Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Member
    Hi Blair
    I have the vaults on my tandem 2018 ranger and wondering how to determine which part numbers I need based off the owners manual you posted? Ranger is quoting me 190 bucks for all the parts to overhaul only one hub. My trailer works fine now but one hub has the cap not pressurized as it should but it's not building up any more heat than the others after a 30 min drive to the lake. Lots of miles planned for this spring/summer so wanting to do the maint on them before any long trips. Thank you! *The parts list Ranger sent me includes # L44649 bearing, L68110 timkin race, 129036 1 1/16 race and so on.

2. Member
    Same procedure as regular grease bearings. Only you use Vault grease

3. Member
    Last year I had a Dexter axle replace under warranty. Dexter sent a new axle with pre installed Vault hubs, all I had to do is change out axles. On the new axle the vault cap was barely sticking out. If you replace grease in the new caps per instructions this is how they look, the grease indicator does not stick out far. The instructions say to add grease to the line on inside of cap and replace. Doing it this way the indicator barely sticks out, just like the new axle I received. I always added more grease to make the indicator stick out more because I was worried it wasn’t enough. Apparently the instructions are correct because the new hubs have been fine.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12