blown powerhead covered on insurance?

Have any of you ever heard of a blown powerhead cover by insurance? A friend of mine ran up on a gravel bar recently and it started running bad afterwards and when he took it to a mechanic they told him his powerhead was shot so he's filing an insurance claim and I've never heard of this so I figured this would be a good place to get some opinions.

You'd be surprised what they cover...dude I know poured DEF into a 6.7 fuel tank and then drove the truck. Insurance paid 12k to fix it.

3. Member
    Did he do it on purpose?

4. Member
    yes.know of a couple insurance paid for.Not mine though.

5. Member
    Had a friend that blew a powerhead because there was water in his gas and they covered it.

6. Member
    Yes, My brother hit a submerged log at Guntersville a couple years ago. About ten minutes after it happened she blew. Insurance covered all repairs.

Result of an accident (ran up on a gravel bar) it would not surprise me it would be covered as long as the mechanic vouched it was the result of the accident. Also remember some insurance companies are now selling "repair policies" to cover catastrophic failure repair. It's like a third party warranty.

8. Member
    Most of the times , the insurance company will call blown power head a wear deal, not covered. I had a buddy blew one, picked up a plastic ice bag around his lower unit, and his alarm did not sound...BAM! He took a pic of the ice bag wrapped around the lower unit when he raised the motor, and they agreed to cover it under water hazard. This was a bout 20 years ago though.

Quote Originally Posted by slaunch View Post
    Did he do it on purpose?
    No...just a rookie diesel owner not paying attention.

10. Scraps
    It don't matter how you broke it. If it's under insurance you git paid.
    2017 Phoenix 819
    2016 200ProXS, s/n 2B359849, Mod 1200P73BD

Quote Originally Posted by dean c View Post
    No...just a rookie diesel owner not paying attention.
    One of our co-workers by ay chance? I know one guy who had DEF in his fuel, he was telling me it had to have been the dealer. First diesel for him and he hadn't had it too long. That is one expensive repair!

12. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by krindgen View Post
    It don't matter how you broke it. If it's under insurance you git paid.
    Yeah not always. If you are just cruising down the lake and your 2-stroke pops thats just wear and tear, insurance is not an extended warranty.

13. Member
    I ran over an ice bag one time with a 150 Johnson GT and the engine blew due to overheating caused by lack of cooling water. Insurance adjuster verified that overheat horn was defective and paid for a rebuild.

Quote Originally Posted by C130 View Post
    One of our co-workers by ay chance? I know one guy who had DEF in his fuel, he was telling me it had to have been the dealer. First diesel for him and he hadn't had it too long. That is one expensive repair!
    No...but one of our bassin brothers! He's already traded it in.

15. Member
    Hitting a bag or hitting a sandbar is a collision. Some policies cover collision or effects of it.
    Nelson

hi all..just this spring bent the main shaft on my trolling motor and tore up the rack gear, insurance paid to repair it. After I got it back still wasn't working right called the adjuster and they paid for a new trolling motor, cost my $125.00 deductible under collision, they gave me money to remove and reinstall the motor.

Never had a claim before but it went smooth and no BS
    Allen
    911 Bass Anglers
    Bucks County PA

17. Member
    I wouldn't ask insurance to pay for my mistake. I did once submit a claim for running up on an unmarked bridge support because I didn't know how to fix fiberglass. The squared off concrete support extended 20 feet from the bridge underwater.