Results 1 to 11 of 11
  1. #1
    JF1
    JF1 is offline
    Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    Niles
    Posts
    1,100

    Motorguide shocks

    I saw on a thread here someone is making a lift assist shock (aftermarket) for motorguide trolling motors. Has anyone used them? Do they replace the springs, or are they to be used in conjunction with the springs?

    98 Intimidator 2000
    06 225 Etec HO

  2.  
  3. Disabled USAF Vietnam Vet Wildcat Dude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Smyrna, TN
    Posts
    3,081
    #2
    Charles - Smyrna TN
    USAF Security Police K9 SSGT
    Vietnam Vet 100% Disabled 68-77
    Retired Police Detective Narcotics K9 94
    Retired IT Admin/System Admin
    Now just hoping to get fishing in

    1993 Voyager 20ft Pontoon w/2011 Mercury BigFoot 60 SN# 1C156888
    2013 Tracker Pro 175TF w/2013 Mercury 60 4 stroke SN# 1C209504

  4. Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Wichita,ks
    Posts
    215
    #3
    I would like some input from people that have used this item for a period of time and could give a honest opinion on what they thought. Pros and cons.

  5. JF1
    JF1 is offline
    Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    Niles
    Posts
    1,100
    #4
    Quote Originally Posted by Outofsightpdr View Post
    I would like some input from people that have used this item for a period of time and could give a honest opinion on what they thought. Pros and cons.
    What he said

    98 Intimidator 2000
    06 225 Etec HO

  6. Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Collinsville, IL
    Posts
    7,120
    #5
    Quote Originally Posted by JF1 View Post
    I saw on a thread here someone is making a lift assist shock (aftermarket) for motorguide trolling motors. Has anyone used them? Do they replace the springs, or are they to be used in conjunction with the springs?
    I put a couple on my mount. Works great. No, this does not replace the springs, the springs are for the breakaway part of your bracket. Pretty simple installation, I bought the parts myself and installed them myself but the price of the kit is about the same.

  7. Disabled USAF Vietnam Vet Wildcat Dude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Smyrna, TN
    Posts
    3,081
    #6
    So where did you get them from - got a link?
    Charles - Smyrna TN
    USAF Security Police K9 SSGT
    Vietnam Vet 100% Disabled 68-77
    Retired Police Detective Narcotics K9 94
    Retired IT Admin/System Admin
    Now just hoping to get fishing in

    1993 Voyager 20ft Pontoon w/2011 Mercury BigFoot 60 SN# 1C156888
    2013 Tracker Pro 175TF w/2013 Mercury 60 4 stroke SN# 1C209504

  8. BBC SPONSOR
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    RussVegas
    Posts
    779
    #7
    We have them in stock

  9. Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Marion, AR
    Posts
    2,095
    #8
    Quote Originally Posted by STRETCH1 View Post
    I put a couple on my mount. Works great. No, this does not replace the springs, the springs are for the breakaway part of your bracket. Pretty simple installation, I bought the parts myself and installed them myself but the price of the kit is about the same.
    Does it help the rattle that MG has in the bracket?

  10. Member Phisherman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    North Carolina
    Posts
    251
    #9
    Equalizer.jpgThis is what you need, will take care of all your issues, I use it and recommend this to anyone and everyone Home - Propeller Dynamics The Equalizer Tell Robby I sent you
    Eddie LeNeave
    Hope Mills, N.C.
    https://www.facebook.com/eddieleneavefishadventures
    BassCat Puma
    Mercury 250Pro Xs
    Powers Swain Fishing Team
    Humminbird Staff
    TTI BlakeMore Staff

  11. Member R. Charlie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    Cape Girardeau
    Posts
    1,006
    #10
    I have the Equalizers and I am very please with them. Make raising the trolling motor very easy. I accidentally let go of the cable for deploying and retrieval while deploying the motor did not slam down. I did have to pull of the cable for it to lock in place.

    Easy to install. Comes with everything required to install and the instruction and template are on the money.

    I recommend to anyone with back trouble.


    I thank the lord above every time I can, I get to be a fisherman

  12. Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Collinsville, IL
    Posts
    7,120
    #11
    Quote Originally Posted by Wildcat Dude View Post
    So where did you get them from - got a link?
    Links are above my post. I had some trial and error to do to get the right compression. You can buy the parts all over on the internet and make them yourself but buying a pre-canned setup is much less aggravation.