HDS Gen3 with 3D not working

My buddy has an HDS 12 Gen 3 with the 3D box. It used to work at some point, but now the 3D option doesn't even show up on the pages screen anymore. I checked the features page and it's active and it's powering on. Anything else I can check?

2. Member
    are all the lights on the 3D module?

3. Member
    Maybe try a hard reset.

4. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Basshopper View Post
    are all the lights on the 3D module?
    Yes, that’s the first thing I checked.

5. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by fly by night View Post
    Maybe try a hard reset.
    That’s probably what I’ll end up doing.

6. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by mrdeath View Post
    Yes, that’s the first thing I checked.
    Ok then the next thing that may be not working is the ethernet cable do you have any other units plugged into the 3D Box? if so do a test on saving a waypoint on one unit and see if it saves to the other that is going through the box. Do you have the 18.3 software version on your Gen 3 what other units are you using through the box.

7. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Basshopper View Post
    Ok then the next thing that may be not working is the ethernet cable do you have any other units plugged into the 3D Box? if so do a test on saving a waypoint on one unit and see if it saves to the other that is going through the box. Do you have the 18.3 software version on your Gen 3 what other units are you using through the box.
    Not sure on the software version since this is by buddy's boat, I haven't been able to check. The unit is connected to the 3D box with one ethernet cable/port and the other ethernet port is connected to an HDS Live that is connected to an AT1 box. Next time I'm out with him, I'll do a hard reset and I may have a spare ethernet cable I can temporarily connect to see if that's the issue.

8. Member
    I would first install the 18.3 update even if you think it already has it, then do the hard reset. Make sure the 3D box is updated also, and that the lights are showing the proper sequence. Remember the hard reset will wipe out all waypoints, routes and trails. Then I would try another ethernet cable. I would also plug the AT ethernet cable into the 3D StructureScan box, and then ethernet between the 3D box and the Gen 3 and any other unit.
    ciao,
    Marc