150 optimax 4 beeps

So my engine started having 4 beeps every couple minutes. Oil resivoir was full. I jumped the two wires and beeping quit. Bought new oil reservoir and replaced it. Beeping resumed as before. So I replaced the gas filter. Emptied old one in a bowl. No water. Pulled lower screw below gas inlet and let drain in case water was in there. No change. Motor runs fine with no beeping with oil resivoir jumped. Beeps when it’s not and after a few minutes goes to a full beeping tone if rpm’s are above 12k. Oil resivior is completely full….like no air gap. Have vented it multiple times on old and new one.
    What can I try next?

2. Member
    Serial # 1B298600
    model # 1150D73FY

3. Mercury 3L/4 Stroke/Verado Moderator EuropeanAM's Avatar
    If jumping the reservoir wires on the harness side eliminates the fault warning, it is the oil tank. New don't mean "good". Was that an OEM or an Aftermarket tank?

Dual Mercury Master Technician- for Mercury Outboards, Mercruiser and Mercury Racing at European Marine in Greenville, SC.
    Still consider myself a "Marine Apprentice" after 47 years (learn something new every day).
    Mercury Parts, Mercury Outboards, Smartcraft & Accessories, Injector Service, TDR Reeds- BBC Sponsor

4. Member
    Aftermarket
    i jumped it where the resivior plugs in.

5. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by keith63g View Post
    Aftermarket
    i jumped it where the resivior plugs in.
    glad you found problem
    .................................................. ...the scariest thing in life is the unknown ...................................

6. Mercury 3L/4 Stroke/Verado Moderator EuropeanAM's Avatar
    I have replaced a number of those aftermarket reservoirs for folks... brand new and don't work.

Get an OEM tank to install properly and you'll be done with that problem.

Dual Mercury Master Technician- for Mercury Outboards, Mercruiser and Mercury Racing at European Marine in Greenville, SC.
    Still consider myself a "Marine Apprentice" after 47 years (learn something new every day).
    Mercury Parts, Mercury Outboards, Smartcraft & Accessories, Injector Service, TDR Reeds- BBC Sponsor

7. Member
    I had the same issue. Replaced with aftermarket and it didn't fix the issue. Bought the OEM and the problem went away. After reading reviews seems to be a fairly common issue with the aftermarkets

8. Member
    ^^^^^^ afterjunk
    .................................................. ...the scariest thing in life is the unknown ...................................

9. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by JOE54 View Post
    ^^^^^^ afterjunk
    +1!
    _______

Phil
    '09 Hewescraft ProV
    '09 150 Optimax