Thread: Ranger trail

Ranger trail

Anyone know what actuator is on a 2018 Z521 ranger trail? My buddies boat is slamming when he takes off from a dead stop and mine doesn’t. Looking for a manual to trouble shoot or find a replacement. The master cylinder has fluid in it and brakes have been bleed but didn’t seem to help it.
    Money can't buy happiness but it can buy fishing baits and that's about the same thing

Make sure the master cylinder is full, and no line leaks. I had a lose line and mine was slamming. I filled it up bleed the brakes and all,was,good.
    2022 Caymas cx20pro 250 Pro XS s/n 3B099812

3. Ranger Boats Moderator jc2bg's Avatar
    You can call Ranger Parts for the replacement actuator. But a 2018 still potentially is under warranty. Check with a/the dealer.
    John Clark — Findlay, Ohio

4. Member
    A-70 or XR-84 is the self latching.

5. Member
    I don’t know the part number but it’s not the actuator,it’s the little shock absorber looking dampener. They wear out after a while and need to be replaced.

6. Member
    It might be the hitch sliding back and forth. Mine was

7. Member
    Before you buy the hitch check the shock that is in the hitch. If its bad it will let it come in and out to fast

8. Member
    Thanks for the replies. Been out of town but lots of good info to check in to!
    Money can't buy happiness but it can buy fishing baits and that's about the same thing

9. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by accurate View Post
    Make sure the master cylinder is full, and no line leaks. I had a lose line and mine was slamming. I filled it up bleed the brakes and all,was,good.
    Did you have fluid on the back of the tires or on the garage floor? I’ll check the lines but don’t see any sign of a leak

Weird, but must have leaked on the road or whatever. I never saw anything on the trailer or garage floor
    2022 Caymas cx20pro 250 Pro XS s/n 3B099812

11. 2022 Ranger Z520R Cup
    Yep XR-84 Trailer Buddy by UFP out of San Marcos CA / Winchester TN. Phone is 760 744 1616 / Website www.ufpnet.com