Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Member
    This
    Last edited by Leo Carrillo; 05-01-2024 at 02:17 PM. Reason: want to delete

2. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Whiteboat View Post
    Love the new STS boats and they are on my short list but that net holder just seems to disrupt the storage flexibility of the middle front deck storage boxes (especially on the Puma STS). Just trying to get my head around on how I would use that space.
    This

3. Member
    It serves no function to me as I either grab them or boat flip them. A better place would be to put the the net behind the console seating like a lot of other boat builders - Easy access and out of the way. I had a Phoenix and the net was never removed from its floor location in five years, and I caught plenty of big fish in that boat.
    Exactly...never understood their wonky storage lockers.
    Last edited by Leo Carrillo; 05-01-2024 at 02:20 PM.

4. Member
    It serves no function to me as I either grab them or boat flip them. A better place would be to put the the net behind the console seating like a lot of other boat builders - Easy access and out of the way. I had a Phoenix and the net was never removed from its floor location in five years, and I caught plenty of big fish in that boat.
    Exactly...never understood their wonky storage lockers.

5. Member
    Was new boat shopping and loved everything about the Puma STS especially the glass work and the box latches and the carpet and the trailer and so much more.
    Then looked at the front boxes and the small rear storage boxes and lost interest. There's gotta be a better place to put the power pole pumps and the net. Not that it doesn't make sense but it just takes up to much room and I carry to much stuff also.
    The Phoenix 921 Elite II with the dual front flat boxes and the net storage in the floor and Rangers traditional box layout with the net behind the seats made a lot more sense.
    Ive never caught a big fish on the front deck, im usually getting pulled towards the back of the boat when I occasionally get a big one on .

Bought the 521R but really wanted to get back in a bass cat
    Last edited by oklaranger; 05-01-2024 at 11:08 PM.

6. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Leo Carrillo View Post
    This
    Its simple, just put your stuff where it fits and enjoy the best made boat on the market. I don't even keep a net in the boat, I use the net box for throw cushion and lure retriever. On one side of that I keep crankbaits and the other side I keep frogs, spinnerbaits, and buzzbaits. That main box will hold more than you need to carry.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12