Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Ranger quality and support have gone way down

I have a 2021 Ranger 521c which is always garaged,cleaned after every trip (excellent condition). I leave my rods on deck and just readjust for different fishing events. I took my rods off and noticed a 1/2 to 3/4 inch droop on the left side between my trolling motor foot pedal and the side that is about 2 feet long. It was not visibly notice until then so something is definitely wrong so I called my dealer and they said video using level and they will get to Ranger. With in 2 weeks Ranger comes back and says not covered. I have had many boats including other Rangers and never seen anything like this nor anyone I know but either the deck warped or the under padding is gone. I am amazed that a TOP quality boat manufacture would want to have this out there and I am going to make sure everyone is aware of the decline in quality and support from Ranger. I hope Ranger will step up and fix the front deck issue since I am very loyal and happy with the performance, before time for me to replace this for a new boat.

Interesting.
    Did dealer inspect to determine the issue?
    How can they do anything untill they know the cause?

3. Member
    Look back through the last few months of post in the Ranger form there’s lots of guys with lots of issues, including myself
    Last edited by mactlman; 05-14-2024 at 05:37 PM.
    2022 z519 cup 225 merc 4s ser # 3B210484. 2--hds12 live units. 2 poles, atlas plate, ghost, hamby's, active target, merc digital gauges
    2002 basscat pantera 3 (dad bought new) sold 8-2-22
    2000 stratos 20 ss (bought new) 200 hp Rude ficht great boat/motor sold 11-21
    pulled by a 2500HD Denali
    proud dad of an ARMY Captain
    MAGA
    ASE/GM Master tech before tools

4. Member
    ugh

John Walker - Matthews NC

2021 Ranger RT198P - Mercury 150 4S - Enertia Eco
    VesselView Link - MotorGuide Tour Pro - Lowrance Carbons

Quote Originally Posted by mactlman View Post
    Look back through the last two or three pages of post in the Ranger form there’s tons of guys with tons of issues, including myself
    There is only one on the first page and thats this one.
    I do see a whole bunch on the ex Ranger makers boat page though

6. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by bloodman View Post
    There is only one on the first page and thats this one.
    I do see a whole bunch on the ex Ranger makers boat page though
    i only see 2 or 3 and both minor issues
    2022 z519 cup 225 merc 4s ser # 3B210484. 2--hds12 live units. 2 poles, atlas plate, ghost, hamby's, active target, merc digital gauges
    MAGA

7. Ranger Boats Moderator 22RangerZ520R's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by 21Ranger521c View Post
    I have a 2021 Ranger 521c which is always garaged,cleaned after every trip (excellent condition). I leave my rods on deck and just readjust for different fishing events. I took my rods off and noticed a 1/2 to 3/4 inch droop on the left side between my trolling motor foot pedal and the side that is about 2 feet long. It was not visibly notice until then so something is definitely wrong so I called my dealer and they said video using level and they will get to Ranger. With in 2 weeks Ranger comes back and says not covered. I have had many boats including other Rangers and never seen anything like this nor anyone I know but either the deck warped or the under padding is gone. I am amazed that a TOP quality boat manufacture would want to have this out there and I am going to make sure everyone is aware of the decline in quality and support from Ranger. I hope Ranger will step up and fix the front deck issue since I am very loyal and happy with the performance, before time for me to replace this for a new boat.
    PM sent...

2022 Ranger Z520R | 2022 Platinum F250
    Apex 19 | (2) Apex 16's | Mega 360 | Mega Live

8. Member
    Guess I got lucky, my 2023 Z 519 has been just fine.
    520 L TDY

9. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by 520TDY View Post
    Guess I got lucky, my 2023 Z 519 has been just fine.
    Ditto for my 2022. Sounds like our moderator is on it, and I appreciate that.

10. Member
    Just minor issues with mine. Its a 2021 Z185. But the dealer I purchased it from will flat out lie to you when it comes to getting work done. I now have to find a different dealer to service my boat. Extra 1 1/2 hour driving time. I contacted White River/Ranger. Of course their response was "We do not get involved with issues with local dealerships!" I sort of get what they are saying when it comes to purchasing the boat and such. But when it is an issue with warranty work and then I get lied to and threatened I think the manufacturer should have input. My experience is don't count on crap from White River or Ranger. And I hope your local dealer is honest! Mine sure wasn't. If I had it to go over I would probably went with Bass Cat or Phoenix. Anything as long as White River is not involved with for sure.
    2021 Ranger Z185
    Mercury Pro XS 150
    Ultrex 80
    Helix 7 & 9
    Garmin Livescope
    Garmin GPSMap 1022
    Power Pole Blades

11. Member
    Actually I had Ranger (Arkansas) Proactively reach out to me and offered to help with a dealer issue.
    I did not call them and they were very helpful and I was very appreciative!

1st post....come on

13. Member
    1st post....come on
    so one can't complain about their 100k boat issues until how many posts?
    MAGA

Quote Originally Posted by mactlman View Post
    so one can't complain about their 100k boat issues until how many posts?
    Oh sure, but something about the one and done posts that remind me of some ocean front property in.......

15. Member
    Why I will not sell my z521c 2014 and never one issue still a true Ranger before the JM buy out, im sure the R models are amazing but I just got a great boat.

16. Member
    I read the same thing back in 2016 when I bought my 2017. I have bought three new Rangers in my life. The first one in the 80s, second in the 90’s (that one had all, kinds of issues that Ranger fixed…major issue!) and the 2017 which has been flawless.

17. Member
    Oh sure, but something about the one and done posts that remind me of some ocean front property in.......
    maybe true? a vexus employee!!!
    MAGA

18. Member
    I love my boat. It rides good and fishes great. Like I stated my issues with the boat were minor. But my dealer (former) and White River/Ranger support sucks. Hopefully the new dealer will provide good customer service and I will be happy with my purchase again. My boat was not $100,00 but was still the purchase of a lifetime for me. Dreamed of owning a Ranger for 40+ years.
    2021 Ranger Z185
    Mercury Pro XS 150
    Ultrex 80
    Helix 7 & 9
    Garmin Livescope
    Garmin GPSMap 1022
    Power Pole Blades

Quote Originally Posted by TopgunZ521C View Post
    Why I will not sell my z521c 2014 and never one issue still a true Ranger before the JM buy out, im sure the R models are amazing but I just got a great boat.
    So it’s a true Ranger after it was bought out by Platinum Equity? Or Irwin Jacob’s? Just curious when exactly a true Ranger stopped being a true Ranger?
    2021 Ranger Z519 Mercury 225 Pro XS Four Stroke

20. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by besnyde View Post
    So it’s a true Ranger after it was bought out by Platinum Equity? Or Irwin Jacob’s? Just curious when exactly a true Ranger stopped being a true Ranger?
    I own a 2014, and will not buy another once this one is done. I'll be moving on to Vexus.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast