Not positive about this but I think he uses Evergreen Rods and has them imported from Japan. Something crazy like $1000 a piece. Like I said, not positive, just remember hearing him talk about something like that
Hite’s Winning Baits and Gear:
- 3/8-ounce and ½-ounce ChatterBait in Green Pumpkin or Black/Blue.
- 4 ½-inch Gary Yamamoto Swimming Senko trailer in Black/Blue or Green Pumpkin with a chartreuse tail.
- Unnamed swimbait trailer.
- 20 lb. test Sunline Super FC Sniper.
- 7’3” Evergreen Tour Pro Series Power Glass Heracles Leopard casting rod.
- 6.2:1 Shimano Chronarch CI4 reel.
- See more at: HITE WITH A THUNDEROUS VICTORY ON SEMINOLE - The Bass Zone
I am a chatterbaiting fool. It is my go to bait. I use it everywhere with the exception of deep, clear lakes and smallmouth. I have followed B. Hite for sometime because of his love of the chatterbaits and his numerous tips on fishing them. I have heard him on more than one occasion mention the glass rod for this technique. Personally that is one aspect I'm not buying. My favorite set-up right now is a 7'3" Omen in MH with a fast tip rigged with a Lew's Team gold 7.1:1 reel. As I said I do a lot of work with this rig, especially up on Champlain. This rod has the forgiveness and the strength to root those bass out of milfoil and over laydowns. Just my opinion, but I haven't won $243,000 in the past 6 weeks either.