2019 V6 200 four stroke lower unit

It’s good to be back…

been almost ten years since I was lurking on BBC and it’s great to be back.

im rebuilding my 1998 Procraft Superpro 200 as I received a 2019 200 V6 as a gift from a friend of mine (I know, nice gift)

the issue is this engine is a long shaft left hand rotation.

serial number: 2B574322

model number:12000017A

200CXL

looking to go short shaft and right hand turn, can I just remove the center section, change the drive shaft and gearing and let her rip?

thanks so much for your help.

Aaron
    Fish-On
    Aaron

2. Mercury 3L/4 Stroke/Verado Moderator EuropeanAM's Avatar
    Short shaft is 15"
    Long Shaft is 20"
    Xtra-Long Shaft is 25".

The engine you have is a 25". Suspect what you want/need is a 20".

There should be a 5" extension kit that's been added to your engine. Removing that kit, and installing the correct 20" shaft length hardware will rectify the driveshaft housing side.

Gearcase is a little more involved ... driveshaft and shimming can make it a 20" (L) shaft, but it would still be a reverse-rotation gearcase. Either find a RH gearcase, or have that one built up with gear set, bearings, shimming and driveshaft.

Dual Mercury Master Technician- for Mercury Outboards, Mercruiser and Mercury Racing at European Marine in Greenville, SC.
    Still consider myself a "Marine Apprentice" after 47 years (learn something new every day).
    Mercury Parts, Mercury Outboards, Smartcraft & Accessories, Injector Service, TDR Reeds- BBC Sponsor

3. Member
    Thank you so much for your time again Don! When I quoted a new gear case from mercury it was 10,000$ Canadian. Not much of a resale market here for a left had rotation one. When you say build one up you mean just order all the parts separately?

How do you feel about a left hand rotation on a bassboat providing I can find a decent prop?

Thanks again
    Fish-On
    Aaron

4. Mercury 3L/4 Stroke/Verado Moderator EuropeanAM's Avatar
    Aaron- I think the long-term nagging dissatisfaction with performance and handling will far outweigh any "savings". And LH prop choices are a lot slimmer as well...

Dual Mercury Master Technician- for Mercury Outboards, Mercruiser and Mercury Racing at European Marine in Greenville, SC.
    Still consider myself a "Marine Apprentice" after 47 years (learn something new every day).
    Mercury Parts, Mercury Outboards, Smartcraft & Accessories, Injector Service, TDR Reeds- BBC Sponsor

5. Member
    Really appreciate you taking the time to help us all sir!
    Fish-On
    Aaron

6. Mercury 3L/4 Stroke/Verado Moderator EuropeanAM's Avatar
    Glad to do it.