USAF and DOD retired Phoenix Jim's Avatar

Drought what drought!

2018 Phoenix 920 Pro XP

2. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Phoenix Jim View Post
    yeah I got 6.6 inches since yesterday! damn power went out and started bailing the sump pump filled up 5 big totes, carried countless 5 gallon buckets out and numerous buckets down the drain! I was able to keep up and power restored in 1.5 hours! what's not good is I slipped on stairs but caught myself for the part! little banged up

3. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by bassin74 View Post
    yeah I got 6.6 inches since yesterday! damn power went out and started bailing the sump pump filled up 5 big totes, carried countless 5 gallon buckets out and numerous buckets down the drain! I was able to keep up and power restored in 1.5 hours! what's not good is I slipped on stairs but caught myself for the part! little banged up
    Get you a battery backup sump pump.
    John the Garage Doorman

4. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Doorman1 View Post
    Get you a battery backup sump pump.
    I been here 7 years and never needed one but gonna definitely look into getting one!

Not sure how the Western Iowa lakes are fairing but all this rain has really messed up fishing for me. The rapid lake level changes up and back down plus the chocolate milk from runoff have really put a damper on the bite.

2012 Ranger z521
    Mercury 250 Pro XS

6. Member
    Same in sw Iowa for me. I can still catch lots of 14” bass but nothing much bigger. Hopefully I’ll find them Saturday:-)