US Marshals Museu - Fort Smith, Arkansas

Family in town, yesterday we drove down to Fort Smith to see the new Marshals Museum.

Building architecture is pretty neat, nice location near a stretch of the Arkansas river, scenic view of the river. Easy access.

It is not a big place, we were done after 2 hours. If you read everything in detail, you could be there 3-4 hours. A lot of reading. History of the Marshall Service since it was formed about 1790.

Coverage of events going back to the first whisky tax revolts, including topics such as slavery, the western frontier, prohibition, segregation, 60's demonstrations, recent events such as Ruby Ridge and The OKC bombing.

I was hoping for more firearms stuff. They did have a few, one of Bass Reeves 1873 SA revolvers, and some Winchester lever actions.

It's not something you'd want to bring young kids to, they'll get bored pretty quickly.

Had to get a coffee cup.

MarshalCoffee.jpg

2. Member
    I'd like to see that.
    Hi Mike.

3. Member
    A good friend of mine is a federal marshal stationed at the Omaha office. He travels a bunch for his job, last summer he was in Alaska hunting down fugitives.
    John the Garage Doorman

Quote Originally Posted by Doorman1 View Post
    A good friend of mine is a federal marshal stationed at the Omaha office. He travels a bunch for his job, last summer he was in Alaska hunting down fugitives.
    There is a section on the Marshals job dealing with fugitives. They had posters of their 15 most wanted which is different than the FBI's most wanted. Some of those 15 most wanted have been on the lam for a long time.