Results 1 to 13 of 13
  1. #1
    Monitor hunt22-250's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    NE
    Posts
    22,345

    New show on TV called 911

    Anyone watch this new show of real 911 calls made. The call that shocked me was when the 911 operator told a woman to put her gun down while there was a guy in her place. She puts the gun down and the guy finds her and attacks her before the cops got there. I can understand not having the gun in hand when the cops are there but why would you put it down before help arrived.

  2.  
  3. Indiana Bass Club Moderator sc419795's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Schererville, Indiana
    Posts
    4,367
    #2
    Maybe Bob Costas can comment on this one next Sunday.
    Steve
    1993 Stratos 264/1992 Evinrude 90 HP
    Model E90TLEND/Serial G03150890

  4. Lost and confused MississippiBoy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Ridgeland, MS
    Posts
    2,078
    #3
    I've seen the previews a couple of times, during which they played a couple short clips from 2 different calls. One of them is a woman, crying, saying, "There's someone in my house. I don't know what to do!" My first thought was, well, it's a little late to try to figure that out now.
    The second clip was apparently a manager or some employee at an outdoors store, like Academy or similar. There's a man with a gun inthe store, and the employee says, "He's at the gun counter, loading his gun." If he's loading his gun, he can't shoot. You've got a few seconds here......jump him NOW. Or, wait for him to finish loading.

  5. USAF retired Puma Jim's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Bellevue
    Posts
    10,992
    #4
    Quote Originally Posted by hunt22-250 View Post
    Anyone watch this new show of real 911 calls made. The call that shocked me was when the 911 operator told a woman to put her gun down while there was a guy in her place. She puts the gun down and the guy finds her and attacks her before the cops got there. I can understand not having the gun in hand when the cops are there but why would you put it down before help arrived.
    did not watch it but very impressed that you have a post with three sentences

  6. Moderator
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    Pflugerville, Tx
    Posts
    17,197
    #5
    Seems if the woman listened to the 911 operator, she wasn't ready and capable of using the firearm anyway, or she would have known that was a stupid idea. You don't give up your weapon.
    Pflugerville, Tx - Somewhere between a Rock and a Weird Place

  7. Member Finntasticfishin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Mahagony Ridge, MI
    Posts
    1,231
    #6
    Quote Originally Posted by Puma Jim View Post
    did not watch it but very impressed that you have a post with three sentences
    Funniest post of the day!
    NRA Patron Life Member

  8. Member waterjunkie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Lakeview, AR.
    Posts
    17,713
    #7
    Quote Originally Posted by Puma Jim View Post
    did not watch it but very impressed that you have a post with three sentences

  9. Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    NW Georgia
    Posts
    11,827
    #8
    I saw that part where the man was telling the dispatcher "He is loading his gun". Why not take him out then or get the heck out of the store?

  10. Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Warner Robins, Ga
    Posts
    3,438
    #9
    I watched it and was yelling at my tv the whole time! I cannot believe the stupidity some people show at times.

  11. Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Wethersfield, Ct
    Posts
    3,582
    #10
    I cant believe they put this show on TV. The biggest thrill crime for adrenaline junky thugs are home invasions. Putting some helpless person on TV screaming feeds into the psyche of these thugs.

  12. Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Starr, S.C.
    Posts
    4,215
    #11
    Quote Originally Posted by javelin jd View Post
    I watched it and was yelling at my tv the whole time! I cannot believe the stupidity some people show at times.
    I was yelling at the tv too when I watched it. I was glad to see the woman shoot the intruder on the other episode. At least 1 of the guys got what they deserved.

  13. Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Macomb Illinois
    Posts
    632
    #12
    Quote Originally Posted by MississippiBoy View Post
    I've seen the previews a couple of times, during which they played a couple short clips from 2 different calls. One of them is a woman, crying, saying, "There's someone in my house. I don't know what to do!" My first thought was, well, it's a little late to try to figure that out now.
    The second clip was apparently a manager or some employee at an outdoors store, like Academy or similar. There's a man with a gun inthe store, and the employee says, "He's at the gun counter, loading his gun." If he's loading his gun, he can't shoot. You've got a few seconds here......jump him NOW. Or, wait for him to finish loading.
    That happened in the town where I live.Farm King store was the location.This kid chose the store to make his last stand.He took a couple shots at the cops and then killed himself,kinda sad.Glad he did'nt take anybody with him.

  14. Member
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Satsuma Ala
    Posts
    781
    #13
    Quote Originally Posted by sc419795 View Post
    Maybe Bob Costas can comment on this one next Sunday.
    Very well said Steve