Chris Carson ST-4 Stuffers for Mercury 2.5 V6

I tried to put these on my Mercury 150 2.5L and couldn't get everything to line up right and lost my patience with trying. These fit 135-200hp V6 Mercury outboards from 1996+ with 4 petal leaf reed valves. Like new, save some money over buying new. $50 shipped
    Attached Images Attached Images

2. BBC SPONSOR
    Quote Originally Posted by Kbahus View Post
    I tried to put these on my Mercury 150 2.5L and couldn't get everything to line up right and lost my patience with trying. These fit 135-200hp V6 Mercury outboards from 1996+ with 4 petal leaf reed valves. Like new, save some money over buying new. $50 shipped
    Too bad you diddn't give a call,I could have solved your problem in 30 seconds...The crankcase front where the reed cages inter are not true rectangles,the botton of each reed"chamber" is sloped to the outside of the block toward the recirculation valve.The stuffers are cut to match this irregularity,and must be installed in proper placement...easy to see if you pay attention to the crankcase front shape.We have sold hundreds of these stuffer sets,usually in reed/stuffer combos,and this is the second time someone has had trouble,first was cleared up buy phone,Chris

3. Member
    Thanks for the info, definitely missed that part and I figured I was doing something wrong. Maybe I will put make a second attempt if nobody wants them.