Hot foot binding up ( fix)

So i’m cruising across the lake at 50 mph and let off the hot foot and Im still doing 50 mph. Cruise control? 🤷
    I used the toe hold to get off plane. Spooky to say the least. The hot foot has been on the stiff side since I got the boat and today it reared its head. I cut my day short and headed for home to get this sorted out.

First thing was to get the hot foot out and disconnect the throttle cable. I needed to make sure the cable wasn’t binding up. Cable operation was smooth. Next up was the Hot foot. I used my hand and pressed the hot foot down and it stuck. I found the pivot bolt/ bushing was binding up. Appears that it was over torqued and was binding up the bushing. I backed the bolt off maybe an 1/8 th of a turn and the hot foot worked perfectly. I lubricated the moving parts and re installed. The Hot foot now works perfectly. IMG_4327.png

The round shiny bolt with the allen head is the culprit.
    2024 Phoenix 818, Mercury 175 (3B414035) Trick Steps, 3 Garmin 106 SV,s, LVS 34. BoatEFX dual bow mount. Ionic 12V 125AH, 2 12V 100 ah LiTime’s with Blue tooth for the TM. Minn Kota 345 PCL charger, Minn Kota Quest TM.

2. Member
    Mine is very stiff as well. I may try this before I have the same problem.

3. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Brett A View Post
    Mine is very stiff as well. I may try this before I have the same problem.
    Check the return spring for wear also.
    Bill Perry
    Zwolle, LA (Toledo Bend)
    bpicinc_2000@yahoo.com
    2001 ZX-250 VMAX 225. HDS-9 Carbon, HDS-7Carbon, 3D Sonar, HB 998c hd si, Active Target, MG Tour Pro 36v, 12" Slide Master
    USN, USS Newport News CA-148

4. Member
    My boat has been to the lake twice. I don't think it is wear.

I guess I should have added. This is a brand new boat. So it’s a new Hot foot. It’s been on the stiff side, almost binding since day one. Just never stuck until yesterday. After the quick repair and a little silicone spray it’s super smooth.
    2024 Phoenix 818, Mercury 175 (3B414035) Trick Steps, 3 Garmin 106 SV,s, LVS 34. BoatEFX dual bow mount. Ionic 12V 125AH, 2 12V 100 ah LiTime’s with Blue tooth for the TM. Minn Kota 345 PCL charger, Minn Kota Quest TM.