Results 1 to 9 of 9
  1. #1
    Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Lyndeborough NH
    Posts
    156

    favorite summer presentation for L/M mid day?

    Spending as much time as possible this year checking out new places. Anytime I am fishing smallies I do well, L/M not so much. Hoping you guys might have some advice on summertime midday presentations so I don't have to put my boat back on the trailer at 10am.

  2.  
  3. Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Exeter,New Hampshire
    Posts
    2,972
    #2
    Laydowns and shady pad areas. If they have deep water nearby so much the better.
    Red Sox in 6!

  4. Member cyclone70's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    Merrimack,N.H.
    Posts
    5,523
    #3
    I usually will look for submerged weedbeds in 10+ ft. of water using my electronics.
    Then use plastics with no more than 3/16 oz weight and pick the area apart slowly dragging over the tops
    and letting the bait fall into the holes.Too much weight and you're draggin up crap constantly.
    This is usually good for mid-day on hot days.



    SOCIALISM IS NOT THE ANSWER
    JUST LOOK WHERE EUROPE IS NOW
    USA the NEW Greece

    TYLER W.
    PROCRAFT 170B/FORCE 120

  5. Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Milford, NH
    Posts
    6,324
    #4
    Quote Originally Posted by cyclone70 View Post
    I usually will look for submerged weedbeds in 10+ ft. of water using my electronics.
    Then use plastics with no more than 3/16 oz weight and pick the area apart slowly dragging over the tops
    and letting the bait fall into the holes.Too much weight and you're draggin up crap constantly.
    This is usually good for mid-day on hot days.
    That's what I usually do. This year, I've been having a lot of success with a swimbait. Throw it out toward those same grass patches, or the deep end of a downed tree, and just kill it. Let it fall straight down, and watch your line. If nothing, slow roll it back to the boat if you're fishing deep structure along the shore. If you're fishing the grass patches, pull it back up a bit and kill it again, so it falls back down in a different spot. If nothing, slow roll it back. Rinse repeat.

    I have to thank Travis again for putting me on the swimbait. I've had more, bigger fish this year than I have had in the past 2-3 years combined.
    -Be who you are. Think honestly. Rock Regardless.-

  6. TMG
    TMG is offline
    Member TMG's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    New Hampshire
    Posts
    9,999
    #5
    Secondary weed edges work well. I like to throw lizards or big worms on a shakey head. I also like to throw squarebills over the tops of grass over secondary grass edges. C-rig structure in deeper water also works well once the sun gets hot. I always fish all day. When the sun gets hot the fishing slows down but you can still catch them.
    "talking to you is like clapping with one hand"
    Anthrax

  7. Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Milford, NH
    Posts
    6,324
    #6
    Quote Originally Posted by TMG View Post
    Secondary weed edges work well. I like to throw lizards or big worms on a shakey head. I also like to throw squarebills over the tops of grass over secondary grass edges. C-rig structure in deeper water also works well once the sun gets hot. I always fish all day. When the sun gets hot the fishing slows down but you can still catch them.
    Ah yes, I forgot about the C-rig out deep, it does work really well.
    -Be who you are. Think honestly. Rock Regardless.-

  8. Mac
    Mac is offline
    Moderator Mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    Newport
    Posts
    3,372
    #7
    Quote Originally Posted by Phrog Phil View Post
    Laydowns and shady pad areas. If they have deep water nearby so much the better.
    This works for me.

  9. Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Lyndeborough NH
    Posts
    156
    #8
    Thanks for the input! Hopefully this weekend will be a little more productive....

  10. Class of 2016 NH Bassmaster's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Conway, NH
    Posts
    3,970
    #9
    3/4oz football jig in 10-25 feet catches plenty of largemouth for me
    Keep calm and fish.