Lews reel for a punching set up?

Which Lews bait caster is the best for a punching set up. 8 foot rod 65# braid big weights. Let me know

2. Member
    Since you’re specifically looking at Lews, I’d say one of the super dutys.
    1995 Ranger 481v
    1995 Johnson Fast Strike 175hp

3. Member
    Any particular reason why it has to be a Lews real?

4. Member
    I guess it doesn’t really have to be a Lews. I just have a few hypermags and really the love the feel of the small frame in my hand

In that case, check out the Tatula Elite Pitch/Flip... It has a small, tough frame with a 100mm handle and barrel knobs. It's a great punch/flip/pitch reel. Through the end of this month it qualifies for the Simms Shirt Promo as well.

6. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Bronzefly View Post
    In that case, check out the Tatula Elite Pitch/Flip... It has a small, tough frame with a 100mm handle and barrel knobs. It's a great punch/flip/pitch reel. Through the end of this month it qualifies for the Simms Shirt Promo as well.
    This, any lews will probably work, but you're running a heavy duty punching setup and want a reel to match. The tatula elite pitch/flip is a workhorse and the bigger handle is a huge plus. I've considering buying the handle to replace the handle on my old Tatula HD I use for frog fishing. If you're dead set on a lews I'd go with the Lew's PRO SP. You'll like the shallower spool for pitching and flipping and obviously don't need to waste a ton of line that you'll never use.

7. Member
    If you're going with Lew's, the Pro SP would be your best option in my opinion. I just got one and have only used it once, but you can tell it's a workhorse reel and made for heavy cover fishing. Shimano has the Bantam A MGL, which is a tank of a reel and handles heavy duty applications very well. And as mentioned, the Daiwa Tatula Elite Pitch/Flip would be a great option as well. I don't think you can go wrong with any of these three reels, it all boils down to personal preference.

8. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Bronzefly View Post
    THIS..^^^

I have two of these Tatula punch/flip reels and love them. The larger handle is amazing.. it makes such a difference when comparing to "regular" sized handles. Good luck