Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

X19 chased me 4 hours home today.

Well for better or worse. I now own a 2001 X19.
    20240503_142400.jpg
    Left home at 6am and got back home at 5:35pm. Man it was a long wet trip. Came a flood part of the trip. But the trailer tows well. Hubs never got above 90 degres. Even after running 75 MPH for a lot of miles.
    Will get more picks later. Lots of work to be done on it. Figure if I'm lucky I may have it ready for the water by Feb 31th. LOL

2. Member
    Checked compression on the () 2006 Johnson 90hp motor this morning. It has 130, 131,135 and 135. I did spray Stabil defogging spray in it. As the engine has not been ran in a few years. Still has the VRO pump on it. But not the oil tank, nor the OMC gauges. So guessing the alarm is not even hooked up? Going to order a Service manual for it. That way I can dig though it.
    Plan is to get a new or newer engine soon. But if this one runs, and will get the boat close to 40 MPH. I may just run it until this winter.

3. Member
    Got the old 12/24 factory trolling motor off the bow. Not often you find it was factory for a 20001 model boat.
    20240504_143525.jpg
    Had to use a sawsall on 2 of the 4 bolts. The Rivnuts were spinning.

4. Member
    The engine lives, some people should never touch a wrench. Who ever had tried to fix it. Left the 2 primer lines off. Thus when it should inject gas to start. That gas was just spraying out.
    Now to add new plugs, work on the throttle cable its tough to move.

5. Member
    Aluminum ages well. And it sounds like you got the skills to getter right. Good looking boat! Congrats and Enjoy!!

6. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by thebentpole View Post
    Aluminum ages well. And it sounds like you got the skills to getter right. Good looking boat! Congrats and Enjoy!!
    Thanks The hull was what I was looking for. Something I can build out like I want it to be. Has bed liner on the inside now. Not much of it, just enough to keep the floors from being slick. Thinking I will strip that down. Add Sea Deck to the floors.

7. #FRB
    Yeah Seadeck is great. Mine just has a bedliner lower floor and it can get slick when wet but the Seadeck on the front and rear deck doesn't get slick. Also really nice to walk on.
    2023 Xpress H18 with 115 SHO and Powertech NRS4 21p
    8" Bob's Action Jack
    Garmin Echomap 12, 10, 9, and LVS34 networked
    Ultrex
    Trick Steps and Ramp N Clamp
    Pulled by a 2016 single cab HEMI Ram

Treat others like you want to be treated when on the water EVEN WHEN IN A TOURNAMENT! No fish is worth having a confrontation because you cut someone off or came in on top of someone.

8. #FRB
    Quote Originally Posted by wild wolf products View Post
    The engine lives, some people should never touch a wrench. Who ever had tried to fix it. Left the 2 primer lines off. Thus when it should inject gas to start. That gas was just spraying out.
    Now to add new plugs, work on the throttle cable its tough to move.
    LOL the worst ones are the ones who think they're a mechanic because they watched a Youtube video. Still plenty of ways to mess something up.
    8" Bob's Action Jack
    Ultrex

Treat others like you want to be treated when on the water EVEN WHEN IN A TOURNAMENT! No fish is worth having a confrontation because you cut someone off or came in on top of someone.

9. Member
    Thanks guys.
    I'm in no means a Mechanic, but worked as one for a few years. Also fixed our own for pushing 50 years. But the kid I got this boat from. I only asked him if he could run the compression? Being I was buying it not even knowing if and when it ever ran.

Now to find the length of the Throttle cable for the x19's. This one has been kinked and you know what that causes. LOL

I did try to adjust the throttle cable. It was just put on, was out of adjustment by over 2" or more.

Going to be a fun project. And I have never even tried to put down the Seadeck. So going to buy the cheap stuff offline. That way If I mess it up. I'm only out a couple hundred $$

10. Member
    While waiting on the new Fuel pump to get here. I figured get some new Grip tape on the front of the boat. Don't like getting wet when its freezing out. As I fish year around, cold water sure makes me draw up. Even though I fish in Ice fishing gear. Artic Armor.
    20240511_120550.jpg
    Had this 12" wide roll of Grip tape for around 11 years. Bought 50ft, for the same price they wanted for 4 pieces cut to fit our camper step's.
    Last edited by wild wolf products; 05-12-2024 at 07:12 AM.
    2001 Xpress X19
    2006 Johnson 90 HP Model J90GLSDE

11. Member
    Just for Giggles and the 90hp being mounted in the top hole. Measured the prop shaft to pad height. Its only sitting at 7" right now. I know this 2006 Johnson 90 HP 2 stroke will be lucky if it hits 35 to 40 MPH. But with it being that low, it will for sure not get any speed. Guess I will start keeping an eye out for a jack plate. That way when I do get a newer engine. I can tune it in and not be looking for a jack plate at that time.
    2001 Xpress X19

12. Member
    Vance manufacturing is a good place to look if you decide to buy a new one. I've had a couple of their manual ones & they were a very good plate. I put one on a H-56 i had & it completely changed it & made it run & handle like a completely different boat.

13. #FRB
    On that hull I'd put an 8" or 10" Slidemaster on it. I know there are a few good companies but Slidemaster is the only manual plate I'll run. It does sound like the guy you bought that boat from knew nothing about boats.
    8" Bob's Action Jack
    Ultrex

14. Member
    I put a Vance jackplate on my H17 Xpress with 90 h.p. Yamaha 4 stroke. It was a good jackplate with a reasonable price.
    2020 Triton 18 TRX
    Tournament Fishing Package
    2020 Mercury 200 Pro XS V8 Serial # 2B588923
    Minn Kota Ultrex 80# I Pilot Link
    Hi Jacker EZ 6" Jack Plate
    Bravo 1 FS 24 Pitch Prop
    Humminbird Helix 7 SI GPS CHIRP G2 Bow
    Humminbird Helix 7 CHIRP MEGA GPS DI G3 Console
    Trick Step Boarding Steps
    RMP Engine Support

15. Member
    Congrats man! Welcome to the Xpress X19 resto club!!1 LOL I posted about our saga here: https://www.bbcboards.net/showthread.php?t=1135143 If you're interested. Currently running 16" of setback, a four blade trophy plus 26" pitch and PTP at 2.5". She'll do 65 mph. But, that's after swapping to lithium cells for the troller. Great boat to fish out of for sure. If and when you tackle toe carpet/flooring, do yourself a favor and check the foam under the front storage and under the cockpit floor. Odds are likely it has soaked up some water, no matter how it's been stored. I removed the better part of 60 lbs or so from under the tackle storage compartment alone!

Also running into this issue (soaked foam) with my bought new 2005 River-Pro that I 100% kept indoors for all times other than fishing. Bottom 2" of some foam in center hull towards stern, were soaked and holding water!

Good luck.

16. Member
    If you are really ambitious cut out the bilge floor under the fuel tank and remove that sixty pound pile of soaked foam as well.

Things I have done to mine

Re layout and support front deck with center locker and port side gull wing style door for tons of rod storage
    Deck extension with storage boxes from console to port side
    Jounce Bumpers from front support bulkhead to outer hull for pancaking support
    3/16 Aluminum Keel Guard from bow eye to end of keel weld , keel weld will never split again plus boat turns and handles like a glass boat with add ability to cut in turns
    Removed under seat storage box and replaced with a under seat fuel tank with center console (favorite mod) can run no fuel in rear to keep shallow draft during super shallow times. Center console awesome too.
    Removed crappy plastic live well and replaced with aluminum , added structure support for midship and far better live well with pump in, out, and recirc all separate pumps
    Live well pumps are starboard size of well so rear fuel tank can be moved forward to allow for additional structural support for transom with both upper and lower knee braces to stringers
    Upper splash well boxed in and supported with 3/8 alum plate and strut supports front to back then tied to stringers below.
    Atlas 10 inch with 2020 Merc Pro XS V8 200
    No water side pickups in lower unit so all nose cone with a motor flush port which pulls from live well at 60PSI to back flush water pick up when clogged and to add cooling ability if running super shallow.
    All lithium including 16 v for electronics , no on board chargers for weight savings
    Probably forgetting a bunch but those are the high lights , basically a willy's jeep for water

17. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Tiltman View Post
    If you are really ambitious cut out the bilge floor under the fuel tank and remove that sixty pound pile of soaked foam as well.

Things I have done to mine

Re layout and support front deck with center locker and port side gull wing style door for tons of rod storage
    Deck extension with storage boxes from console to port side
    Jounce Bumpers from front support bulkhead to outer hull for pancaking support
    3/16 Aluminum Keel Guard from bow eye to end of keel weld , keel weld will never split again plus boat turns and handles like a glass boat with add ability to cut in turns
    Removed under seat storage box and replaced with a under seat fuel tank with center console (favorite mod) can run no fuel in rear to keep shallow draft during super shallow times. Center console awesome too.
    Removed crappy plastic live well and replaced with aluminum , added structure support for midship and far better live well with pump in, out, and recirc all separate pumps
    Live well pumps are starboard size of well so rear fuel tank can be moved forward to allow for additional structural support for transom with both upper and lower knee braces to stringers
    Upper splash well boxed in and supported with 3/8 alum plate and strut supports front to back then tied to stringers below.
    Atlas 10 inch with 2020 Merc Pro XS V8 200
    No water side pickups in lower unit so all nose cone with a motor flush port which pulls from live well at 60PSI to back flush water pick up when clogged and to add cooling ability if running super shallow.
    All lithium including 16 v for electronics , no on board chargers for weight savings
    Probably forgetting a bunch but those are the high lights , basically a willy's jeep for water
    Like the Sound of a lot of what you have done. That foam under the tank has been removed. As for the factory storage box udner the seats. Its gone and building a center console. I have a bunch of 1/2" PVC sheets well from 1/4" to 3/4" sheets of it. As for seats I'm putting in seats like in a Triton 21 X2. Sitting on seat bases, where I can move the seat forward and backwards.
    As for a engine, I may move up to a 175, but feel I may stick with a 150HP. As I no longer have a need for Speed. 99% of my fishing is within 5 miles of the ramp. Well most is within 3 miles or less of the ramp. So removing the rear fuel tank. Replacing it with a 10 gallon tank. Reason for the smaller motor. Keep the weight down on the engine also. 90% of my fishing is Crappie, but I do fish for smallmouth bass in Below Pickwick Dam.
    Will be pulling this boat behind our Eagle Cap 1200 truck camper. Its a giant pig with 3 slideouts, 2 flat screen Tv's and Ca king bed. So my 2022 Ram 3500 is loaded down.
    20220301_152550.jpg
    20211231_103443.jpg
    2001 Xpress X19

18. #FRB
    Yup, I see that camper squattin that dually, lol.
    8" Bob's Action Jack
    Ultrex

19. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Highcentered View Post
    Yup, I see that camper squattin that dually, lol.
    Sits level, its in a spot there that makes it look like that. Factory air bags keeps it level. But its a load for sure. Priceless though, pull my boat. Takes less then 20 minutes from pulling in to go fishing.
    2001 Xpress X19

20. Member
    I have a serious case of camper envy ! I have a half ton F150 so that big thing is not an option.

May buy a clapped out 3500 transit and refurb into a vancamper for fishing away from home.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast