Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Ft Gibson Lake America lakefolk's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by BigFishSteve View Post
    Completely depends on time of year and weather.
    How about November 17, 47 degrees, overcast skies............

"Being a winner is more than getting a first place trophy, it is acting like the effort was an honor and the trophy is just a decoration."

"A successful man is one who can lay a firm foundation with the bricks others have thrown at him"

2. Big Fish in a Small Pond hoohoorjoo's Avatar
    I love Keen boots. They are lightweight and extremely comfortable right out of the box. They are durable and the Keen-Dry membrane is very waterproof and breathable. Only downside is they are also relatively expensive. I wear a composite toe version for work as a maintenance mechanic, as well. Not counting the weight, they are more comfortable than my sneakers.
    The best revenge is to have enough self-worth not to seek it.

3. Member
    Those look very soft and comfortable!
    Quote Originally Posted by KennyVexus View Post
    For warmer weather I like an over-boot. The best I have found are the Neos Villager.
    They keep feet dry and they breathe.
    https://www.gearcor.com/vis1/NEOS-Villager-Overshoe.htm
    Many of our club members have gotten on these and are all happy.

4. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by geodebasser View Post
    What do you think?
    My vote goes for the Merrell Moab boot. It is very light weight, reasonably water resistant, insulated and you can get for around $150.00. I just bought a pair on sale for $105.00 I have a pair that I have hiked in, fished in the Canadian wilderness and used in thirty degree weather. In addition they are very durable. My first pair is over ten years old.
    what is your favorite boot?

Have you fished with them, standing on a boat, for 8 straight hours yet? My first (and last) set of Merrill’s I got hurt my feet after about 3 hours of standing still (on a boat). I mean hurt so bad I had to take them off and stand on a life jacket (dense foam) for a while to let my feet recover. It was a high dollar Merrill, I don’t know the specific model. Gunshy on that brand now.

5. Member
    I just wear tennis shoes now. Ive worn the ultra tuff, insulated boots, etc.. If your feet sweat your done. Tennis shows and good wool socks seems to be right for me. Unless its raining of course, then i have some rubber over the shoe things to put on or the ultra tuff boots. I do like the ultra tuff boots but once that rubber gets cold my toes dont like them lol

6. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by JJohnSind View Post
    Have you fished with them, standing on a boat, for 8 straight hours yet? My first (and last) set of Merrill’s I got hurt my feet after about 3 hours of standing still (on a boat). I mean hurt so bad I had to take them off and stand on a life jacket (dense foam) for a while to let my feet recover. It was a high dollar Merrill, I don’t know the specific model. Gunshy on that brand now.
    If you see my earlier post on the first page, that's the same experience I had until they finally broke in. They hurt my feet and maybe even my knees and didn't really feel that great or comfortable whenever I wore them on bank fishing trips. They felt stiff and it took a surprisingly long time for them to finally break in. But once they did they're finally very comfortable now and are great boat shoes. No problems wearing them all day in the boat.

7. Team Catfish Original hatcreek's Avatar
    I'm about six months in on a pair of the Merrell Moab hikers.

They're admittedly not daily wear but are just now starting to soften up and become comfortable.

I've experienced no problems with the Vibram soles... they're actually fairly tacky, IMHO.
    Who controls John Gill?

8. Member
    I wear Columbia Newton Ridge waterproof hiking boots. I have a lot of trouble finding boots that don't bug the crap out of my right foot as I have some numbness on the outer part of my foot and they do the trick. Reasonably priced, waterproof, lightweight and I can walk in them all day and not get irritated with them like most boots I have bought in the past. I actually wore them for a few months, liked them so much I bought a second pair. So I have one pair now for hunting and fishing, and one pair just to wear when we are going to be doing a lot of walking.

9. Team Catfish Original hatcreek's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Toni View Post
    I wear Columbia Newton Ridge waterproof hiking boots...
    Have a pair of Columbia Crestwood hikers with a lot of miles on them... Super comfortable and have been a really good boot.
    Who controls John Gill?

10. Member
    I went the other way after trying a couple pairs of the Cabela's Alaskan Guidewear boots and not being very happy with them. A local fishing guide
    turned me on to Sealskinz sox. They are waterproof with a inner plastic liner sandwiched between 2 layers. I can wear them and either just go with
    Crocs, or sneakers. I like my crocs and sneakers to be 1 size over for easy on/off, so these work well. I even now have their cycling hat for winter
    as it has a small lid that folds up when running and provides enough sun relief I don't need another hat. For really cold days, I put my hoodies (wear 2 plus
    thermals with a hoodie, so 3 total) and thermal hoods over the top and am toasty. I really don't like big bulky shoes on when fishing.
    2017 Triton TRX Patriot w/250 ProXS Optimax

Ecco Track 25 for me.
    2010 Ranger 188vx
    175 Mercury Optimax

12. Member
    I just wear rubber grundens deck boots..

13. Member
    I wear a pair of waterproof Keen boots, a cross between work boot and hiking boot. In search of some good socks though, I think that is what makes the difference in you feet getting cold. I've heard about merino wool socks but what else is out there?

Thanks

Merino Wool is the best way to go just be sure what your getting a lot don't have much wool in them.
    Quote Originally Posted by buckmaster27012 View Post
    I wear a pair of waterproof Keen boots, a cross between work boot and hiking boot. In search of some good socks though, I think that is what makes the difference in you feet getting cold. I've heard about merino wool socks but what else is out there?

Thanks
    2010 Ranger 188vx
    175 Mercury Optimax

15. Member
    In the summer I wear simms sandals. When it is pants weather and down to 35-40* I wear simms challenge 7” boots. Then for cold weather I wear Dry-shod arctic boots. One thing I do is put a rubber kitchen mat down to stand on and that has helped back and foot pain from standing all day. I’m in a z18 and they don’t have a padded front deck. So I put my own padding down Lol.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12