to the other end
    It's about respect and a lot of people turn into a$$holes when money and pride are on the line. While I don't fish tournaments if I find out the guy that just came in on top of me is in a tournament I'm usually A LOT rougher on them because I can use more facts about human nature against them.

20. Member
    I'm not saying who's right or wrong. I also don't know the ages of the people involved.

Many times it's a generational thing. Ask people at the landing what the definition of "community hole" is. Most of the time older people will say it's an area where multiple species of fish gather. Most of the time younger people say it's an area where everyone fishes.

If you fish pressured water sooner or later someone is going to cut you off.

Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast