Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by low slung cruiser View Post
    KEEP IN MIND.....
    the 1996-1998 EFI 225's were DAWGS on the bottom end...in 1999 they changed the tuner's which really helped the engine breath helping out the hole shot trimendously...
    your best bet is gonna be re-working the prop...TRY a fury if you haven't...they do well with getting on plane...even better when DUAL PVS is added
    to
    the exhaust tuner pipe? im about to pull my block off and this would be a great time to add it.....
    4 wheels will move the body, But only 2 can move the soul

Quote Originally Posted by RiverRatMD View Post
    LSC hit it right on. Another thing you can do to Dramatically improve holeshot and acceleration is to get your heads cuts and throw in a set of TDR reeds. You'll have to run 91+ octane afterwards but the increase is worth it IMO. Your top end will likely increase by only 1,2 or maybe 3 mph, but the low end will be greatly improved. Reliability would be the same.

Cut heads- you take em off and send them out - about $180-$200 with new Gaskets

TDR reeds- I do them myself but you can send in the cages to have them installed - roughly $175-$200

Simon motorsports can re-flash your ECM in the future if you want ( this will give you a more agressive fuel curve and you can have your limiter raised as well)
    how much compression gain are we talking here? i am familiar with engines.. expecially 2 strokes, i have had more hp gain with a port job (flow) then compression... if i pull the heads, im going inside ie: pistons rods crank hone etc... but thats not in the books :) i have 3 props i will be contacting mark and see what he has to say and if i should send him one..... Im still waiting on my cowl...... :/.

3. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Gambler01 View Post
    how much compression gain are we talking here? i am familiar with engines.. expecially 2 strokes, i have had more hp gain with a port job (flow) then compression... if i pull the heads, im going inside ie: pistons rods crank hone etc... but thats not in the books :) i have 3 props i will be contacting mark and see what he has to say and if i should send him one..... Im still waiting on my cowl...... :/.
    Keep in mind it is not so much HP gains your looking for as it is Torque gains. Torque in a 2-stroke is key.

Quote Originally Posted by herk91 View Post
    I can't give specifics right at this moment, but I think it is because of the step has a curve all the way through it. Actually now that I think about it there is not enough room under the step to mount the tab along with the actuators. Hence the reason why I think that they are recessed in the newer hulls.

I was going to mount mine on the back of the hull in the same fashion as the power boats have them mounted. Gambler to my knowledge is the only ones mounting them under the hull.

As far as the indicator goes, I cannot answer theta question.

I would like to see pics of the alien cowl after it is installed. What is it going on a standard 2.5 with the old style cowl?
    photo 1.JPG photo 2.JPG

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12