Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
  1. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by OkobojiEagle View Post
    Why hasn't there been a tournament trail started that doesn't allow FFS?
    Why would there be one? It’s available to everyone. Get on board or get left on the dock. Change is inevitable, some don’t like it!

I was a bow hunter in the 70's when the compound bows were introduced. Recurve bow shooters wanted them banned. Look at the bow industry now. LOL

2020 Ranger 521L Tour, 300 Mercury, 112 Minn Kota Ultrex
    3 12" Helix Units, Mega Si, Mega Di, Mega 360, Garmin 8412 W LiveScope mounted on Rite Hite Turret.

3. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by electritek View Post
    I was a bow hunter in the 70's when the compound bows were introduced. Recurve bow shooters wanted them banned. Look at the bow industry now. LOL
    i can only imagine what the crossbows did.

Quote Originally Posted by blakesfav View Post
    So may be a dumb question, but how does FFS work in a team trail set up? Will we eventually see teams set up one unit on the front, and one on the back, so that each guy is scoping? I'd be bored all day fishing dead water while my partner ran a single scope set up.
    Sometimes both guys stand on the front deck. Sometimes one is in the back and the guy up front will tell him where to cast while he works another fish that he sees on the screen.
    "The man of system is apt to be very wise in his own conceit; and is often so enamored with the supposed beauty of his own ideal plan of government that he cannot suffer the smallest deviation from any part of it…He seems to imagine that he can arrange the different members of a great society with as much ease as the hand arranges the different pieces upon a chessboard.” Adam Smith, The Theory of Moral Sentiments

5. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by OkobojiEagle View Post
    Why hasn't there been a tournament trail started that doesn't allow FFS?

There was talk of one being started and a fan asked Randy if he’d fish it. He said, “no”. The guy just looks for a reason to whine.

6. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by blakesfav View Post
    So may be a dumb question, but how does FFS work in a team trail set up? Will we eventually see teams set up one unit on the front, and one on the back, so that each guy is scoping? I'd be bored all day fishing dead water while my partner ran a single scope set up.
    Why would you have to fish dead water? Use your old school thinking and instincts to present a bait in areas fish should be inhabiting. Scope only shows visible fish. Fish steep breaks and boulders or dense weeds up here and you realize scope only shows you a small percentage of the fish population.

7. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by JBIGUNS View Post
    It is really sad you can’t have an opinion that tournament fishing was better and a lot more fun before FFS without getting disrespected and trashed on.
    It comes down to a maturity issue. This is the way young folks (who are generally pro-FFS) discuss/debate an issue now days. Logic and reason gives way to cheap shots, bigotry against people's age and generally low class comments thinking they score points that way.

8. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by MadYakker View Post
    It comes down to a maturity issue. This is the way young folks (who are generally pro-FFS) discuss/debate an issue now days. Logic and reason gives way to cheap shots, bigotry against people's age and generally low class comments thinking they score points that way.
    It goes both ways. Look at the toxic string of comments on nearly any video / post that includes ffs. They love tearing down a young guys first win as “spotlighting”
    2020 Nitro Z20 Pro Package

Quote Originally Posted by okiebass View Post
    why is it only the "OLD GUYS" that dont like it ?? There are lots of others that dont like it either >
    A couple of geriatrics, Clunn and Swindle are fine with it. So is Christie.

Look at the guys ON TOUR that are bitching about it. Now when was the last time any of them were in contention to win
    You can censor my speech but not my thoughts or will
    We are living in a time where intelligent people are being silenced so stupid people won't be offended

11. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Mcjenson View Post
    100%. The older guys that are no longer competitive will 100% hop on the anti ffs bandwagon, and rile up the Randy crowd who I’m convinced don’t even fish tournaments anyways
    I know some high schoolers that don't care for ffs either. When fishing they'd much rather beat the banks than stare at a screen all day.

12. Member
    As time goes on I find myself agreeing with Randy more and more. My dear old dad was right- not all technology is good for us. That’s more of a general life comment.

ah well time to be put out to pasture I suppose.
    2007 Ranger188vs, Mercury optimax 150

13. dartag1829
    Been some interesting posts on social media from Pro's congratulating Koyoa and saying they need to get better at FFS. Didn't they see this coming??

I’ve seen from a couple guys that are doing good with it say they think it should be banned but Ben thought they are doing good with it. It’s not just the people who don’t want to use it.

15. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by wicker*man View Post
    Why would you have to fish dead water? Use your old school thinking and instincts to present a bait in areas fish should be inhabiting. Scope only shows visible fish. Fish steep breaks and boulders or dense weeds up here and you realize scope only shows you a small percentage of the fish population.
    I've fished two opens as a co where my pro was on a brush pile with FFS all day. The water you have behind you is pretty much featureless, and mostly fishless. The hope is that you might find a bass randomly moving from one pile to another. I literally didn't get a single tap either day.

16. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeff Hahn View Post
    Around here, if you're not using FFS, you're going to be lucky to get a top 10 finish in a major team trail. In the "retired guys every other Thursday" trail that I fish, one team using FFS has dominated the last two years, sometimes doubling or tripling the weight of 2nd place. These guys were always a threat to win before FFS. Now, they're simply beasts.
    So how long to you think the other members of this "retired guys every other Thursday trail" will continue to simply hand over their entry fee to the "beasts"? Personally I'd just go elsewhere.

17. Member
    Those that dislike FFS will really hate it after they invest in it and realize how hard it is to successfully utilize it in a bass tournament. It's much easier to target fish visible cover than to chase suspended fish in open water with FFS.

18. Member
    1. “The wireless music box has no imaginable commercial value. Who would pay for a message sent to nobody in particular?" — David Sarnoff's Associates in rejecting a proposal for investment in the radio in the 1920s.
    2. "The concept is interesting and well-formed, but in order to earn better than a 'C,' the idea must be feasible." — A YALE UNIVERSITY professor in response to Fred Smith's paper proposing reliable overnight delivery service. (Smith went on to found Federal Express Corp.)
    3. "Everything that can be invented has been invented." — Charles H. Duell, Commissioner, U.S. Office of Patents, 1899.
    4. "Who the hell wants to hear actors talk?" — H.M. Warner (Warner Brothers) before rejecting proposal for movies with sound in. 1927.
    5. "Heavier-than-air flying machines are impossible." — Lord Kelvin, president, Royal Society, 1895.
    6. “Fooling around with alternating current (AC) is just a waste of time. Nobody will use it, ever.” — Thomas Edison 1889.
    7. “Television won’t be able to hold on to any market it captures after the first six months. People will soon get tired of staring at a plywood box every night.” — Darryl Zanuck, 20th Century Fox. 1946.
    8. “Remote shopping, while entirely feasible, will flop.” — Time Magazine. 1966.
    9. “There’s no chance that the iPhone is going to get any significant market share.” — Steve Ballmer, Microsoft CEO. 2007.
    10. “Cellular phones will absolutely not replace local wire systems.” — Marty Cooper, inventor. 1981.
    11. “No one will need more than 637KB of memory for a personal computer. 640KB ought to be enough for anybody.” — Bill Gates, co-founder and chairman of Microsoft. 1981.
    12. “The idea of a personal communicator in every pocket is a “pipe dream driven by greed.” — Andy Grove, then CEO of Intel. 1992.
    13. "Computers in the future may weigh no more than 1.5 tons." — Popular Mechanics, forecasting the relentless march of science, 1949.
    14. "I think there is a world market for maybe five computers." — Thomas Watson, chairman of IBM, 1943.
    15. "Airplanes are interesting toys but of no military value." — Marshall Ferdinand Foch, Professor of Strategy, Ecole Superieure de Guerre. 1911.
    16. "I do not believe the introduction of motor-cars will ever affect the riding of horses" — Mr Scott-Montague, 1903.
    17. "I do not think it would be practicable to introduce pedestrian crossings in London" — Colonel Ashley, MP, Roads Minister in Britain, in 1927.
    18. "This 'telephone' has too many shortcomings to be seriously considered as a means of communication. The device is inherently of no value to us." — Western Union internal memo, 1876.
    19. "There is no reason anyone would want a computer in their home.” — Ken Olsen, pres., chairman and founder of Digital Equipment Corp., 1977.
    20. "So we went to Atari and said, 'Hey, we've got this amazing thing, even built with some of your parts, and what do you think about funding us? Or we'll give it to you. We just want to do it. Pay our salary, we'll come work for you.' And they said, 'No.' So then we went to Hewlett-Packard, and they said, 'Hey we don't need you. You haven't got through college yet.'" — Apple Computer Inc. founder Steve Jobs on attempts to get Atari and H-P interested in his and Steve Wozniak's personal computer.

And one last extra quote.

[COLOR=rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.9)]"Who the hell wants to copy a document on plain paper???!!!" — 1940 Rejection Letter to Chester Carlson, inventor of the XEROX machine (Note: In fact, over 20 companies rejected his "useless" idea between 1939 and 1944. Even the National Inventors Council dismissed it. Today, the Rank Xerox Corporation has an annual revenue in the range of one billion dollars.)[/COLOR]

19. Member
    If IKE can't figure FFS out, I'm doomed. lol

20. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by WisconsinF View Post
    1. “The wireless music box has no imaginable commercial value. Who would pay for a message sent to nobody in particular?" — David Sarnoff's Associates in rejecting a proposal for investment in the radio in the 1920s.
    2. "The concept is interesting and well-formed, but in order to earn better than a 'C,' the idea must be feasible." — A YALE UNIVERSITY professor in response to Fred Smith's paper proposing reliable overnight delivery service. (Smith went on to found Federal Express Corp.)
    3. "Everything that can be invented has been invented." — Charles H. Duell, Commissioner, U.S. Office of Patents, 1899.
    4. "Who the hell wants to hear actors talk?" — H.M. Warner (Warner Brothers) before rejecting proposal for movies with sound in. 1927.
    5. "Heavier-than-air flying machines are impossible." — Lord Kelvin, president, Royal Society, 1895.
    6. “Fooling around with alternating current (AC) is just a waste of time. Nobody will use it, ever.” — Thomas Edison 1889.
    7. “Television won’t be able to hold on to any market it captures after the first six months. People will soon get tired of staring at a plywood box every night.” — Darryl Zanuck, 20th Century Fox. 1946.
    8. “Remote shopping, while entirely feasible, will flop.” — Time Magazine. 1966.
    9. “There’s no chance that the iPhone is going to get any significant market share.” — Steve Ballmer, Microsoft CEO. 2007.
    10. “Cellular phones will absolutely not replace local wire systems.” — Marty Cooper, inventor. 1981.
    11. “No one will need more than 637KB of memory for a personal computer. 640KB ought to be enough for anybody.” — Bill Gates, co-founder and chairman of Microsoft. 1981.
    12. “The idea of a personal communicator in every pocket is a “pipe dream driven by greed.” — Andy Grove, then CEO of Intel. 1992.
    13. "Computers in the future may weigh no more than 1.5 tons." — Popular Mechanics, forecasting the relentless march of science, 1949.
    14. "I think there is a world market for maybe five computers." — Thomas Watson, chairman of IBM, 1943.
    15. "Airplanes are interesting toys but of no military value." — Marshall Ferdinand Foch, Professor of Strategy, Ecole Superieure de Guerre. 1911.
    16. "I do not believe the introduction of motor-cars will ever affect the riding of horses" — Mr Scott-Montague, 1903.
    17. "I do not think it would be practicable to introduce pedestrian crossings in London" — Colonel Ashley, MP, Roads Minister in Britain, in 1927.
    18. "This 'telephone' has too many shortcomings to be seriously considered as a means of communication. The device is inherently of no value to us." — Western Union internal memo, 1876.
    19. "There is no reason anyone would want a computer in their home.” — Ken Olsen, pres., chairman and founder of Digital Equipment Corp., 1977.
    20. "So we went to Atari and said, 'Hey, we've got this amazing thing, even built with some of your parts, and what do you think about funding us? Or we'll give it to you. We just want to do it. Pay our salary, we'll come work for you.' And they said, 'No.' So then we went to Hewlett-Packard, and they said, 'Hey we don't need you. You haven't got through college yet.'" — Apple Computer Inc. founder Steve Jobs on attempts to get Atari and H-P interested in his and Steve Wozniak's personal computer.

And one last extra quote.

[COLOR=rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.9)]"Who the hell wants to copy a document on plain paper???!!!" — 1940 Rejection Letter to Chester Carlson, inventor of the XEROX machine (Note: In fact, over 20 companies rejected his "useless" idea between 1939 and 1944. Even the National Inventors Council dismissed it. Today, the Rank Xerox Corporation has an annual revenue in the range of one billion dollars.)[/COLOR]
    You forgot one: "Electric cars will never be a viable thing" - 90% of BBC

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast