Page 11 of 14 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast
  1. Member
    Thanks kry29

I will be taking my boat by the glass shop so he can lay eyes on it and tell me for sure but it is sounding like it was a repair. Ive talked to someone else that agrees also. It is a fairly decent size area. I was under a misconception of how boats were made so this appears to be a bigger deal than I originally thought.

If this was a repair done at the Triton factory what is a reasonable course of action.
    A. Try to get it fixed to look better
    B. Demand a new boat since this one was damaged
    C. File a lawsuit (boat sold as new was a repaired boat)

Also long term how does this structurally affect the boat? If a crack when present when it came out of the mold I'm inclined to think that will be a weaker part of the boat from here on out.

2. Member
    The repair more than likely wasn't to big of a deal. Probably just a spot that the gel coat was messed up and they just did a bad repair on. If that's the case then it wouldn't be any structural damage, just a cosmetic issue. Get with the dealer and they will take some pics and more than likely triton will help you out and get it fixed. Shouldn't lead to any future problems. The glass guy is the pro so he can tell you if the repair was just cosmetic or structural. Give triton the opportunity to fix it before you do anything else. From everything I've read they will help you out

3. Member
    There are 2 guy's in my bass club that have Triton boats. Both of them has had the same problem. The live well in both boats cracked about 2 weeks apart. On one boat the crack was about the thickness of a quarter at its max, and the other was about the thickness of a dime. I guess by some of the replys on this thread they should just suck it up and deal with it. I think NOT. And before someone ask neither had been in rough water. I don't think owning a Triton is in any of our other members future. I know other boats have problems too but seems like this brand has just to many. I wish all boat owners the best of luck. Hope all of you and your families have a nice Easter and don't forget what Easter is all about. God bless
    Last edited by BrentR; 04-15-2017 at 03:32 AM.

4. Banned
    One more item that my lovely worthless dealer screwed up. I've been wondering why I haven't been able to hit max RPM's with my motor, no matter engine height. So, I decided to check my throttle. Yup, it doesn't open up all the way. And not because it's adjusted wrong. These f***ing idiots installed the hotfoot too far back. When pressed as far as it'll go it hits the console. Now I get to remove it, drill new holes to move it about an 1.5" back. What, the actual, ****. Over.

Every single item that they touched has been screwed up. Hotfoot, console GPS unit, bow GPS unit, never purged the engine mounted oil tang (which leads me to believe they never water tested the boat before delivery), trailer lugs weren't torqued or even really tightened, trailer coupler not adjusted, refused to help with a defective gator mount for the troller, scratches on the boat that weren't fixed prior to deliver, boat delivered to me looking like it had been parked under a tree uncovered for a month, lied to my face about my passenger console coming in (Triton confirmed this), waited weeks to order my cover, scratched the gel when they installed the passenger console.

That's just what the dealer did. They're on these forums and know who they are.

Every screw on my boat was loose or over-tightened to strip the fiberglass it was screwed in to. I epoxied speed clips behind every screw hole to fix. Passenger seat mount was loose, found to have been secured with regular nuts that came loose. Replaced nuts with nylocks. Dash rocker switches were garbage, broke easily. Replaced all with rotary switches. Cranking battery tray came loose. Replaced tray, epoxied down and used larger screws to secure. Rivets on the center console lid were all loose. Drilled out and replaced. Steering wheel center cap not held in by anything. Flew out while trailering. Twice.l

Between my dealer and Triton my new boat was a lot of work to make right.

5. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Riccochet View Post
    One more item that my lovely worthless dealer screwed up. I've been wondering why I haven't been able to hit max RPM's with my motor, no matter engine height. So, I decided to check my throttle. Yup, it doesn't open up all the way. And not because it's adjusted wrong. These f***ing idiots installed the hotfoot too far back. When pressed as far as it'll go it hits the console. Now I get to remove it, drill new holes to move it about an 1.5" back. What, the actual, ****. Over.

Every single item that they touched has been screwed up. Hotfoot, console GPS unit, bow GPS unit, never purged the engine mounted oil tang (which leads me to believe they never water tested the boat before delivery), trailer lugs weren't torqued or even really tightened, trailer coupler not adjusted, refused to help with a defective gator mount for the troller, scratches on the boat that weren't fixed prior to deliver, boat delivered to me looking like it had been parked under a tree uncovered for a month, lied to my face about my passenger console coming in (Triton confirmed this), waited weeks to order my cover, scratched the gel when they installed the passenger console.

That's just what the dealer did. They're on these forums and know who they are.

Every screw on my boat was loose or over-tightened to strip the fiberglass it was screwed in to. I epoxied speed clips behind every screw hole to fix. Passenger seat mount was loose, found to have been secured with regular nuts that came loose. Replaced nuts with nylocks. Dash rocker switches were garbage, broke easily. Replaced all with rotary switches. Cranking battery tray came loose. Replaced tray, epoxied down and used larger screws to secure. Rivets on the center console lid were all loose. Drilled out and replaced. Steering wheel center cap not held in by anything. Flew out while trailering. Twice.l

Between my dealer and Triton my new boat was a lot of work to make right.
    Your're going to get a tongue lashing for saying TRUTHFUL bad things on here about a Triton. I really ruffled some feathers speaking the facts on the "quality control" forum.
    Last edited by Todd Hendrick; 04-17-2017 at 05:55 AM.

6. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Todd Hendrick View Post
    Your're going to get a tongue lashing for saying TRUTHFUL bad things on here about a Triton. I really ruffled some feathers speaking the facts on the "quality control" forum.
    It's turkey season. I love ruffling feathers.

It was one thing for some stuff to slip past Triton's QC, but another to have your dealer muck up everything they touched....or didn't touch. Some of that I attribute to the clown shoe that sold me my boat. He's no longer at the dealer from what I hear.

Whoever winds up with my boat after I trade it in will be getting one with all the kinks worked out along with some nice upgrades. If I didn't need a bigger boat I'd happily stay in my Triton at this point.
    Last edited by Riccochet; 04-17-2017 at 06:47 AM.

7. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Riccochet View Post
    It's turkey season. I love ruffling feathers.

It was one thing for some stuff to slip past Triton's QC, but another to have your dealer muck up everything they touched....or didn't touch. Some of that I attribute to the clown shoe that sold me my boat. He's no longer at the dealer from what I hear.

Whoever winds up with my boat after I trade it in will be getting one with all the kinks worked out along with some nice upgrades. If I didn't need a bigger boat I'd happily stay in my Triton at this point.
    Your dealer majors in RV's and minors in boats don't they?

8. Member
    Do you have pics of those live well cracks. What model ?

9. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by TritonJT View Post
    Your dealer majors in RV's and minors in boats don't they?
    Something like that.

10. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by leethefishking View Post
    Do you have pics of those live well cracks. What model ?
    Sorry I don't have pictures of the cracks in the live wells. Both guys where in the service and both have been transfered. But if I remember right both were 18 foot, but I do not know what year model they were. Sorry for not being any help.

11. Banned
    It wasn't what you said it was how many times you said the same thing over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over........lol

12. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by TritonMan250 View Post
    It wasn't what you said it was how many times you said the same thing over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over........lol
    Maybe somebody a Triton heard then.

13. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by TritonMan250 View Post
    And you know what your boys at Triton did about it... NOT A F thing!!! Didn't even reply to my extremely polite and professional emailsssssss. So it will continue every chance I get.

14. Banned
    This will be my last "Triton bash".
    Your a man of your word!!

15. Member
    I have a 216 Fishunter that I ordered and expecting anytime now and I have to admit you guys are making me nervous.

16. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Erie660 View Post
    I have a 216 Fishunter that I ordered and expecting anytime now and I have to admit you guys are making me nervous.
    Don't hook that trailer up to your truck without going over it with a fine tooth comb. Don't matter what papers you signed, if you don't take delivery of it then it isn't yours. Seriously, take a camera and take pictures of everything, every inch, for every angle before driving off the lot. Every compartment, hinge, screw, bolt, everything.

I'll never get burned again. My next new boat will not leave that dealer until it is 100% to my satisfaction.

Quote Originally Posted by BrentR View Post
    Sorry I don't have pictures of the cracks in the live wells. Both guys where in the service and both have been transfered. But if I remember right both were 18 foot, but I do not know what year model they were. Sorry for not being any help.
    No problem. You just brought back to life a controversial three month-old thread. No need to have firsthand knowledge or details like year of boat, model of boat, etc. Just stop by, stir the pot, and watch the fireworks start back up.

18. BBC SPONSOR
    Quote Originally Posted by jlg309 View Post
    No problem. You just brought back to life a controversial three month-old thread. No need to have firsthand knowledge or details like year of boat, model of boat, etc. Just stop by, stir the pot, and watch the fireworks start back up.

Lol

19. Member
    Love my Triton

20. Member
    I know a guy that just bought a 621 Ranger and he had issues with his as far as fiberglass shavings and excess foam that they never cleaned up and they even left one of the bilge pumps just laying in the transom unsecured. After all that he still loves his boat. I guess you're going to see some issues with all manufacturers if you look hard enough not just with Triton. I'm hoping for the best and I will definitely look this boat over. Thanks

Page 11 of 14 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast