Metanium DC Differences

Can anyone tell me the difference between the new Met DC vs the previous generation? I know the 24 is smaller, but what did they change? I’m mostly a Daiwa guy and looking to branch out.

2. Member
    Lighter is the biggest thing I noticed and the main reason I have one on order to try. The newer verson of the solid core body was another plus. Normally, I’m not a fan of the DC reels, but I’m curious if these current versions are better than the first generations I got.

2010 Nitro Z7
    Mercury Optimax 150
    Garmin 106SV(bow), 106SV(console)
    Cayuta Creek Outdoors
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCw3...UvSxaeLpzFyYHA

4. Member
    I have both and the I prefer the new one for the more solid feel of the new core body, but the new 70 size is going to be interesting compared to my collection of Antares DC and Conquest DC reels.

Here are some pictures from last week when I received the new reel from Digitaka along with a few other Shimano reels. I've since added the new Shimano Conquest SE as well. That is one very intriguing reel since I have a penchant for round reels!

Conquest-SE-03.jpg
    Conquest-SE-04.jpg
    Conquest-SE-05.jpg
    2022 Vexus VX20/Mercury 250 Pro XS | 2021 Vexus AVX 1980/Mercury 150 Pro XS | "Overkill is underrated!" - "Då Som Nu För Alltid"

5. Member
    Any more reviews on these? Are they really as finicky as most are saying? Thx

6. Member
    That Conquest SE is a beautiful reel.

7. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Chode View Post
    Any more reviews on these? Are they really as finicky as most are saying? Thx

I don't know where people are coming from with finicky. This has been a pretty smooth casting reel and casting among my farthest casting reels. Definitely better than my first generation Calais DC, which I believe was around $700 bucks.