Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast
  1. Member
    Are you sure that you stopped responding?
    Hang on. I'll help you in 77 minutes.

Quote Originally Posted by ncshooter View Post
    Backfired...lol. that's funny. Nothing backfired. I made my point and ppl got butthurt because I questioned somethings price. It's amazing how easily ppl get bothered by another's persons opinion. I simply stopped responding to ppl because, again, I made my point. Not sure what your accomplishing by making a smart ass remark, buddy...lol
    You've seen disagreement, not butthurt. And if you express an opinion on this board there's a good chance you'll some level of disagreement.

3. Member
    This is quite comical. Bitching about a $200 scale to people that own $60,000-$100,000 bass boats

4. Member
    just a sidebar story, after burning through three rapala scales and having bins on the screen fail, it shut off constantly blah blah blah, i thought about the fact that the tournament bass fishing industry didnt have an actual reliable tournament culling scale. I spoke with a close friend, who had connections with the guy that developed the "deep" portable sonar that connects to your smart phone. I began compiling some information regarding the market, what features a tournament scale should have, and the overall functionality of what a perfect tournament scale would look like for a meeting with this guy that is in product development...Icast happened and I saw the bubba...and the rest is history lol

Thank god for timing, I could have been knee deep in product development and would have had to go toe to toe with a nationally established brand. Needless to say, I own the $100 version of the bubba...and its exactly the scale I had dreamed up. Highly Highly recommend.
    06 Stratos 294 ProXL

5. Member
    I don't "worry" about what others spend. Everyone has that same response. "Why do you care" is always the answer instead of an explanations as to why it's so expensive. If you went to bass pro and all the senkos were now 25$ for a pack of 5 would you just think to yourself "oh well" and never discuss it again? Or would you say to yourself "my god that's crazy". Most normal humans see something outrageously expensive the natural process is for them to question it and try to understand how anyone can justify it. I guess everyone just ignore prices these days and never questions it at all.
    There has been multiple explanations. And explanaitons of different price points for different scales, so the whole "all senkos $25 per 5" doesn't really have much comparability. It would be like having 1 package of senkos for $25, then the next most expensive is $10, and then there are a bunch of senko's in the $4-$6 range...

And honestly, vehicles are terrible evidence of "how old things were better." Vehicles commonly go 200k+ now, whereas in history people started getting concerned at 100k+.

6. Member
    It's amazing how easily ppl get bothered by another's persons opinion.
    You mean like how one person looks at a $200 scale and its features and forms the opinion of, "hey, nice scale, I could use that....." and you look at that and think "whoever buys that is really gullible, I think I will go start a thread on that BBC site and tell everyone who bought one my opinion is they are gullible?"

Is that the kind of person who "easily gets bothered by another person's opinion" you are referring to? So much so that the "person" in question posts about it on message boards to let everyone know what they think of other people's opinion?

Asking for a friend.
    Last edited by Toni; 05-14-2024 at 11:23 AM.

8. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by BigFishSteve View Post
    Are you sure that you stopped responding?
    C'mon “ppl”, he is obviously still trying to figure out the buy a vowel remark. ��

9. Member
    Yes, it is overpriced but so is most of our other gear.

Think I'll buy two just in case the first one quits I'll have a backup.

who needs a scale with calibrated hands...... this fish was 6.39 lbs

12. Member
    Shocks me ppl would buy this. A rapala touch screen scale with cull tags is only 60$!!! Just seems like a insanely horrible deal for a scale. Don't make any sense to me at all
    Rapala scale is more than adequate. But hey the Bubba one has a carrying case lol
    face it fishermen aren’t that smart

13. Derek McCullough
    BBC....Grown men continuing to worry how other grown men spend their money one day at a time

14. Member
    The regular one that is just a scale and culling system is $99. The one you posted is the model that is linkable to the app and also touch screen. You are paying for the tech being able to link it to the app and run a tournament with the data.

15. Member
    This went over my head.
    He wanted you to spell out ppl, people.

Quote Originally Posted by basscat21 View Post
    who needs a scale with calibrated hands...... this fish was 6.39 lbs

Same scale I use. Caught a 13 lb. smallmouth last Saturday.

18. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Rulebender View Post
    I very rarely use a scale an currently don't even have one.

Decent ratings but has anyone else used this and have any comments?
    If professionals who's careers depend on catching fish use FFS then that's what I'm using. Might be too simple of a philosophy but makes sense to me.

19. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Quillback View Post
    Same scale I use. Caught a *9.7lb. smallmouth last Saturday.

20. Member
    I paid $199 for a Cull-M-Rite scale around 15 years ago and still use it in tournaments.....I think I got my money worth out of it, but according to some that was a outrageous purchase. My Money, buys my toys.

Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast