Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Member
    Waiting on oil pump. Backordered until mid-June
    2004TR-21X/2015 250 ProXS
    2B112175

2. Member
    Our season in NY is so short. I will miss the whole Spring season for the first time in 35 years..

3. Member
    WOW, that's crazy. Hope your parts break loose and you can salvage the season.

4. Member
    Don't know where you sent your injectors but I send out many sets and have never waited longer than 2 weeks. That's from time shipped to when I get them back.
    04 521VX 250 Pro XS
    14 521C 250 Pro XS

5. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by bass.man65 View Post
    Don't know where you sent your injectors but I send out many sets and have never waited longer than 2 weeks. That's from time shipped to when I get them back.
    Unfortunately the shop had an equipment breakdown which put them months behind schedule. Sometimes things happen that can't be avoided that are no one's fault. Just my turn I suppose. Next week will mark six months.

6. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by jerzia View Post
    Unfortunately the shop had an equipment breakdown which put them months behind schedule. Sometimes things happen that can't be avoided that are no one's fault. Just my turn I suppose. Next week will mark six months.
    I see you don't bother to mention the shop. There are more than 1 shop that can do air & fuel injectors no way I would tell my customers it will be 6 months. This is also why I keep a spare set ready to go.
    04 521VX 250 Pro XS
    14 521C 250 Pro XS

7. Member
    It’s not the shops fault, and was only supposed to be a short while. I’m not placing any blame, sometimes things happen.

8. Member
    Got hit by a car while walking in the local Chevy dealer parking lot to get a part on March 15. Broke the tibia where it connects to the knee and tore my meniscus. I was planning on hitting 3-4 lakes in early April and then the regular ones as it warmed up as well as several Grandkids events. Just now being able to get a little mobile. Another few weeks of crutches probably and I’m told I’ll probably have a limp for quite awhile or always.
    Sometimes we get curveballs. Keep swinging.

9. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by dbs1 View Post
    Got hit by a car while walking in the local Chevy dealer parking lot to get a part on March 15. Broke the tibia where it connects to the knee and tore my meniscus. I was planning on hitting 3-4 lakes in early April and then the regular ones as it warmed up as well as several Grandkids events. Just now being able to get a little mobile. Another few weeks of crutches probably and I’m told I’ll probably have a limp for quite awhile or always.
    Sometimes we get curveballs. Keep swinging.
    As I said to another poster, I'm dealing with an inconvenience compared to your circumstance. Life is about perspective. No matter what we face, there is always someone, or something, that can instantly provide us with a reality check. Wishing you a speedy recovery and hope you're back on your feet soon!

Hitting upper 70's today here in NY and the wait for motor parts is killing me. Sent injectors and fuel rails to be cleaned and spec'd. I realize it takes what it takes, but with each passing nice weather day, it gets worse this time of the year. Still have to get it all back together once it's done, and then get an oil prime. With shipping I imagine I'm still a month out.
    Let's see- I'm waiting for my new trailer and it should be here by the end of the week. I took my boat out once this spring until a routine maintenance appointment for the trailer resulted in me learning my trailer needed to be replaced due to excessive corrosion. In 2022, I missed 2+ months of the summer due to a major engine ordeal. (Yeah that legendary Yamaha reliability skipped my motor!) In 2020, I had to wait nearly 2 months in the summer for a new axle for my trailer. (supply issues due to the pandemic).

So I definitely feel your pain and know how awful it is when the weather is nice and you want to go fishing. Oh yeah, I almost forgot that in 2019 I came down with pneumonia on vacation in northern Michigan and spent all week in a bed in our rental with a high fever while every day was absolutely gorgeous. Thankfully this spring I have been kayak fishing and mountain biking to help quench that outdoor thirst. As long as I can have my boat ready for Memorial Day...... Granted, I have learned to be very pessimistic when hearing about when parts or in this case a whole f'n trailer is supposed to be ready for me. I'm not bitter or anything.....
    Last edited by Junk Fisherman; 05-14-2024 at 05:31 AM. Reason: typo
    2016 Tuffy X-190
    Yamaha F175, Mercury 9.9
    Motorguide 80 lb Xi5
    Garmim/Humminbird graphs and Talon

11. Member
    So happy, system scheduled to be delivered tomorrow. If all goes well, hope to have it back together by the weekend!

12. Member
    So happy, system scheduled to be delivered tomorrow. If all goes well, hope to have it back together by the weekend!
    Well, that almost went according to plan. Got it all back together, running fine, but now chasing a temperature issue. Still not on the water...

13. Member
    After getting things all back together, I had to chase a temp issue I was dealing with much of last year. FINALLY out yesterday for the first time. It felt so good, after the long wait. I was doing a full on water test yesterday so I only took an ultralight rod and one small plastic bait with me. Fished for 40 minutes and caught 25-30 fish, with a mixed bag of small bass and big rock bass. The fishing god's were paying me back in spades. Hopefully any of you dealing with boat or health issues, can be back on the water as soon as possible!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12