Page 9 of 12 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast
  1. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by barbarian View Post
    There’s only 1 side calling the other side illiterate, but less than a minute on the internet and you can find the area in question is called North Toledo Bend WMA. History and facts plainly say it’s part of Toledo Bend, open to the public and permit only required for hunting. Regular fishing laws apply. The levee he jumped is also part of Toledo Bend so even when he was on dry land, he was still within the tournament boundaries or tournament waters.

Can a person get a permit to hunt whitetail in the WMA? If yes, can you shoot a deer while it’s in the water or only on land?

(yes, I’m being serious. If TPWD considers land and water to be the same in the WMA, then I’ll agree with you guys).
    Last edited by Bass in the grass; 05-17-2023 at 10:42 PM.

2. Member
    Well said. Everyone on here arguing semantics until the rules are more properly stated.

Quote Originally Posted by SKfishing View Post
    Open Rules
    https://www.bassmaster.com/wp-content/uploads/2022/11/2023-Opens-Rules-FINAL-2.pdf

Please show me where it says you can’t jump dry land. Says you can’t leave the boat and can’t leave tournament waters. The map in my phone shows it as Toledo Bend. It is my understanding that Hank Parker won an event by jumping into a pond and others including Cochran and Nixon have jumped also in glass boats.

There is a part of rule 14 that questionable waters should be brought to the attention of tournament directors before the tournament starts, but I read it as questioning the legality of fishing there.

I believe BASS’s first priority should be preserving access, not denying it. IMO The whole deal is gray enough, BASS should have given this one to Poche and rework to rules as needed for next year.
    Agreed Steve.
    2022 Skeeter ZXR20
    Yamaha 250 SHO

4. Member
    I agree with Steve
    Semper Fi

5. dartag1829
    Anyone know if anything was said about it at this weeks Open Angler meeting.

6. Member
    Open Rules
    https://www.bassmaster.com/wp-content/uploads/2022/11/2023-Opens-Rules-FINAL-2.pdf

Please show me where it says you can’t jump dry land. Says you can’t leave the boat and can’t leave tournament waters. The map in my phone shows it as Toledo Bend. It is my understanding that Hank Parker won an event by jumping into a pond and others including Cochran and Nixon have jumped also in glass boats.

There is a part of rule 14 that questionable waters should be brought to the attention of tournament directors before the tournament starts, but I read it as questioning the legality of fishing there.

I believe BASS’s first priority should be preserving access, not denying it. IMO The whole deal is gray enough, BASS should have given this one to Poche and rework to rules as needed for next year.
    EXACTLY^^^^^^^^^

[QUOTE]Some of the mental gymnastics' you guys will play is unreal.[/QUOTE.]

8. Member
    Open Rules

This is exactly what I've been saying. He didn't cross private property and both the dam and area he fished are part of Toledo Bend. The rollers on the dam affirm that it is permitted to cross it to get to that water. I agree BASS should have ruled according to the rules in place instead of trying to figure a way to apply a DQ. If not clearly spelled out it is on BASS to clear it up, not to spin the meaning of the rule that is clearly not defined. Poche should at minimum get his entry fee back to be fair.

Dripping Springs, Texas and Wahpeton, Iowa
    [QUOTE=fishnfireman;13017926]
    Some of the mental gymnastics' you guys will play is unreal.[/QUOTE.]
    These Mental Gymnastics remind me of a guy that was on my "Football Officiating Crew" we would do our rules test before every season then discuss any changes and the responsibilities of each official.

This guy would constantly nitpick when interpreting rules just like this thread with all well if this or that happens and wouldn't shut up acting like he was a defense attorney. When I look back on all the games I did with him he made a lot of dumb mistakes that had to be corrected he should have studied all the rules more instead of going through all the "Mental Gymnastics trying to render B.S. Legal Opinions".

10. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by DoctorJJ View Post
    None of the land around Gibson, within the flood plain, is private.
    So when the water is 20' high those cattle fields on the north end aren't private? I know it's probably different but on Spavinaw creek at Lake Eucha it's not legal to go into those flooded fields. Spavinaw creek also isn't considered a navigable water way either.

11. Member
    All of the guys on the tour are just butt hurt that poche put the time and effort in to do something they weren't willing to do. It's just jealousy, same on the milf tore. He takes a little boat up in some skinny water and fishes below a hazardous dam and they're all butt hurt as well. He just fishes his strengths. I love watching him. He is probably my favorite, but his style and mine are similar. He chose to use the same boat the whole season and it will be a disadvantage at times like when they go up north to the big open water fisheries but you won't hear him crying about it then. They need to fix the rules to where it is crystal clear what can and cannot be done. Another thing is it's not like he even won the tournament or finished in top 5. And as far as gman is concerned.......lost all respect for him when he made that video. I remember years ago watching him practice on high rock for the classic in cut off shorts and no shirt on.....he was a good ol boy. Now he's just a tool. Always wanted him to win a blue trophy so bad, don't care if he ever has success again. Should've stayed out of this one. And whoever said poche cried victim with the ish monroe incident is just blatantly lying.....he initially was the victim because monroe started it, but monroe got his @$$ kicked and he was the one crying. Poche is just a bad dude. Like it or not. i hope he wins every tournament the rest of the year.

12. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by kb_rn87 View Post
    All of the guys on the tour are just butt hurt that poche put the time and effort in to do something they weren't willing to do. It's just jealousy, same on the milf tore. He takes a little boat up in some skinny water and fishes below a hazardous dam and they're all butt hurt as well. He just fishes his strengths. I love watching him. He is probably my favorite, but his style and mine are similar. He chose to use the same boat the whole season and it will be a disadvantage at times like when they go up north to the big open water fisheries but you won't hear him crying about it then. They need to fix the rules to where it is crystal clear what can and cannot be done. Another thing is it's not like he even won the tournament or finished in top 5. And as far as gman is concerned.......lost all respect for him when he made that video. I remember years ago watching him practice on high rock for the classic in cut off shorts and no shirt on.....he was a good ol boy. Now he's just a tool. Always wanted him to win a blue trophy so bad, don't care if he ever has success again. Should've stayed out of this one. And whoever said poche cried victim with the ish monroe incident is just blatantly lying.....he initially was the victim because monroe started it, but monroe got his @$$ kicked and he was the one crying. Poche is just a bad dude. Like it or not. i hope he wins every tournament the rest of the year.
    I can only say this, seems like drama follows him wherever he goes. I don't dislike or like him because I don't know the guy, but when your name starts surface numerous times it doesn't look good for you. I know what he did here on the James river last was illegal by law, he was not prosecuted or even charged because I believe the property was not posted and the land owner didn't care to take it to court. Take the fishing out of it, cutting trees on someone's property is illegal and entering a private pond is tresspassing. I blame him and BASS both on that one, however, they probably never figured anybody would take it that far to win. As for Ish, I do not care for him. He's not a guy I would hang with, but neither are about 90% of the pros.
    2021/ 200 hp 4 stroke pro xs
    2021 Triton TRX 18
    #3B051045

13. Member
    gerald making his rules video has been the most notable thing he's done on the elite series this year. he probably should've stayed out of this whole debacle and focused on catching a limit.

14. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by morrcat33 View Post
    gerald making his rules video has been the most notable thing he's done on the elite series this year. he probably should've stayed out of this whole debacle and focused on catching a limit.
    Yep. It was a way to get views.
    I don't think it's working out the way he thought it would play out.

15. dartag1829
    Quote Originally Posted by morrcat33 View Post
    Gerald is around for the fun of it. He has made his money and probably still makes good money from sponsors. Bass and the crowd love his onstage speeches. But he is kind of like Henny Youngman with the old small town jokes. His act is getting old. Making the video and commenting on Facebook is a way for him to get hits and likes for content. Same with Randy B. Heck I have been waiting for Randy Flowers to post a report.

Like I have said Ross Chastain has done more for NASCAR in this year than any other driver. Love Rich Hendrick calling him out. That got Major Press. Notice no fines or suspensions for the punch he threw when the other guy grabbed him. You can't buy press coverage like that. You get if for Free.

16. Member
    Am I the only one that after reading all this it makes me think of the A Few Good Men trial scene Just flip to the page of the book that discusses Code Red and turn to the page where the mess hall is

17. Member
    Funny on BPT right now, Marty was commenting on how "Poche has taken his aluminum boat today so far he didnt even know it was part of the lake they are fishing and he has fished it for 24 years, but the BPT style fits Poche, he can use his aluminum boat, use over a hour or so to get to a spot and then not worry about getting back for a weigh in". Sounded like they were even encouraging him to do it lol. Then that led to a contest on winning an aluminum boat by Lund and Marty said, "you too can be like Poche or John Cox and compete and go places others cant if you win this boat" lol........

18. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Southernfried View Post
    Funny on BPT right now, Marty was commenting on how "Poche has taken his aluminum boat today so far he didnt even know it was part of the lake they are fishing and he has fished it for 24 years, but the BPT style fits Poche, he can use his aluminum boat, use over a hour or so to get to a spot and then not worry about getting back for a weigh in". Sounded like they were even encouraging him to do it lol. Then that led to a contest on winning an aluminum boat by Lund and Marty said, "you too can be like Poche or John Cox and compete and go places others cant if you win this boat" lol........
    Good points, I think the circuits should encourage creativity, it makes it a lot more interesting. I did not see the big deal in Roland building a platform or him or Ott using their jet boats to run up the river. If I am a competitor, I am thinking that's one less guy who might be sitting on one of my spots out on the lake. Also, I look at it as just another strategy, you might win or it might be a bust.

19. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by bass0001 View Post
    Am I the only one that after reading all this it makes me think of the A Few Good Men trial scene Just flip to the page of the book that discusses Code Red and turn to the page where the mess hall is
    Did you intentionally jump dry land....You damn right I did!

Dripping Springs, Texas and Wahpeton, Iowa
    Randy Flowers is That You? milf tore, no capitol letters on names plus a good old boy for good measure is eerily similar to Mr Flowers style if you are not Mr Flowers you can probably do a good keyboard impersonation.

Page 9 of 12 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast