Mixing mfg lithiums to run in parallel

I have a 30ah lithium i bought from Amped Outdoors a few years ago that ran my LVS32 and 93sv and had never caused any issues. I recently upgraded to an echomap 106 and the LVS34 and after a regular day of fishing the garmin shut down due to low voltage. I was looking around and found these which look very similar to my amped battery. On a recent thread I know there was some good feedback on people buying a larger 36v battery from this company.

https://batteryhookup.com/products/n...s-12-24-36-48v

My question is would there be any issues with getting this battery to run in parallel with what I have now? https://ampedoutdoors.com/products/3...y-lifepo4-tall

The charger I bought is the one that amped provided in a package with that battery. Capacity wise, this would put me way over what I would reasonably need as long as there wasn't any safety or other concerns with joining these two together.

I can't answer your question, that would be for Amped outdoors but I wouldn't do it as the smaller one would probably drag down the bigger one when it starts to run out of juice. On the other hand that little 30AH battery has a lot of uses so I would either repurpose it for something else you have or sell it as it is the perfect size for smaller boats and kayaks. I know you are in KY but these are very popular in the ice belt.
    21 Lund 1775 Impact XS 21 Merc 115 Pro XS

3. Member
    These are both 30ah and pretty comparable spec wise from what i can see

4. Member
    I doubt that you will see any problem(s). Only you will know for sure if you give it a go.

Lots of folks will poopoo the idea of paralleling or serializing batteries but they seldom say why that is so.

If one 30 AH battery won't do the job I need it to do, whereas paralleling it with a different age/different brand battery would get the job done, then that would be just fine with me. Even though it might not be what two brand new same models of batteries might be able to do.

5. Member
    For discharging, it will work great.

Charging them on one charger in parallel may present some issues if they do not behave the same via the BMS as they approach 100% SOC. If each had its own charger, then there should work fine.

6. Member
    I have been told using them in parellel is ok, but connect the charger lead positive to one battery and the negative to the other.

I am doing that with two different lithiums for my cranking/electronics batteries, no problems, one is a 125 cranking and one is a 105 deep cycle.

If you buy anything from batteryhookup.com use code BBC5 on that site for 5% off your order.