Thread: Tesla

Stocks/Investments Moderator boneil's Avatar

Tesla

I've been trying out the FSD software the last few days, since its a free trial. It's momemts of brilliance mixed with, I would have been in an accident because the FSD does something so stupid. I don't how these people on social media have zero intervention drives day after day. I have yet to have a drive where I didn't have to stop the car from turning into oncoming traffic or running over a curb.

The announcement about Robotaxi being unvailed on 8/8 after the Reuters article seams more like a stock pump than anything. This software is nowhere near ready to be driverless. And I think there is a chance that FSD with current hardware will always be a level 2 driver assist.

I'm really having mixed feelings about Tesla.
    Thanos was the hero

2. Member
    Thats a big change in feelings for you.

3. Stocks/Investments Moderator boneil's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by northstar View Post
    Thats a big change in feelings for you.

I could write an essay on how my feelings have changed on every aspect of the company. For a long time I was giving them the benefit of the doubt that they would execute on ideas, vision, products.... Now, I'll believe it when I see it. I'll believe it when the earnings start to show up. Why are we focusing on robots when the dam auto wipers on the car still work for shit. Musk announced robotaxi back in 2019, and 5 years later he's gonna announce it again, while other companies actually have robo taxis running around.

5 years from now maybe Musk has executed on his ideas and Tesla is a behemoth, BUT maybe we're still there looking at that next shiny object while still waiting for the past promises.

There's a price or an event that makes me buy back into Tesla, but it's not now at these prices or at this time.
    Thanos was the hero

4. Stocks/Investments Moderator boneil's Avatar
    More red flags. It just gets worst.

I may not be an investor any more, but I sure will be listening to the earnings call next week with a bag of popcorn.

On the bright side, I've always thought the energy side of the business could be big and the performance of Tesla energy has been dissapointing. Maybe that will change with Drew gone.
    Thanos was the hero

A guy I work with drives a Tesla and has for a few years now. He told me once that once he gets out on the highway, he can let the car drive by itself. Maybe thats the deal and driving around Aberdeen needs hands on with strong attention as usual.
    2000 Javelin Renegade 20 DC.
    Strong men create easy times, Easy times create weak men & weak men create hard times. Sheikh Rashid bin Saeed Al Maktoum
    In 1944 18-20 year old's stormed beaches, and parachuted behind enemy lines to almost certain death.
    In 2015 18-20 year old's need safe zones so people don't hurt their feelings. "Author Unknown"
    In 2021 18-40 year old's want to and work to cancel you out if you have a different opinion.

6. Member
    I'm still buying the dips to lower my average. I'll continue until I get to the amount I want and then will sit and hold it until it goes up or goes bust. When I get as much as I want I still won't have a big investment overall.

I'm really not buying it for the car sales. There is a lot of stuff going on besides building cars. I'm not sure TSLA ever goes back up only because of how many cars they are selling.

I just can't get over watching them land the spent remains of a rocket on the deck of a boat to be reused at some point. The technology to do that boggles my mind.

7. Stocks/Investments Moderator boneil's Avatar
    The call wasn't bad except for the investor relations guy leaving after many years. Thats alot of executives leaving recently. Guidance was vague, info on the cheaper model 2 was strange. They mentioned that the cheaper model would be made on existing M3 and MY lines. Which to me sounds like another red flag. Is demand for the 3 and Y that soft? Musk basically laid it out as if you don't believe in autonomy then don't invest with them.

I think any bounce is short lived. The stock is more expensive today than it was yesterday. I guess it will all depend on the shareholder holder vote and the robotaxi event on 8/8.
    Thanos was the hero

Smith Mountain Lake, VA and a cottage in Ontario
    Quote Originally Posted by boneil View Post
    The call wasn't bad except for the investor relations guy leaving after many years. Thats alot of executives leaving recently. Guidance was vague, info on the cheaper model 2 was strange. They mentioned that the cheaper model would be made on existing M3 and MY lines. Which to me sounds like another red flag. Is demand for the 3 and Y that soft? Musk basically laid it out as if you don't believe in autonomy then don't invest with them.

I think any bounce is short lived. The stock is more expensive today than it was yesterday. I guess it will all depend on the shareholder holder vote and the robotaxi event on 8/8.
    Does the shareholder vote include the “move” to Texas and Elon’s pay package or only for the board candidates that will make those decisions ? The Cybertruck sure is getting a lot of negative discussion on the owner’s forum. Maybe that engineering expertise could have been put to better use.

9. Stocks/Investments Moderator boneil's Avatar
    The vote is for Elon's pay pack and board members. I'm not sure on the move, but probably is.

Yeah what I have seen on social media about the CT is horrendous. So glad I cancelled my CT order and ordered a new F250. There a tear down photos showing the castings holding water. Thats gonna cause mold issues at the very least and probably not good for the wiring that sits in water all the time
    Thanos was the hero