2019 521L Bow Lights and Bow control panel not working

My bow lights and bow accessory panel are not working. Drivers console shows two steady blue lights on the Nav/Nchor button. Stern light is on but no bow.. Any ideas? Just got the boat a few weeks ago and am still learning/working out the kinks.

2. Ranger Boats Moderator jc2bg's Avatar
    To make sure we’re understanding the situation, nothing works on the bow? Livewell switch, etc.?
    John Clark — Findlay, Ohio

3. Member
    Correct. They will all turn on from the drivers console but theblivewell button, tilt, etc on bow panel are non-functional. More concerning is the nav lights not coming on, whether selected at the drivers console panel or on the lowrance control screen. Anchor light is working fine.

4. Member
    Make sure your cranking battery is putting out 12 volt plus. Low voltage makes these new control pads freak out. I have the same boat and had similar issue at console pad.

5. Member
    Yeah, I literally replaced the cranking battery Friday night with an X2 dual purpose. Boat actually wouldn't start on me Thurs and I got towed back by a 90hp G3 aluminum boat.

6. Member
    Mine is a much older boat, but I had the same problem, and it was a large plug under the dash / console that had pulled away. It was the plug that sent everything up to the bow. It had a tendency to pull out in a rough water run. I finally found a way to put a zip-tie around it and hold it together. Just might be your issue. Good luck.
    Bryan O' Z521-250ProXS V8
    Total Recreation Products Inc.
    Commercial Park and Playground Equipment
    totalrecreation.net

7. Member
    I'm having the same problem. I have a 2020 Z521L. I knew the bow accessory panel was not working but I don't use it so I was going to fix it when I got around to it (just figured it was loose wiring). I did not know the nav lights were not working (just verified that). It is not the batteries because I run a five battery set-up. If I have time I will be troubleshoot this weekend and keep and eye on this thread for solutions.

8. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Mcqtr View Post
    I'm having the same problem. I have a 2020 Z521L. I knew the bow accessory panel was not working but I don't use it so I was going to fix it when I got around to it (just figured it was loose wiring). I did not know the nav lights were not working (just verified that). It is not the batteries because I run a five battery set-up. If I have time I will be troubleshoot this weekend and keep and eye on this thread for solutions.
    Why did you go to the 5 battery setup? Were you unable to crank after running graphs and poles at the end of a day of fishing? My new-to-me Ranger has failed to start twice now at the end of the day, to include once getting towed back 8 miles and again after buying a $400 Batteries Plus X2.

I had the same problem. It ended up being switch box in front of my 2020 521c

10. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by discojon75 View Post
    Why did you go to the 5 battery setup? Were you unable to crank after running graphs and poles at the end of a day of fishing? My new-to-me Ranger has failed to start twice now at the end of the day, to include once getting towed back 8 miles and again after buying a $400 Batteries Plus X2.
    I bought the boat used with 20 hours on it. The prior owner did not want to have any issues running (4) graphs, mega360, livescope, and PPs. Fifth battery is located in the spare prop spot.
    2023 Z520R 55th Anniversary Edition
    (3) 12” HDS Live with active target
    (1) Solix 15 with Mega 360

11. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by 59retired View Post
    I had the same problem. It ended up being switch box in front of my 2020 521c
    Was it the Bow Terminal Board or the Bow Accessory Touch Pad?
    2023 Z520R 55th Anniversary Edition
    (3) 12” HDS Live with active target
    (1) Solix 15 with Mega 360

12. Member

2019 521L Bow Lights and Bow control panel not working

I have exactly this same situation going on in my 2019 521L. Did you find a fix for this problem...???

13. Member
    I had this issue on my 2018 520L. My bow touch pad had shorted out. There are plastic nuts that attach to studs on the back of the touch pad that are accessible once you remove the bow cover plate. Take a look at the back of the switch. Mine had a visible burn mark on the back of the touch pad assembly. Good chance that is your issue. I had the exact symptoms you listed.
    2018 Z520L 50th Anniversary - 250 Pro XS 2-Stroke SN - 2B527745 / Reman Powerhead Built 8/2021 SN - QSCS00380OS0