04-06-2012 until 12-31-2099
PLEASE READ Before Posting..... Updated 8/19/2015
Welcome to the Mercury 3 Liter and 3 Liter High Performance Forum!
In this forum, we are trying to focus primarily on the newer, emissions rated 3 Liter engines (it's also acceptable to post questions on Various Optimax, ProXS, EFI or 300X/XS's motors).
PLEASE READ CAREFULLY:
Please ensure that your post conforms to the guidelines below. This helps to ensure a smooth-running forum, and allows those of us offering advise to provide the most accurate answers available. If your post does not conform to these Announcements, it may be edited or deleted by moderator.
When you post, it is very helpful if you will include the following (Items in RED are Required):
1. Engine Serial Number
3. Prop you are Running
4. Current Maximum RPM
5. Idle and WOT Water Pressure Readings
6. Smartcraft or Analog Instruments?
(Information in red is Required)- if you do not provide the required information- you may be asked to provide the information before proceeding with answers (or post deleted if the information is not provided within a reasonable time, or after reminder/request).
Providing the required (appropriate) information will help those of us who are answering questions provide you with the most ACCURATE information available to us.
- Please refrain from posting items in this forum that don't relate "at all" to Mercury Engines... there are plenty of appropriate forums for such postings.
- As threads come along that address "common issues", I will be "pinning" them to the top of the forum in the "Commonly Asked- Commonly Used" sticky post- for easy access to all members.
- Please check the "Commonly Asked- Commonly Used" post to make sure your answer isn't already posted there. Also refer to your engine owner's manual (or a Service Manual)- MANY common questions can be answered there quickly.
- Please place "For Sale" items in their appropriate forums. Any business adds, business website links (or business items) should be CURRENT BBC Sponsors.
- PLEASE, ABSOLUTELY ONLY ONE ENGINE PER POST. Start a new thread for separate engines, or separate members to help avoid confusion!
- Don't be shy: IMO, the only "stupid question is the one that is never asked". So... if you've got a question, just ask it. I've asked some of the "best techs on BBC" to "eye in" on this forum, and there is a wealth of information available!
- Also, please remember that the "experts, tech's, do-it-yourselfers, and well-seasoned owners" that answer questions here do this as volunteers... so please try to be nice! Differences in opinion and occasional disagreements may arise, and that's fine. We just don't want to see anyone "bashing" a valued volunteer, which in the end, costs all our BBC members (when we lose the "bashee's" valuable input).
- Please, do NOT post negative comments directly naming dealers, sponsors, or products on these boards. They are in poor taste, and usually just reflect poorly on you as the poster. Any such posts will very likely result in your post hitting the "round file" (or worse, at the sole discretion of moderators/administrators)!
- This forum is for CONSTRUCTIVE, helpful advise and assistance. Please refrain from posting rants... they are seldom productive, and will likely be deleted.
- E-Bay, Auction, or Clearance Auction purchased items are not supported here. Please contact the seller of those items (directly) for support on any items purchased from such sources.
- Moderator's decisions are FINAL. If you are admonished by a moderator, please take it to heart. If your post is edited, deleted, or otherwise marked as an infraction- please read what is said and follow it.
Thank you, in advance, for your cooperation with the above guidelines. Those of us assisting in this forum look forward to providing you with the best support we can, and look forward to helping make your Mercury Engine Experience enjoyable!
Regarding the subject of volunteer's and advise offered, read, or posted here:
Please remember that you, as the consumer, are responsible to use your own best judgment in regards to any advise offered, requested, or taken. Comments written/posted are merely opinions, whether or not they are based on fact, written material or conjecture, and should be treated as such. By owning and or operating any High Performance motor (or any other motor covered by these boards), you must understand that there are risks involved, both "expected, and unexpected". Ultimately, you (as the consumer) are responsible for your own safety.
Under no circumstances shall BBC, it's owners/officers, any BBC member, Sponsor, individual, company, or corporation be held liable for personal injury, property damage, or any cause outside of their immediate control that results from any information viewed in this forum.
By reading and/or posting on this board/forum, you have electronically agreed to the preceding disclaimer- and to abide by the items above.
As always... please remember to support our BBC Sponsors- who help to make this forum possible!